Climbing Mount Fuji (3776 meters), Japan’s highest and most prominent mountain, can make for lifelong memories. The mountain itself may look more attractive from afar than from closely, but the views on clear days and the experience of climbing through the early morning hours among hundreds of equally minded hikers from across the world are very rewarding.
May is one of the best times to visit Japan with warm and comfortable weather and perfect for those who would like to spend their time doing outdoor activities. While Mount Fuji remains inaccessible to the public during the winter season, it is open to visitors and hikers during the spring. Snow climbing is only available between Late April to early June. So, May, with the top of Mt. Fuji covered in snow, makes it picture-perfect time do a day climb.
Overview of the Journey
The Mt. Fuji Snow Climb will begin from the Mt. Fuji area and will take you up and down Mt. Fuji before returning you to your hotel. (Total Hike Time between 8-9hrs) Participants will begin their ascent between 6:00 and 7:00 a.m., with the goal of summit before noon to enjoy the full view from the summit of Mt. Fuji. The tour will dissolve about 3:00-4:00pm after a full day of climbing, Relax in a hot spring in the Mt. Fuji area.
This is a special winter climbing experience. If you would love snow peak this would be more ideal climbing peak for you. Do contact us if you would like to signup. We will limit the number of sign up for this trip. So do book early and reserve your slots. A deposit of $1000/Pax is needed for the booking confirmation.
- All participants for this tour need to be vaccinated.
- Advised to get travel insurance once you book the event.
- Do check you have a valid passport/Expiry date for the event.
EVENT COST: (Signup in groups of 2 and get $50/Pax off, offer valid till 31Aug2022.)
4~9 Climbers: SGD1880/Pax
10~15 Climbers: SGD1680/Pax
(*single supplement additional SGD180/Pax)
- 29April-01May2023 (*Labour Day Holiday)
When to climb?
Official Climbing Season
Early July to mid-September is the official climbing season when the trails and mountain facilities are open. During this period the mountain is usually free of snow, the weather is relatively mild
The Fujinomiya 5th Station (富士宮五合目, Fujinōmiya Gogōme) is the second most popular and second most developed of the four fifth stations on Mount Fuji. At 2400 meters above sea level, the Fujinomiya 5th Station is the highest of the fifth stations, and the Fujinomiya Trail is the shortest route up Mount Fuji. Besides the trail to the summit, Fujinomiya 5th Station offers a shorter hiking trail to Hoeizan, a nearby secondary peak with a crater on the southeastern slope of Mount Fuji.
We have customized this adventure to get the best feel of winter experience. We will be doing a one day climb up to the summit and down. One should be very fit for this adventure.
DIFFICULTY RATING: Is it difficult?
The ascent to the summit does not pose any major difficulties regarding climbing skills. Only at some points the terrain is rather steep and rocky. Abundant signs along the trail warn the hikers of other minor problems such as sudden wind gusts and falling rocks. However, the main challenge of the climb is the fact that it is very strenuous, and the air gets notably thinner as you gain altitude. Other than that, any physically fit person who is comfortable in hiking 7-8hours duration at an altitude of 3000m should be fit to join this hike. As we will be doing it in snow all should be wearing proper snow gears during the hike.
Hike Grading : Moderate https://sgtrek.com/hike-grading/
Staff Contact No.: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
Meetup Location: Haneda Airport (10am local time)
You can choose to come either one day early or on the same day of the event date with any airlines. But everyone should reach Haneda Airport latest by 9am. Our local Guides/Driver will meetup at Haneda Airport at 10am local time. Everyone should arrive at Haneda Airport.
After the trip finishes You can choose to extend your stay in Tokyo and explore other parts of the regions at you own time. Feel free to extend on your own.
DAY 1 – Arrive at Haneda Airport (Pickup and Transfer to Mt. Fuji base)
Our local guide/driver will be meeting up with the entire team at the airport. There will be a private transfer for pickup. It’s a long ride to the hotel. Check in hotel and then free and easy to explore around the area. You can chill out at the hot spring and relax the day.
– Private Bus Transfer to Mt. Fuji:
– Check into Hotel by 4pm
– Dinner at Hotel: (Climb Origination & Equipment Check)
– Enjoy Hot Spring at Leisure
If you have enough time you can explore this 2 below activities on own:
- Visit #1 Mt. Fuji Shiraito Fall (https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6368.html)
- Visit #2 Mt. Fuji world heritage centre Shizuoka (Virtual Climb of Mt. Fuji) https://mtfuji-whc.jp/en/
DAY 2 – Mount Fuji Climbing (Meetup at Lobby by 05:00am)
- Private Transfer to 5th Station – 6am~7am Station you climb
- Reach summit before 12noon – Return to 5th Station by 3-4pm
- Return to Hotel for Dinner and relaxing Hot Spring
DAY 3 – Relax at Hotel &Transfer to Haneda Airport
- Hotel Check out at 10am
- Option (Visit Mt fuji Shiraito Waterfalls)
- Airport Drop off
- Transfer to Haneda Airport (Book a late flight in the evening if you are flying same day or extend on your own.)
- End of Tour
Itinerary can be changed following the time and natural conditions during the trip. If due to heavy snowfall the event may be cancelled and alternate hike will be done on the day nearby. Subjective to weather conditions.
The 1 Day Mt. Fuji tour is extremely strenuous and requires a high fitness level. Each participant will need to be in excellent shape in order to reach the summit and be back down the mountain in 1-day. Please do not attempt to join this tour if you are not on a regular fitness routine and/or exercising frequently.
PRICE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Private Airport Pick-up and drop Off
- 2 Nights Hotel Hot Spring Accommodations (Twin Room accommodation)
- 2 Dinners and 1 Breakfast
- English Speaking Mountain Guide
- Transfer to/from Hotel to Mt. Fuji 5th Station:
- Hiking Gear Rental Option (including Hiking Poles/Boots. Wear)
- All those who reach the summit will be presented with an official “Mt. Fuji Summit Certificate” dated and verified by your guide.
- International Flights
- Visa to Japan
- Personal Expenses
- Meals other than specified in the itinerary
- Personal Medication
- Tips for Guides/Driver
- Gear Rental (Special 4-Set Rental Package: Hiking Boots/Hiking Poles/Rain Gear/Packsack: Price ¥10,000/Person + 8% Tax) Special 4-Set Rental Package (*estimated cost.. price may vary during renting, do check with us again.)
- Water/Soft drinks any other beverages.
In order to enjoy a safe hike to the summit of Mount Fuji, it is crucial to bring the proper equipment. Some of the most important things to bring are listed below:
The rocky, steep terrain in some sections and the potential of sudden, strong wind gusts are reasons to bring proper hiking shoes which protect your ankles.
Proper Clothes Bring proper protection against low temperatures and strong winds. It can be below zero at the summit, and strong winds often make it even colder. Bring rain gear, as weather conditions can change very quickly on the mountain. Gloves are recommended both against the coldness and for hiking the steep, rocky passages.
If you hike at night, a flashlight is highly recommended in any season and essential outside of the peak season when the trail is not illuminated by other hikers. Most people choose head lamps, as they leave both of your hands free.
It is important to bring enough water and food, particularly on the trails where there are few mountain huts along the way. Mountain huts offer various meals and drinks; however, note that prices increase with the altitude. Also, be prepared to carry home all your garbage as there are no public garbage bins on the mountain.
Cash is necessary to buy provisions on the mountain like water or canned oxygen and to use the toilets along the way. It is also important to carry should you need to seek emergency shelter in one of the mountain huts.
Hiking Stick (optional)
While not crucial, many hikers purchase wooden hiking sticks at the 5th Station to aid in their climb up the mountain.
*For those who do not have winter gears you can pre arrange with our local partner. Contact us for more information.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160