The Seven Summits are the highest mountains of each of the seven continents. Summiting all of them is regarded as a mountaineering challenge, first achieved on 30 April 1985 by Richard Bass.The Seven Summits, from highest to lowest, are:
- Asia:Mount Everest 29,035 feet (8850 meters)
- South America:Aconcagua 22,829 feet (6962 meters)
- North America:Denali AKA Mount McKinley 20,320 feet (6194 meters)
- Africa:Kilimanjaro 19,340 feet (5895 meters)
- Europe:Mount Elbrus 18,510 feet (5642 meters)
- Antarctica:Mount Vinson 16,067 feet (4897 meters)
- Australasia/Oceania:Carstensz Pyramid 16,023 feet (4884 meters)
Mount Kilimanjaro, with its three volcanic cones, “Kibo”, “Mawenzi”, and “Shira”, is a dormant volcano in Tanzania. It is the highest mountain in Africa, and rises approximately 4,900 m from its base to 5,895 metres above sea level. It is one of the Seven Summits in the world.
EXPEDITION COST: SGD4325/Pax (Machame Route)
- *Group of 2Pax and above
- *(Single Supplement Additional Costing)
- Signup in group of 2pax and above before 31Dec2023 and get $100/Pax discount.
We also can customize the dates based on your dates.
Do contact VIJAY +6592700908(WHATSAPP) or Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENT DURATION: 9D8N
- 10 Feb – 18 Feb 2024
- 23 Mar – 31 Mar 2024
- 06 Apr – 14 Apr 2024
- 27 Apr – 05 May 2024
- 18 May – 26 May 2024
- 15 Jun – 23 Jun 2024
- 13 Jul – 21 Jul 2024
- 03 Aug – 11 Aug 2024
- 21 Sep – 29 Sep 2024
- 26 Oct – 03 Nov 2024
- 16 Nov – 24 Nov 2024
- 21 Dec – 29 Dec 2024
(For MEMBERSHIP check this link: https://sgtrek.com/signup)
We also have trip for other routes in Kilimanjaro, we can arrange based on your dates.
Kili Prices – 2024 (Group of 2Pax and above)
|Marangu 8D||Rongai 8D||Rongai/ Lemosho 9D|
TRIP OVERVIEW: Machame Route Highlights
Known as the “Whiskey” route, Machame is a popular route to the mountain. Highly recommended for scenic value, with medium success rate. Great for acclimatization with lots of walk high, sleep low opportunities. Challenging trek with stunning scenery through 5 diverse climatic zones. Very popular trail, therefore can be busy. Fully catered camping only
- Day 01: Flight from Singapore to Kilimanjaro Airport and coach to Hotel – Group transfer
- Day 02: Machame Gate (1834 m) to Machame Camp (3000 m).
- Day 03: Machame camp (3000 m) to Shira camp (3847 m).
- Day 04: Shira Camp (3847 m) to Lava Tower (4630 m) to Barranco Camp (3950 m)
- Day 05: Barranco Camp (3950 m) to Karanga Camp (3995 m)
- Day 06: Karanga Camp (3995 m) to Barafu Camp (4600 m)
- Day 07: Barafu Camp (4600 m) to the Summit (5896 m) and back to Barafu Camp
- Day 08: Mweka Camp (3100 m) to Mweka Gate (1641 m)
- Day 09: Group transfer to airport and Depart from Tanzania to Home Country
Elevation: 5,895 m
First ascent: 1889
Prominence: 5,885 m
Mountain range: Eastern Rift mountains
First ascenders: Ludwig Purtscheller, Hans Meyer
Route Description – with 7 days climb, more time for acclimatization
The Machame route is also called the “Whiskey Route” the most popular climbing route up Kilimanjaro. The Machame route is not technically difficult. It is more strenuous with long walks on daily basis. The trail is often steeper and it involves many ups and downs, crossing a lot of valleys and ridges.
image courtesy of Mt. Kilimanjaro, The Machame Route by Chiu-Ki Chan
Barranco Wall is one of the steepest climb in the route which needs an hour and a half with some rock climbing skills. If you are adventurous enough you would definitely love this section. Scenery along the trail everyday is very beautiful specially, the lava tower, shira plateau and the barrano wall. Machame is considered the most scenic Kilimanjaro climbing route
Day 01 : Arrive Tanzania Airport
Contact us for flight details. Once you arrive at the same time in TANZANIA AIRPORT our Local representative will pick up the group.
You will be met at the Kilimanjaro Airport and will be driven to Arusha for an overnight at Ilboru safari lodge.
Overnight: Green Mountain Hotel (BB) or similar
Please ensure that your kit is ready for tomorrow morning departure. our staff will check all gears and advice you if you need any gears for rental.
Day 02: Machame Gate (1834 m) to Machame Camp (3000 m).
- Elevation (ft): 5,400ft to 9,400ft
- Distance: 11 km
- Hiking Time: 5-7 hours
- Habitat: Rain Forest
The drive from Moshi to the Mount Kilimanjaro National Park Gate takes about 50 minutes. The journey passes through the village of Machame which is located on the lower slopes of the mountain.
We now leave the park gate and walk through the rain forest on a winding trail up a ridge. Lower down, the trail can be muddy and slippery. Gaiters and trekking poles are a good idea here. We continue a short distance until we reach the Machame Camp.
Day 03: Machame camp (3000 m) to Shira camp (3847 m).
- Elevation (ft): 9,400ft to 12,500ft
- Distance: 5 km
- Hiking Time: 4-6 hours
- Habitat: Moorland
After breakfast, we leave the glades of the rain forest and continue on an ascending path, crossing the little valley walking along a steep rocky ridge, covered with heather, until the ridge ends. The route now turns west onto a river gorge. Time for rest, dinner, and overnight at the Shira campsite.
Day 04: Shira Camp (3847 m) to Lava Tower (4630 m) to Barranco Camp (3950 m)
- Elevation (ft): 12,500ft to 13,000ft
- Distance: 10 km
- Hiking Time: 6-8 hours
- Habitat: Semi Desert
From the Shira Plateau, we continue to the east up a ridge, passing the junction towards the peak of Kibo. As we continue, our direction changes to the South East towards the Lava Tower, called the “Shark’s Tooth.” Shortly after the tower, we come to the second junction which brings us up to the Arrow Glacier at an altitude of 16,000ft. We now continue down to the Barranco Hut at an altitude of 13,000ft. Here we rest, enjoy dinner, and overnight. Although you end the day at the same elevation as when you started, this day is very important for acclimatization and will help your body prepare for summit day.
Day 05: Barranco Camp (3950 m) to Karanga Camp (3995 m)
- Elevation (ft): 13,000ft to 13,100ft
- Distance: 5 km
- Hiking Time: 4-5 hours
- Habitat: Alpine Desert
After breakfast, we leave Barranco and continue on a steep ridge passing the Barranco Wall, to the Karanga Valley campsite. This is a short day meant for acclimatization.
Day 06: Karanga Camp (3995 m) to Barafu Camp (4600 m)
- Elevation (ft): 13,100ft to 15,300ft
- Distance: 4 km
- Hiking Time: 4-5 hours
- Habitat: Alpine Desert
After breakfast, we leave Karanga and hit the junction which connects with the Mweka Trail. We continue up to the Barafu Hut. At this point, you have completed the South Circuit, which offers views of the summit from many different angles. Here we make camp, rest, enjoy dinner, and prepare for the summit day. The two peaks of Mawenzi and Kibo are to be seen from this position.
Day 07: Barafu Camp (4600 m) to the Summit (5896 m) and back to Barafu Camp
- Elevation (ft): 15,300ft to 19,345ft (and down to 10,000ft)
- Distance: 5 km ascent / 12 km descent
- Hiking Time: 7-8 hours ascent / 4-6 hours descent
- Habitat: Arctic
Very early in the morning (midnight to 2am), we continue our way to the summit between the Rebmann and Ratzel glaciers. You head in a northwesterly direction and ascend through heavy scree towards Stella Point on the crater rim. This is the most mentally and physically challenging portion of the trek.
At Stella Point (18,600 ft), you will stop for a short rest and will be rewarded with the most magnificent sunrise you are ever likely to see (weather permitting). From Stella Point, you may encounter snow all they way on your 1-hour ascent to the summit. At Uhuru Peak, you have reached the highest point on Mount Kilimanjaro and the continent of Africa. Faster hikers will see the sunrise from the summit.
From the summit, we now make our descent continuing straight down to the Mweka Hut camp site, stopping at Barafu for lunch. You will want gaiters and trekking poles for the loose gravel going down. Mweka Camp is situated in the upper forest and mist or rain can be expected in the late afternoon. Later in the evening, we enjoy our last dinner on the mountain and a well-earned sleep.
Distances on summit day
Barafu to Stella Point 3.3km
Stella Point to Summit 1.2km
Summit to Barafu 4.5km
Barafu to Mweka Camp 6.3km
Day 08: Mweka Camp (3100 m) to Mweka Gate (1641 m)
- Elevation (ft): 10,000ft to 5,400ft
- Distance: 10 km
- Hiking Time: 3-4 hours
- Habitat: Rain Forest
After breakfast, we continue the descent down to the Mweka Park Gate to receive your summit certificates. At lower elevations, it can be wet and muddy. Gaiters and trekking poles will help. Shorts and t-shirts will probably be plenty to wear (keep rain gear and warmer clothing handy).
From the gate, you continue another hour to Mweka Village. A vehicle will meet you at Mweka village to drive you back to Arusha.
TIPS & Gratitude for Guides and Porters
This is a “compulsory tradition” on every Kilimanjaro climb. We recommend giving a tip of between US $ 250 to US $ 350 per climber to the mountain crew at the end of the climb. The exact tipping amount depends on group size and how many days were spend on the mountain. We recommend giving the tip to the main guide who will then distribute the tip among the mountain crew. We recommend not paying any tips until you and all your gear have descended from the mountain.
The average recommended tip per group per day:
• Chief guide – US $ 20 per chief guide per day from the group
• Assistant Guide – US $ 12 per assistant guide per day from the group
• Cook – US $ 8 per cook per day from the group
• Porters – US $ 6 per porter per day from the group
Tipping on Kilimanjaro – the breakdown looks like this.
1 climber – 1 guide / 2-3 porters / 1 cook
2 climbers – 1 guide / 5-6 porters / 1 cook / 1 assistant guide
3 climbers – 2 guides / 8-9 porters / 2 cook / 1 assistant guide
4 climbers – 2 guides / 11-12 porters / 2 cook / 2 assistant guides
5 climbers – 3 guides / 14-15 porters / 2-3 cook / 2-3 assistant guides
6 climbers – 3-4 guides / 17-18 porters / 2-3 cook / 2-3 assistant guides.
Day 09: Depart from Tanzania to Singapore
Time to Say Good Bye from an adventure Dream Trip. End of Trip.
- Kilimanjaro National Park entrance, camping/hut and rescue fees
- 2 nights in Arusha (1night before/1night after the trek)
- Professional trained guide and porters carrying a max 15kgs
- Porter’s salaries.
- Expedition tents (2Pax Sharing basis).
- Mountaineering mattress
- Mess tent
- All the food on the Mountain
- Return transfer Arusha/Moshi hotel to Park Gate
- International airfare / Costs of visas / Excess baggage charges / Airport departure taxes.
- Accommodation after the trek if you wish to extend or incase if you descent earlier from the trek.
- Personal expenses such as beverages (other than those included with meals, as listed in each itinerary), room service, souvenirs, laundry, communication charges, medical or extra evacuation fees.
- Tips for Guides, porters (see recommended amount)
- Additional transportation, accommodation, and meals incurred by a client unable to continue a planned itinerary due to illness, health, medical conditions or due to airline schedule changes and accommodation before and after the trek
- Entry visa (not required for Singaporeans),
- Personal travel insurance,
- Personal climbing equipment e.g. down jacket, trekking poles (can be rented in Moshi),
- Sleeping Bags (can be rented in Moshi),
- Items of a personal nature.
- Single Supplement Additional Costing
IF ANYONE WISH TO EXTEND THEIR TRIP FOR SAFARI DO CONTACT US FOR ARRANGEMENTS.
EXPLORE THE ISLAND LIFE AT ZANZIBAR
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160