Standing at 2, 642 meter tall, Mount Trusmadi is the second highest mountain in Malaysia after Mount Kinabalu. The peak is located amidst the Trusmadi Forest reserve, which is bordered by three districts—Ranau up north, Tambunan in the west and Keningau down its south. Trusmadi was once upon a time a popular hunting ground amongst the locals. Today, it has been declared as a Class 1 Forest Reserve with a challenging terrain to conquer.
We would need to apply permits atleast a month before to the trip, if you would like to confirm your slots kindly contact us via WhatsApp +6592700908.
EVENT DATE: 18April-21April2019
EVENT COST: (*minimum 4pax for the trip to be confirmed,deposit $100 for confirmation)
4-8pax : SGD700/pax
9-15pax : SGD675/pax
(For MEMBERSHIP check this link: http://sgtrek.com/about-us/sgtrek-membership/)
Difficulty: (Moderately to Difficult)
Staff Contact No.: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
Event Login Form: (Ask for password once you made the payment)
Based on the below flights all should arrive at the Kota Kinabalu Airport. Meetup with our Event Coordinator.
Day 01 – Relax in the heart of Kota Kinabalu City.
Airport transfer to the Hotel in Kota Kinabalu city. Rest and Relax (Free and Easy)
(Twin Sharing Basis) – If anyone want single supplement can upgrade at additional cost.
Day 02 – KOTA KINABALU / TAMBUNAN TOWN / APIN-APIN KENINGAU / CAMP SITE
- 09:00hrs Depart from Hotel
- 10:30hrs Climber participants gathered at Tambunan town. (*Take away Lunch Pack-OwnCost)
- 11:00hrs Depart from Tambunan town to Apin-apin, Keningau.
- 12:00hrs Estimate arrived at Apin-apin Keningau.
(Register, show entrances permit and briefing from Forestry staff).
- 12:30hrs Continue journey to Starting Point (Camp Site).
- 16:00hrs Arrived at Starting Point (Camp Site).
- 18:00hrs Dinner.
(Overnight-Dinner at Apin-Apin Base Camp) – Shared Dormitory
Day 03 – CAMP SITE / SUMMIT (NULUHON TRUSMADI TAMBUNAN) / TAMBUNAN TOWN / KOTA KINABALU
- 00:30hrs Ready to Start Trekking (Warm up).
- 01:00hrs Trek up to Summit of Nuluhon Trusmadi Tambunan.
- 05:30-07:00hrs Estimate to arrive at the Summit (Breakfast).
- 08:00hrs Trek down back to Starting Point (Camp Site) and lunch.
- 14:30hrs Back to Tambunan Town by 4WD.
- 17:00hrs Arrived at Tambunan Town, depart to Kota Kinabalu.
- 19:30hrs Arrive in Kota Kinabalu.
(Breakfast / Lunch)
Day 04 – Fly Back to Home Country
Free and Easy for the day. After check out Airport transfer and Fly to Home Country.
If anyone keen on extending your trip to explore around you can explore the places around Kota Kinabalu.
- Meals as Stated,
- 03 Nights Accommodation, (2 nights hotel in city, 1night Dorm)
- Entrance Fees,
- Return Airport/Hotel Transfer,
- Return Transfer (Park HQ – Timpohon Gate – Park HQ),
- Mountain Guide,
- Climbing Insurance,
- Climbing Permit,
- Malaysia Visa,
- Porter Fee,
- Guides Tips
- Alcoholic Drinks,
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Travel Insurance (*compulsory)
Notes: Advised to take good walking shoes, raincoats, jackets, torch, insect repellent and sunscreen.
Suggested Flights : airasia
THINGS YOU SHOULD PREPARE FOR MOUNTAIN CLIMB
- Warm clothing (Temperature can be freezing at times)
- A torch light (To light your way during the pre-dawn climb and to signal for help when needed)/ A head Torch
- A rain coat (To protect you from rain and wind, and it will slow down the loss of body heat)
- A whistle (Only to be used when is needed.)
- Some energy food and water, e.g. extra chocolate, glucose, tablets, biscuits (For emergency-use when you are waiting for help to arrive)
- Leech socks
- Good trekking shoes
- Waterproof bag to store your belongings
- Jacket/ Windbreaker
- Personal Toiletries
- Gloves (For protection from cold and while holding on to ropes)
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Climbers are required to book date at least one month before climbing.
- You are not allowed to open or create any new trails and required to follow exisiting trail only.
- There is a limit of 3 climbers to one guide during each trip.
- Cutting of tree or plants whether dead or alive is strictly prohibited.
- Things to bring including rain coat, sweater, torch light, appropriate shoes for hiking and socks.
- Please bring your own extra clothes and bath items (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc…)
You also need to know:
- This trail is physically challenging. Please ensure you are relatively fit to climb this mountain.
- It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- This package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transport vehicle. Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- Departure time is approximate and varies from different hotels due to traffic conditions, please reconfirm with our staffs. Should the transport be delayed, please call the relevant telephone number as stated on the voucher before making alternative arrangements.
- SGTREK PTE. LTD. reserves the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation reserved should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Tipping is like giving a hug. Although it’s never expected, it’s always very much appreciated.
DETAILS ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATION
DAY 1&3: Hotel will be arranged in the city center on Twin Sharing Basis. If anyone want Single Supplement you can always upgrade at an additional cost. You can consult with us during the booking.
DAY 2 – The Resthouse is a non-heated dormitory consisting of 20 beds. No amenities or sleeping bags or towels are provided.
FRIENDLY NOTE FROM SABAH PARKS
It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommended that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
TERMS & CONDITIONS : https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (Watsapp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organised by :
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160