The Chadar is a lifeline to Zanskari people from the rest of the world, the Chadar is the pride and prestige of the Zanskari which connects them from different cultural and traditional background people to exchange the life saving techniques during harsh winter climate which goes up to -40 C. Chadar is mostly walking on ice sheets formed from the flowing water river of Zanskar, which connects them from the outside world and in fact the Ladakh region and its people. Zanskari people praise the Chadar trail rather than complaining to Almighty for remaining isolated from the rest of the countries, because it gives them an opportunity to spend most of their time with the family and friends, cheering Local butter tea and playing local games during winter. The Chadar also gives them an opportunity in income generation and livelihood, the Zansakri feel proud in leading the trekkers for Chadar, which also makes them the finest guides in exploring and experimenting with new and challenging routes. The Zanskari will tell you the mountain ghost stories and the deities which protects the Zanskari from failing during the winter harsh climate.
“SPIRIT OF KEEP GOING”, it is well said “FAILING IS NOT A CRIME BUT LACK OF EFFORT IS”.
EVENT DURATION: 10D9N
EVENT DATE: 04Jan-13Jan2022
EVENT COSTING: SGD1150/Pax (*international group)
Do contact VIJAY +6592700908(WHATSAPP) or Email : email@example.com
VACCINATION AND COVID19 REGULATIONS
- All participants need to be vaccinated to join this event.
- Pre and Post covid19 test need to be paid by clients
- Get Covid19 Travel Insurance coverage to protect yourself / Travel Insurance also needed which covers mountaineering above 4000m.
- Day 1: Arrival at Leh
- Day 2: Acclimatization Day
- Day 3: Getting a medical check-up at SNM Hospital
- Day 4: Trek from Shingra Koma to Tsomo Paldar
- Day 5: Trek Tsomo Paldar to Tibb (15kms / 7-8 hrs)
- Day 6: Trek Tibb to Naerak Camp (13kms/ 6-7 hrs.)
- Day 7: Trek Naerak to Tibb (13kms / 5-6 hrs.)
- Day 8: Tibb to Shingra Koma & Back to Leh
- Day 9: Free and Easy – Leh
- Day 10: Departure from Leh
For Flight suggestions kindly contact us via WhatsApp +65 92700908.
Day 1: Arrival to Leh
Enjoy an overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 2: Acclimatization Day
Day 3: Medical check-up at SNM Hospital
Day 4: Trek from Shingra Koma to Tsomo Paldar
After enjoying morning tea and breakfast, will take a drive to Shingra Koma. The drive takes along the Indus River where the confluence of Indus and Zanskar River meets at Nimoo village. This ride is definitely not for the faint-hearted as rough roads and hairpin bends are quite common on this route. The sight of the surrounding high mountains will give you a sense of awe. After a while, you will have to deboard from the vehicle and trek towards Somo Paldar campsite. Your Chadar trek expedition will start from here.
While reaching the camp our experienced staff will provide you the basic information to survive in the harsh cold climate.
Enjoy the huge peaks all around you with hot cup of coffee/herbal tea. To get you warm take a little short hike into the mountains and capture the overwhelming look of the frozen river. The temperature drops down in the night. Take your dinner and go for sleep in the tent.
Day 5 – Trek Tsomo Paldar to Tibb (15kms / 7-8 hrs)
Day 6 – Trek Tibb to Nerak (13kms/ 6-7 hrs)
Along the valley may notice few caves in mountains, used by Zanskari folks since centuries as their shelters in midway. Will enjoy stunning view of the valley & the ice trail. Final spot at frozen waterfall, cherish the moment, play around & do lots of clicking pics.
Lots of stories about unpredictable weather & formation of Chadar in air. Probably one may experience this, might find new layers at some places or nonexistence of earlier ice formation along the route while coming back from the same route. A stunning experience of winter in Himalayas.
Day 7- Trek Naerak to Tibb (13kms / 5-6 hrs)
Day 8 – Tibb to Shingra Koma & Back to Leh (9kms Trek 5-6kms/ 75kms drive, 4-5 hrs)
Get the glimpse of valley, frozen river & high mountains once, you may find pugmarks of wild animals like ibex or snow leopard en route. By evening will be drive back to Leh.
Day 9 – Free and Easy -Leh
Day 10- Departure from Leh
Pack your thing & get ready to fly back home. Check out and depart to Leh KBR Airport.
Cost Includes: –
1. Accommodation in Guest house/ Hotel in Leh on the 1st to 3rd Day and the last 2 days and rest camping in Dome Tents during the treks according to the itinerary (Twin/ Triple/ Quadruple sharing as per availability)
2. All Meals during the trek (only Veg).
3. Well experienced and qualified local Guide/Trek leader and the support staff.
4. First aid kit plus oxygen cylinder.
Cost Excludes: –
01. Airport pickup and drop.
02. Any kind of Personal expenses viz. packaged water bottles, Soft drinks, Laundry, etc.
03. Meals during stay at Leh
04. Travel insurance.
05. Porters to carry personal luggage.
06. Tips, Local Sightseeing and anything which is not specifically mentioned in the cost inclusions.
07. Any additional Expenses/ cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay caused by reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Land Slides, Floods etc.), any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, evacuation costs, flight cancellation, etc.
08. Participants who returns in the middle of trek for any kind of reason whatsoever once we leave for same from Leh, shall bear all the cost including transportation back to Leh, stay at Leh, food etc.
09. Any kind of refund for unutilized tour plan services.
10. Any other tax or service charge, stay charge that could be enforced during this period will be extra and need to be borne by Participants.
11. Any service not specifically mentioned in the Includes sections.
12. International / Domestic Flights
13. Covid19 Pre/Post Test
14. Covid19 Travel Insurance
Note: It is expected to carry your personal luggage on your own during the trek as you are challenging yourself against the odds, but in some cases if someone fell tired, the porters can carry your extra personal luggage for a fee of Approx. INR 800 per bag per day (Limit 12Kg/bag). You can let us know early we can make arrangements.
Please Note Its Important:
- If you don’t want to continue Chadar Trails once you arrived in leh – or you are not physically well and wanted to Stay in Hotel – (*Accommodation/Food cost should be paid by the clients)
- During Chadar Trail Trekking Days (4th to 8th day as per scheduled) – if you wish to come back to Leh Hotel – Remember Car Charges – Hotel Charges Extra as actuals
Note: due to natural calamities or poor ice layer formation on the Zanskar River for the Chadar, no refund will be made, but We will try our best to could organize a substitute tour in Leh around only.
Medical fitness certificate: * If the local doctor reject’s your medical certificate you will not be allowed to hike for safety reasons. Do take note on this. There shall be no refunds for the trip, full amount will be forfeited. Also do take note we do not there will be no replacement trek, or any sightseeing trip will be organized. Client should bear all the expenses.
How to make this Chadar a memorable one?
SGTREK Pte. Ltd. always aim for responsible and sustainable tourism, and as a team we also believe your participation and cooperation in achieving our goal, since you will be trekking in an eco-friendly zone with varieties of flora and fauna, make sure that you do not litter this environment which are home for many endangered species and also make sure to bring back the waste produced during the trek for proper disposal. Educate yourself about the environment, ecology, customs and traditions of Ladakh.
- Minimize your carbon footprint by avoiding and not using plastics of any kind.
- Keep all pollutants away from the river, streams and other water sources.
- Do not urinate or defecate near water sources or camping ground.
- Ladakh is rich in monasteries, other religious and historical sites, keeping in view the sanctity, abide by the guidelines and follow the instruction set by the local authorities.
- Do not interfere, interrupt or disturb the locals you encounter during the trek, respect the privacy of the host; always seek permission before taking their pictures.
- Do not carry any sort of drugs or alcohol, refrain from these activities.
- Take happy memories and leave nothing but your footprints.
Note: abide and follow the instructions given by the trek leader/guide in order to make this trek a lifetime memorable.
Equipment’s we provide:
- Dome shaped tents.
- Thick mattress.
- Sleeping Bag
- Dinning tent.
- Toilet tent
- Kitchen tent.
- Ice axe.
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen cylinder.
- Professional trek leader.
- Professional local route guide.
- Professional local cook.
- Professional local Porters and staff.
Participants/trekkers to carry things:
- Personal bag/belonging, waterproof backpack with a capacity of 70ltr.
- Personal sleeping bag Inner
- Water bottle.
- Walking stick/trekking pole.
- Head torch with spare batteries.
- Trekking/hiking shoes.
- Minimum 2-3 pair waterproof trek pants.
- Woolen thermal inner vest and lower.
- Woolen 6-7 pair socks.
- A woolen and a waterproof glove.
- Woolen monkey cap.
- Woolen Mufflers.
- Waterproof/windcheater jacket.
- Woolen full sleeve sweaters.
- Woolen socks.
- Trekking socks.
- U/V protected sun glass.
- Sunscreen lotion SPF40+.
- Cold cream and body lotion.
- Water purifying tablets.
- Toiletries (Towel, Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, hand wash soaps, toothpaste etc.).
- Hot water bottle.
- Dry fruits and chocolate bars/ energy bars.
- Medicines: Like, Avomine, Avil 25mg, Betadine, Band aid, Cotton, Crepe bandage 2 roll, Crocin, Combiflam, Diamox, Disprin, Digene, Norflox, Gauze cloth, Leukoplast, Oral dehydration Salts like Electral/Enerzal, Pain relieving spray like Volini/Moov.
- ID proof like passport, voter’s card, Adhar card, driving license etc. / Medical fitness certificate.
- Self-declaration / Indemnity certificate /Passport size photos 04 nos.
- Any Medical Emergency or Accident – Please note: Its complete your responsibility and Expenses
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160