Basic Jungle Exploration is a special curated program to teach basic jungle navigation skills for beginner hikers who wish to explore the tropical forest on own and learn the basic skills of survival in the jungle and navigating through it. This program is suitable for anyone who is adventurous enough and keen on exploring the nature on their own and wanted to learn the basic skills and want to know how to get prepared before exploring the tropical forest.
- Our first program will be launched for SGTREK MEMBERS only at FREE OF COST. Event Group size is limited to 10pax with social distancing measures. We will open more event slots for public for next events onwards.
EVENT DATE : 16 March 2022
EVENT MEETUP TIME: 08:30am
EVENT END TIME: 02:00pm estimated
Duration of the program: 5-6Hours.
(* Meetup location details will be shared to the participants joining the event)
Itinerary, Course Outline and Lesson Plan
Meetup with the Event Coordinator at the Meetup Location which will be shared to the registered participants via email. Attendance and safety briefing will be done to ensure the safety of all participants and groups will be divided into subgroup based on the social distancing rules. Subgroup will not intermingle with other group members.
We will spend around 2-3 hours in this forest, learning the basic knowledge of survival followed by the actual walk applying the skills learning during the orientation.
DRAFT ON THE THINGS YOU WOULD BE LEARNING:
- Basic Orientation about the program
- Planning: Planning the route of the hike is essential part of the adventure.
- Prepared: Being well prepared before the hike, during the hike and after the hike is important.
- Hiking Safety: Before hiking/During hiking
- Gears Essentials: Pack it Right-Pack it light
- Basic Navigation Skills
- Get lost in nature
*Due to the limited resources in the forest activities will be limited.
After the orientation program we will be exploring the forest for 2-3hours and applying the things you learned during the orientation. On this adventure we will be walking off trails. There are no proper paths, so be prepared to be adventurous and explore the wilderness. At the end of the activity there will be debrief.
What to Bring:
- Clothes (Hat, long sleeved shirt, and pants/tights advisable for insect bite control, socks, covered shoes) + extra change of clothes after course. You will get wet on the muddy terrain
- Personal first aid kit
- Personal medication (it is your responsibility to take your meds)
- Money for food/drinks
- 1-2 liters of water
- Writing equipment, notebook, phone / camera for taking notes and pics.
Additional Things To Prepare:
- Before coming to the program ensure to have your breakfast prior to the meetup.
- Wear proper hiking shoes or shoes with good grip. Trails is muddy and canvas shoes are not suitable.
- You can also carry a pair of sandals, after the hike you can change to sandals.
Safety, Inclement Weather, Medical Emergencies, Evacuation
The course shall operate on a safety-first principle – Event Organizer has full discretion to stop a participant from continuing the course, or, to modify the course, or otherwise due to safety reasons. Participants shall be informed of this principle and shall abide by it.
In the event of inclement weather and if the Event Organizer deems it necessary. Worst case scenario due to bad weather we might cancel or postpone the event for safety reasons.
Safe Management Measures: Strictly to be followed by all participants who join this event.
- Participants to follow safe management measures throughout the activity
- All participants maintain at least 1m spacing. Always ensure no intermingling between different sub-groups.
- Requiring every participant and staff to wear a mask during the tour, except where allowed under the Control Order (e.g. where eating, drinking, or taking medication, etc.).
- For tours with conveyance, requiring participants keep to the same seats through the journey, including between destinations, and to board and disembark from the conveyance in an orderly manner that minimizes physical interaction.
- Participants to retain the Trace Together app on their mobile phones to support contact tracing efforts even after the tour.
- Adopt good hygiene practices, for example, frequent sanitizing of hands
- If you feel unwell do not join the event day. Kindly take care of your health.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160