Sungai Pertak campsite is in Kg Pertak which is just around 1 hour drive from Kuala Lumpur. What’s best about this campsite is that it is not far from the main road, but you’ll still get a dense forest with a crystal-clear river. The hike to this campsite is just 15 minutes, which is easy and short. There are multiple hiking trails around the area! If you’ve heard of Lata Medang, Lata Makau or Bukit Kutu, this is where you’ll pass by. Located at the foothill of all these trails, it is really a good place to stay for a night after the challenging hikes.
- All participants for this tour need to be vaccinated.
- Do check you have a valid passport/Expiry date for the event before your trip.
- Once the event permits are applied, event cost is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Advised to get travel insurance once you book the event.
Bukit Kutu is a mountain near Kuala Kubu Bharu along the trunk road to Fraser’s Hill. At 1,050m high, it was once a colonial hill station called ‘Teacher’s Hill’, until usurped by neighboring Fraser’s Hill in popularity. Bombed by the Japanese during the war, it was eventually abandoned to wild, until even the access road (by cart rail) was lost in thick vegetation. Today, the only remains of the bungalows that once overlooked the lush valley are a chimney, fireplace and well (that still collects water), and stone walls at the other end of the ridge. It is a popular climbing spot-on weekends, with beautiful views of the Titiwangsa mountain range and Kuala Kubu Bharu dam at the summit.
EVENT DATE: 02-04 Sep2022
EVENT DURATION: 2N2D trip
SGTREK MEMBERS: SGD275/Pax
Become a SGTREK Member and enjoy the benefits. Read here for Membership benefits: https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-membership/
*All the parks in Malaysia have a new guiding rules. Guide ration 1Guide:7clients. Cost of the permits and guiding fees have been increased since pandemic.
STAFF CONTACT: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
- Group size minimum 10-14pax – Transportation is Van
- Group size minimum 25pax above – Transportation is Bus
Meetup Place: Marsiling MRT BUS STOP (near Maxi Cash)
Meetup Time: 10.00pm (Please note we will depart 10:00PM on 02-Sep-2022)
Height : 3576 feet (1090 meter)
Location : Kuala Kubu Bharu (Selangor)
Usually it takes 4 to 5 hours
Distance : about 7 KM
Hike Grading : Moderate https://sgtrek.com/hike-grading/
*Suitable for people who have hiking experience like Gunung Lambak, Gunung Belumut, Gunung Datuk.
We will meet up at 10.00pm at the Marsiling Mrt (near Maxicash). Event Coordinators will do the briefing about the journey. From there we will depart to Singapore Customs & to JB Customs. At JB customs you can buy drinks/snacks/water etc. for the road trip. From there we will drive to KKB. Early morning along the road we will stopover for breakfast(*kindly take note there are limited food places around this area, we suggest you to pack some trail food.
Meetup with guide and we will start to hike. Below is a rough guide on the trail:
- 0730 Arrive at Meet Point > Breakfast > Parking
- 0800 4×4 Transfer to campsite
- 0815 Arrive at campsite
- 0830 Prepare for hiking Bukit Kutu @ Lata Medang & Briefing
- 1200 Arrive at Bukit Kutu Peak @ Lata Medang & Lunch ( Free & easy )
- 1300 Descend back to campsite
- 1600 Arrive at campsite
- 1800 BBQ & Dinner
*Tents sharing basis.
- 0800 Breakfast
- 0900 Free & Easy
- 1200 Lunch
- 1500 4×4 transfer to Parking
- 1515 Closing remark
Depart to Singapore. Along the way stop over for breaks and arrive back Singapore by 11.30pm. End of the trip.
The package is inclusive of the following:-
- Transportation from Singapore – Bukit Kutu – Singapore
- Local Hiking Guides/staffs
- SGTREK Event Coordinator
- Hiking Permits
- Meals during camping (5x)
- Camping Equipment
- Lata Medang Hike (Waterfall)
- Forestry Permits
- Safety Equipment (PFD)
Package does not Inclusive of the following:
- Malaysia Visa
- All Food and Drinks for the trips
- Personal Expenses
- Sleeping bags/Blankets
Please note the following items to bring on our own :
1. Day Backpack hike (Make sure light backpack )
2. Gloves/Hiking poles
3. Waterproof bags for Rain shelter
4. Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom for hike / Swim Wear
5. Warm clothes for night
6. Raincoat or windbreaker
7. 1 pair good shoe for hiking
8. 1 sandal/slipper
9. 1 Hand torchlight or headlamp
10. Personal medication if any.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160