Opened in 1965, the Jurong Railway ran for 19km from Bukit Timah railway station to Shipyard Road, near present day Jurong Island. The main line stretches 14km, while three other branch lines extended the railway line to other parts of Jurong. Let’s explore the Old Jurong Railway Line on this adventure hike that takes you back to the history of the abandoned Jurong Railway Line.
Dover Forest, a 33ha site within Ulu Pandan that has been zoned for residential development, is the subject of a 2017 environmental baseline study conducted by the Housing and Development Board (HDB). The HDB environmental study found that Dover Forest is home to at least 158 species of animals – including critically endangered ones – and 120 plant species.
On this adventure we will be walking off trails. There are no proper paths, so be prepared to be adventurous and explore the wilderness of Dover Forest with its rich nature.
Do take note that this is a challenging walk across the stretch of 8km= distance exploring through muddy terrain with slopes. Prepare yourself to get dirty and muddy on this adventure. Let’s explore and have fun on this adventure. From King Albert we will walk to the clementi forest entrance near Ngee Ann Poly, then enter the forest and explore till Maju Camp tunnel. We will end the trail at Sunset Way. Upon reaching the sunset way we will have a short break for coffee and then proceed with out next trail to Dover Forest. We will explore Dover Forest and end t Ghim Moh Link. End you lunch at Ghim Moh Market.
- 02 Feb 2022
- 09 Feb 2022
- 16 Feb 2022
- 23 Feb 2022
- EVENT START TIME: 07:30am
- EVENT END TIME: 12:30pm (estimated)
- Distance : est. 8km+
- Maintain social distancing while on the walk.
MEETUP LOCATION: King Albert’s Park MRT Exit A.
ENDING LOCATION: GHIM MOH LINK
FREE for SGTREK MEMBERS
$40/Pax (Non Members)
Become a SGTREK Member and enjoy the benefits. Read here for Membership benefits: https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-membership/
The following are things you will need:
- A bottle of water 1liter
- Poncho or Raincoat
- Some light snacks
- Trekking shoes / Gloves / Kampong Adidas shoes (will get dirty and muddy)
- Waterproof daypack
- Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom (*Bring extra clothes to change)
- Personal medication if any
- Sun protection, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Mosquito Repellent
Safe Management Measures: Strictly to be followed by all participants who join this event.
- Participants to follow safe management measures throughout the activity
- All participants maintain at least 1m spacing. Always ensure no intermingling between different sub-groups.
- Requiring every participant and staff to wear a mask during the tour, except where allowed under the Control Order (e.g. where eating, drinking, or taking medication, etc.).
- For tours with conveyance, requiring participants keep to the same seats through the journey, including between destinations, and to board and disembark from the conveyance in an orderly manner that minimizes physical interaction.
- Participants to retain the Trace Together app on their mobile phones to support contact tracing efforts even after the tour.
- Adopt good hygiene practices, for example, frequent sanitizing of hands
- If you feel unwell do not join the event day. Kindly take care of your health.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160