Opened in 1965, the Jurong Railway ran for 19km from Bukit Timah railway station to Shipyard Road, near present day Jurong Island. The main line stretches 14km, while three other branch lines extended the railway line to other parts of Jurong. Let’s explore the Old Jurong Railway Line on this adventure hike that takes you back to the history of the abandoned Jurong Railway Line.
This hike is not suitable for beginners. Do take note that this is a challenging walk across the stretch of 5km distance exploring through muddy terrain with slopes. Prepare yourself to get dirty and muddy on this adventure. Let’s explore and have fun on this adventure.
- 12 Oct 2021
- 19 Oct 2021
- 26 Oct 2021
- EVENT START TIME: 08:30am
- EVENT END TIME: 11:00am (estimated)
- Distance : est. 4-5km
- Maintain social distancing while on the walk.
MEETUP LOCATION: King Albert’s Park MRT Exit A.
EVENT COST: $20/Pax
The following are things you will need:
- A bottle of water 1liter
- Poncho or Raincoat
- Some light snacks
- Trekking shoes / Gloves / Kampong Adidas shoes (will get dirty and muddy)
- Water Proof daypack
- Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom (*Bring extra clothes to change)
- Personal medication if any
- Sun protection, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
Safe Management Measures: Strictly to be followed by all participants who join this event.
- Participants to follow safe management measures throughout the activity
- All participants maintain at least 1m spacing. Always ensure no intermingling between different sub-groups.
- Requiring every participant and staff to wear a mask during the tour, except where allowed under the Control Order (e.g. where eating, drinking, or taking medication, etc.).
- For tours with conveyance, requiring participants keep to the same seats through the journey, including between destinations, and to board and disembark from the conveyance in an orderly manner that minimizes physical interaction.
- Participants to retain the Trace Together app on their mobile phones to support contact tracing efforts even after the tour.
- Adopt good hygiene practices, for example, frequent sanitizing of hands
- If you feel unwell do not join the event day. Kindly take care of your health.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160