This unique annual festival will be celebrated in Jayawijaya Regency, Papua Province. The tribal war simulation will be held for two days performed by around 26 groups of 30-50 fighters.
ANCIENT TRIBE’S MOCK WAR EXPERIENCE
This is a special occasion where all various tribes from the highlands of Wamena and the Baliem Valley such as Dani, Lani and Yali gather to celebrate their annual Baliem Valley Festival. In this festival there will be many shows performed by various tribes which mostly present the simulations of war between tribes.
WAMENA TRADITIONAL VILLAGE
We will visit a traditional village in Wamena. While there we will see traditional attractions in private. Such as Traditional dance, make fire without matches, burning stone. You are free to take a picture without worry.
Event Date: 07-11Aug2023
Trip Price: SGD1250/Pax
maximum 10 person for this trip
You Should Prepare
- Toilet conditions, along the way to Festival and in the Traditional village, it’s hard to found clean toilet(sometime), we Suggest for women do not forget to always be ready Tissue in your bag.
- Throughout the festival takes place, we’ll give you the freedom to exploration the festival with free. Please keep all your luggage each and remember where the meeting point set by the organizers to meet up with your group.
Things To Do
- Drinking anti-malaria drug, at least 2 weeks before departure. Repeat every week on the same day during your trip.
- For Non-Indonesia, send a copy of your passport, passport photo (If you have) to the Organizer in advance before the day of departure. Because we need to prepare special permit for your visit in Papua.
TRAVEL ITINERARY TO BALIEM VALLEY
(07 Aug 2023) D-1
Once you arrive in jayapura, you will meet our local guide at Jayapura airport. And then we take a flight to Wamena 11.40 – 12.40 or 14.20 – 15.20.
Arrival in Wamena and check in hotel and enjoy afternoon at Wamena hill.
(08Aug 2023) D-2 WAMENA
After breakfast we visit Obia traditional village. We can see traditional activity in there such as Traditional dance, make fire without matches, burning stone and many more. After we finished, we visited the Baliem Valley Festival.
(09 Aug 2023) D-3 WAMENA
After breakfast at hotel, we go to Baliem Valley Festival.
Full Day at Baliem Valley Festival
(10 Aug 2023) D-4 WAMENA
we visit Suroba traditional village, mummy of the dani tribe in jiwika, Traditional market. And then we visit Baliem Valley Festival closing.
(11 Aug 2023) D-5 WAMENA-JAYAPURA
After breakfast and check out hotel. Drop to Wamena airport and flight to Jayapura 06.00.
- Domestic flight Jayapura-Wamena-Jayapura
- Land transportation (3-4 passenger)
- Comfortable Hotel at Wamena
- Meals during trip
- All entrance and retribution fee
- Traditional attraction at village
- Tour leader & local guide.
- Visa for Indonesia ·
- Airfare to/from Singapore to Jayapura Airport·
- Cost of photography at the village
- Excess baggage (more than 12kg)
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary·
- Tipping and personal expenses
CGK – DJJ (Jakarta – Jayapura)
Garuda | 22.05 – 08.15
DJJ – CGK (Jayapura – Jakarta)
Garuda | 12.25 – 19.10
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160