The Chadar is a lifeline to Zanskari people from the rest of the world, the Chadar is the pride and prestige of the Zanskari which connects them from different cultural and traditional background people to exchange the life saving techniques during harsh winter climate which goes up to -40 C. Chadar is mostly walking on ice sheets formed from the flowing water river of Zanskar, which connects them from the outside world and in fact the Ladakh region and its people. Zanskari people praise the Chadar trail rather than complaining to Almighty for remaining isolated from the rest of the countries, because it gives them an opportunity to spend most of their time with the family and friends, cheering Local butter tea and playing local games during winter. The Chadar also gives them an opportunity in income generation and livelihood, the Zansakri feel proud in leading the trekkers for Chadar, which also makes them the finest guides in exploring and experimenting with new and challenging routes. The Zanskari will tell you the mountain ghost stories and the deities which protects the Zanskari from failing during the winter harsh climate.
“SPIRIT OF KEEP GOING”, it is well said “FAILING IS NOT A CRIME BUT LACK OF EFFORT IS”.
EVENT DURATION: 9D8N
EVENT DATE: 06Jan-14Jan2020
EVENT COSTING: SGD875/Pax (*international group)
(For MEMBERSHIP check this link: https://sgtrek.com/signup )
Staff Contact No.: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
EVENT FORM: Do ask for the password after the payment is done
- Day 1: Arrival at Leh – 06th Jan. 2020
- Day 2: Acclimatization Day– 07th Jan. 2020
- Day 3: Getting a medical check-up at SNM Hospital – 08th Jan. 2020
- Day 4: Drive from Leh to Base Camp – 09th Jan. 2020
- Day 5: Trek Tsomo Paldar to Tibb (15kms / 7-8 hrs.) – 10th Jan. 2020
- Day 6: Trek Tibb to Naerak Camp (13kms/ 6-7 hrs.) – 11th Jan. 2020
- Day 7: Trek Naerak to Tibb (13kms / 5-6 hrs.) – 12th Jan. 2020
- Day 8: Tibb to Shingra Koma & Back to Leh (9kms Trek 5-6kms/ 75kms drive, 4-5 hrs.) – 13th Jan. 2020
- Day 9: Departure from Leh – 14th Jan. 2020
For Flight suggestions kindly contact us +65 92700908.
Day 1: Arrival at Leh – 06th Jan. 2020
Leh is the second largest district in the country, situated at an altitude of more than 3500 meters above sea level. During winters, as most passes connecting to Leh are closed, you will be flown to the highest airport in the world, Leh airport.
As soon you touch the ground, you will be feeling dry and cold air, but what will take all your attention is the haughty, snow-capped mountains around you; a sight to be remembered forever. After completing the arrival formalities, we will take a taxi and leave for the pre-arranged hotel. Enjoy an overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 2: Acclimatization Day– 07th Jan. 2020
As per the regulations and keeping in mind the health problems that trekkers might face (AMS), anyone doing the Chadar Trek should be at least spend two days in Leh for the body to get fully acclimatized to the weather conditions. It is unalterable and it is essential and is to be strictly followed by every trekker. Trekkers can spend the day by visiting the places around the city.
Day 3: Getting a medical check-up at SNM Hospital – 08th Jan. 2020
Due to the perplexing nature of this specific trek, it is mandatory according to the government, for participants to obtain medical certification before undertaking Chadar trek. A clearance certificate will be issued after a medical check-up only when satisfactorily fit and acclimatized for the trek.
Day 4: Drive from Leh to Base Camp – 09th Jan. 2020
Drive from Leh to Shingra Koma and trek to Tsomo Paldar (Drive 65kms, 4-5hrs/ 3kms trek 2 hrs.)
After enjoying morning tea and breakfast, we start our journey by driving to Shingra Koma. This ride is not for the faint-hearted as rough roads and hairpin bends are quite common on this route. The sight of the surrounding high mountains will give you a sense of awe. After a while, you will have to deboard from the vehicle and trek towards Somo Paldar campsite. Your Chadar trek expedition will start from here.
Day 5: Trek Tsomo Paldar to Tibb (15kms / 7-8 hrs.) – 10th Jan. 2020
After spending a cold night in the tent, have a wholesome breakfast and a hot cup of tea that will reactivate your senses in the morning in such subzero conditions. As you start trekking towards Tibb cave which is our next campsite. This trek route has some of the most attention-grabbing frozen waterfalls that one can encounter. Lunch will be served midway to Tibb cave. After walking for a couple of hours you’ll reach your campsite, you will be camping near the Tibb cave which is encircled by dry sand.
Day 6: Trek Tibb to Naerak Camp (13kms/ 6-7 hrs.) – 11th Jan. 2020
As you move towards Nerak, the most anticipated campsite of the trek. Today, the route is almost 13km that takes you to the most iconic landmark of the Chadar trek i.e. the frozen waterfall. Hot lunch will be served on your way to the campsite. Considerably, Nerak will be the coldest campsite on the trek where the temperature goes down to -30 degrees during the night. Trekkers are advised to wear proper layers to stay safe from the freezing cold. If we can reach the waterfall on time, there are chances we might visit Nerak Village as well. Camps will be set at a distance of 15-20 minutes from the waterfall. Back from Nerak.
There are many stories that trekkers might have heard stories of how unpredictable the weather patterns can get on the Chadar trek. There are times where you might find that the formation of Chadar no longer exists and at some places a new layer of Chadar is formed. Even though the route remains unchanged, it’s amazing to see how different it appears while we return.
Day 7: Trek Naerak to Tibb (13kms / 5-6 hrs.) – 12th Jan. 2020
Today, we start our return trip walk back to Tibb. The route of the return would not be easy as the river can rapidly react to any change in the temperature. By this time the icy river might have taken a completely new form. On our way back, we can admire the beauty of the valley and click pictures.
Day 8: Tibb to Shingra Koma & Back to Leh (9kms Trek 5-6kms/ 75kms drive, 4-5 hrs.) – 13th Jan. 2020
After having a hot breakfast, we get ready to leave Tibb and move towards Shingra Koma, crossing Gyalpo. En route you will a chance to see high mountains and observe pugmarks of wild animals like snow leopards, ibex and foxes. If you are lucky enough, you just might spot a leopard; and in any case you do not, then at least be sure, you would be watched by them. In the evening, drive back to Leh and stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 9: Departure from Leh – 14th Jan. 2020
Check out and depart to Leh KBR Airport, Fly home with smile and memories, back to home. As you have accomplished the challenging trek, you will feel pride and it will be a cherished memory of your life. You have learnt the techniques and skill to survive in harsh extreme weather condition and also have witnessed the hard life the ZANSKARI people are facing, the respect and encouragement for the Zanskari people bravely fighting the odds, surviving and defeating and accepting the will definitely teach you a lifetime lesson to remember.
Cost Includes: –
- Accommodation in Guest house/ Hotel in Leh on the 01st -2nd -3rd Day and the last day and rest camping in Dome Tents during the treks according to the itinerary.
- Veg Meal during the trek.
- Well experienced and qualified local trek leader, guide and the support staff.
- First aid kit plus oxygen cylinder.
- Transport from Hotel/ Guest house to trekking point and return.
Cost Excludes: –
- Airport picks and drops.
- Leh Permit – Medical cost.
- Personal expenses.
- Travel insurance.
- Food During Leh Stay
- Porters to carry personal luggage.
- Tips, Local Sight Seeing and anything which is not specifically mentioned in the cost inclusions.
Note: It is expected to carry your personal luggage on your own during the trek as you are challenging yourself against the odds, but in some cases if someone fell tired, the porters can carry your extra personal luggage for a fee of Approx. INR 800 per bag per day (Limit 12Kg/bag). You can let us know early we can decide.
Please Note Its Important:
- If you don’t want to continue Chadar Trails once you arrived in leh – or you are not physically well and wanted to Stay in Hotel – Rs.2,000/- (3 sharing basis) Extra – (Without Food)
- During Chadar Trail Trekking Days (4th to 8th day as per scheduled) – if you wish to come back to Leh Hotel – Remember Car Charges – Hotel Charges Extra as actuals
Note: due to natural calamities or poor ice layer formation on the Zanskar River for the Chadar, no refund will be made, but We will try our best to could organize a substitute tour in Leh around only.
Medical fitness certificate: * If the local doctor reject’s your medical certificate you will not be allowed to hike for safety reasons. Do take note on this. There shall be no refunds for the trip, full amount will be forfeited. Also do take note we do not there will be no replacement trek, or any sightseeing trip will be organized. Client should bear all the expenses.
How to make this Chadar a memorable one?
SGTREK Pte. Ltd. always aim for responsible and sustainable tourism, and as a team we also believe your participation and cooperation in achieving our goal, since you will be trekking in an eco-friendly zone with varieties of flora and fauna, make sure that you do not litter this environment which are home for many endangered species and also make sure to bring back the waste produced during the trek for proper disposal. Educate yourself about the environment, ecology, customs and traditions of Ladakh.
- Minimize your carbon footprint by avoiding and not using plastics of any kind.
- Keep all pollutants away from the river, streams and other water sources.
- Do not urinate or defecate near water sources or camping ground.
- Ladakh is rich in monasteries, other religious and historical sites, keeping in view the sanctity, abide by the guidelines and follow the instruction set by the local authorities.
- Do not interfere, interrupt or disturb the locals you encounter during the trek, respect the privacy of the host; always seek permission before taking their pictures.
- Do not carry any sort of drugs or alcohol, refrain from these activities.
- Take happy memories and leave nothing but your footprints.
Note: abide and follow the instructions given by the trek leader/guide in order to make this trek a lifetime memorable.
Equipment’s we provide:
- Dome shaped tents.
- Thick mattress.
- Sleeping Bag
- Dinning tent.
- Toilet tent
- Kitchen tent.
- Ice axe.
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen cylinder.
- Professional trek leader.
- Professional local route guide.
- Professional local cook.
- Professional local Porters and staff.
Participants/trekkers to carry things:
- Personal bag/belonging, waterproof backpack with a capacity of 70ltr.
- Personal sleeping bag Inner
- Water bottle.
- Walking stick/trekking pole.
- Head torch with spare batteries.
- Trekking/hiking shoes.
- Minimum 2-3 pair waterproof trek pants.
- Woolen thermal inner vest and lower.
- Woolen 6-7 pair socks.
- A woolen and a waterproof glove.
- Woolen monkey cap.
- Woolen Mufflers.
- Waterproof/windcheater jacket.
- Woolen full sleeve sweaters.
- Woolen socks.
- Trekking socks.
- U/V protected sun glass.
- Sunscreen lotion SPF40+.
- Cold cream and body lotion.
- Water purifying tablets.
- Toiletries (Towel, Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, hand wash soaps, toothpaste etc.).
- Hot water bottle.
- Dry fruits and chocolate bars/ energy bars.
- Medicines: Like, Avomine, Avil 25mg, Betadine, Band aid, Cotton, Crepe bandage 2 roll, Crocin, Combiflam, Diamox, Disprin, Digene, Norflox, Gauze cloth, Leukoplast, Oral dehydration Salts like Electral/Enerzal, Pain relieving spray like Volini/Moov.
- ID proof like passport, voter’s card, Adhar card, driving license etc. / Medical fitness certificate.
- Self-declaration / Indemnity certificate /Passport size photos 04 nos.
- Any Medical Emergency or Accident – Please note: Its complete your responsibility and Expenses
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160