The Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Trek are a natural masterpiece. The landscape is surreal, and trekkers feel as if they are living a dream while hiking through the grand scenery, characterized by expansive glaciers and colossal masses of rock and ice. Join us in this special adventure! It is a dream for many trekkers to hike the Everest Base Camp trail, but few even know about the glorious Gokyo Lakes trek or the astonishing view from Gokyo Ri. For many, the moment of reaching the base of the world’s highest mountain is the highlight. For those taking the Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Trek, there is much more in store.
*Get an exclusive SGTREK Duffle bag when you sign up for this trek.
- Deposit $1000/Pax for booking this tour.
- Final Balance Payment by 6months before to the event date.
VACCINATION AND COVID19 REGULATIONS
- All participants need to be vaccinated to join this event.
- Pre and Post covid19 test need to be paid by clients in Singapore and Nepal if needed.
- Get Covid19 Travel Insurance coverage to protect yourself / Travel Insurance also needed which covers mountaineering up to 6000m.
STAFF CONTACT NO:
Do contact VIJAY +6592700908(WHATSAPP) or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also can customize this trek based on your dates.
TRIP DURATION: 18Days 17Nights
- 09 Mar – 26 Mar 2024
- 06 Apr – 23 Apr 2024
- 04 May – 21 May 2024
- 07 Sep – 24 Sep 2024
- 05 Oct – 22 Oct 2024
- 02 Nov – 19 Nov 2024
Group of 2Pax Above: SGD2480/Pax (*SGTREK MEMBERS SGD2400/Pax)
*Book in group of 2Pax or above: Get $150/Pax Discount – offer valid till 30Sep2023
*Single supplement prices applicable. You can check with us for more details on the cost while booking if you are a solo traveler.
Event Grading: Moderate
*For those who wish to engage personal porters’ Additional porter cost. Do make the porter reservation while booking for the event.
Arrive in Kathmandu as per the itinerary and update us of your arrival flight details to Kathmandu Airport.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1320m/4264ft)
Welcome to Kathmandu (1320m). Our representative will be at the airport. Upon arrival you will be heartily welcomed by him putting garland on your neck which means welcome to Nepal. Then you will be driven to the hotel by car. Rest and enjoy the day around the town.
Hotel in Kathmandu- B
Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu/ Ramechap to Lukla (2886m) which takes approximately 30-45 min then trek to Phakding (2640m) about 4 hours.
After having breakfast and rest in Lukla we headed through a stone paved trail toward Baisekharka. There are few ups and downs to getting in to the Phakding passing through plenty of prayer rocks which is called ‘Mani’ in local language. Once getting in the Phakding, fresh up and short walk around village and hike up to the Gompa for acclimatize.
Tea House in Phakding- B, L, D
Day 03: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m) about 5 hours.
After a hot breakfast at your lodge, the trail leads towards the suspension bridge and easy uphill to the Monjo from where Sagarmatha National Park begins. After getting entry permit at park drop down to the river, cross another suspension bridge and continue walk to the high Hillary Bridge at the bottom of the hill. After the bridge the trail leads uphill to the Namche Bazzar. On the way you will have a great view of Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. KusumKangru and more with beautiful valley.
Tea House in Namche Bazaar- B, L, D
Day 04: Rest at Namche Bazar for acclimatization and excursion around the places.
Explore the local Museum, visit Khumjung village and Khongde village where you can enjoy the views of Mt. Everest and surroundings peaks with Sherpa culture. You can also visit Thamel which is old Sherpa village as an option, but it is quite further. The rest of the day you can explore NamcheBazzar and monastery as per your interest and time.
Tea House in Namche Bazaar- B, L, D
Day 05: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche (3867m) about 5 hours.
After breakfast at the lodge, the trail leads short up towards ridge and easy way to Khyangjuma then descends slightly to Dudhkoshi River at 3250m. After that a steep ascent will take you to the famous Tengboche monastery with its panoramic background of AmaDablam a beautiful mountain, Mt. Everest and other peaks.
Tea House in Tyangboche- B, L, D
Day 06: Trek from Tyangboche to Dingboche (4260m) about 5 hours.
After breakfast we walked half an hour down to riverside through lush forest, across the river and take a gradual climb up to the valley highest year round settlement of Pangboche (3,860m). Continue ascending in the afternoon through alpine meadows and yak herds, eventually reaches Dingboche.
Tea House in Dingboche- B, L, D
Day 07: Today again acclimatize at Dingboche as second acclimatize day on this trip.
You might hike up to Chhukung towards the Island peak or explore Dingboche valley or hike up to ChhukungRi or relax.
Tea House in Dingboche- B, L, D
Day 08: Trek from Dingboche to Labuche (4930m) about 4 hours.
After breakfast at the lodge the trail leads through the valley and gets to the bottom of the hill from where uphill begins to get in to Dugla. After that the trail continues climb upto the ridge where you can see many memories of Sherpa who died on the glacier of Mount Everest. The trail gently climbs up to the Lobuche for overnight.
Tea House in Labuche- B, L, D
Day 09: Trek from Labuche to Gorekshep (5180m) about 4 hours.
The trail continues climb to Gorakshep, check in to lodge, after having lunch start to hike EBC to explore. This day leads you finally to the Everest Base Camp (5,357m) walking through rocky and glacial trails which is the most wonderful renowned place of this trek. After visiting the Everest Base Camp, you will return to GorakShep overnight.
Tea house in Goeakhshep- B, L, D
Day 10: Hike to Kalapathar (5550m) and trek to Dzongla(4830m) about 7 hours
We started early this morning to catch an Everest sunrise. We climb up to the Kala Pathar (5550m) below the giant Mount Pumori. This is a steep ascent up the grassy slopes west of GorakShep. From Kala Pathar the entire Everest south face is visible as well as Lho La (the pass between Nepal and Tibet), Changtse (the northern peak of Everest),Nuptse, Lingtren and many other peaks. After enjoying the sunrise, we return to GorakShep and continue the descent to Lobuche to get to Dzongla, we head straight down along the west ridge of Khumbhu glacier, then head up to the ridges towards the Lobuche peak. Eventually we reach the flat meadows of Dzongla. We spend the night here beforeheading to yet another famous and adventurous pass of the Everest Region.
Tea House in Dzongla – B, L, D
Day 11: Dzongla to Chola Pass (5428m) to Thangnak (4750m) about 7hours
It’s an early start today with a morning walk up through grassy valleys before climbing up to the rough stone and rock trail. We keep on ascending towards the west of Dzongla until we reach the top of Chola pass (5428 m). Most of the time the top of Chola pass is covered in snow, with the added prayer flags; this leaves us with a picturesque landscape superb for photographs. After half an hour in this windyare, we start very carefully down the steep descent towards the base of Chugimala(another name of Chola pass).The trail then ascends up and down in the basin of Cholatse before we head down the final steep section through the gorge to Thangnak.
Tea House in Thangnak – B, L, D
Day 12: Thangnak to Gokyo (4650m) about 4 hours
It’s a 4 hour trek to the beautiful Gokyo lakes via the rough, dry and icy Ngozumba glacier.The day is short and relaxing in the Gokyo lakeside where you will find yourself surrounded by Mountains.
Tea House in Gokyo – B, L, D
Day 13: Hike to Gokyo ri (5420m) and stay again Gokyo 4 hours.
The views around Gokyo are tremendous. For the best views we will climb Gokyo Ri (5357m) today. From here we will have a panoramic view of Cho Oyu, Gyanchung Kang, Everest, Lothse, Makalu, Cholatse and Tawachee. After we enjoy the view, we will return back to Gokyo village for the night.
Tea House in Gokyo – B, L, D
Day 14: Trek from Gokyo to Dole (4200m) about 5 hours
After breakfast at the lodge, our way back from Gokyo is an easy downhill walk along the Dudh Koshi River passing by Ngozumpa Glacier. We could see the Cholatse and Taboche peaks rear up on the right of us. The trail descends below Phangka, and across a level terrace on the slope to climb a rib on the far side of the hill side. Upon reaching the Chorten at the edge, we see great views of Thamserku, Cho Oyu, and Kangtega. We slowly walk down to sprawling village of Machhermo.Then head toward to Dole.
Tea House in Dole – B, L, D
Day 15: Trek from Dole to Namche bazaar about 4 hours
Our hike today was mostly downhill. On the trail we could see some animals like mountain goat, musk deer, pheasant as well as more plants and vegetation including rhododendron forest. Finally, an easy walk leads you to the Namche Bazzar for overnight where you will have a really hot shower, which is the best after few days having no shower.
Tea House in Namche – B, L, D
Day 16: Trek from Namche to Lukla 5 about hours
After breakfast at the lodge, the trail drops downhill through the pine forest till to the bridge and continue walk to the Monjo. After check out from the park check post continue walking to Phakding for the lunch. After that your last day of the trek continues to the Lukla.
Tea House in Lukla – B, L, D
Day 17: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu (1,350m/4,428ft) 35 minutes flight
Normally flights are always in the morning due to the weather. So, your guide will organize all the airport formalities by the time you have finished your breakfast at the lodge. Your luggage will also be taken to the airport for you. Once your guide gets news about your flight arrival at Lukla airport, you will get the chance to watch how these small aircraft land into this small airstrip. After a quick photograph, head to the airport and catch your flight to Kathmandu. On arrival at Kathmandu airport, your guide will take you to your hotel by private vehicle. The rest of the day in Kathmandu is yours to rest or explore. Join us tonight for a farewell dinner at a traditional Nepalese Restaurant with a cultural program.
Hotel in Kathmandu – B, D
Day 18: Farewell from Nepal as you fly back home.
Our agency’s representative will greet you at your hotel and offer you a Khada (a kind of cloth which is worn on your neck). Wearing Khada means good luck and protection. Afterwards they will drop you at the airport.
Note: B = Breakfast, L = Lunch and D = Dinner
The above itinerary can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements. Please let us know whether you would like to make a shorter or longer. We will follow accordingly.
- KTM – LUKLA – KTM Flight : Main baggage limit is 10Kg (3-5Kg Hand bag) any exceeding weight to be paid by individual
- 1Porter carries 2clients duffel bag, each duffle bag limited to 12kg max. Exceeding weight need to engage personal porters at additional cost. (*we do not encourage porters carry heavy load for the trek.)
- Tips and gratitude provided to local staff (Guides/Porters) are mandatory.
- All the Ground Transportation from airport pick up to airport drop.
- Domestic flight ticket and airport tax
- Domestic flight ticket for the guide and airport tax
- 2 nights Hotel in Kathmandu in twin sharing basis
- All Meals during trekking days 15 days (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) as indicated by the itinerary.
- All Accommodation from day 1 to day 18 in twin sharing basis
- All trekking and climbing related permit & fees, (Entry Permit, National park Fees and TIMS Card).
- Professional Trekking leader, guides and necessary porters (1 porter for 2 pax during trekking).
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes and 13% VAT to for Trekking.
- Guide’s & porter’s insurance.
- Trekking/climbing certificate from the agency.
- International air fare to/ from Nepal
- Entry Visa fees – at present $30 for 15 days, US$ 50 for 30 days, and US$ 120 for three-month visa on entry into Nepal.
- Major foods (Lunch and Dinner) in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Insurance covers medical, emergency evacuation, loss, theft expenses.
- Drinks: both alcoholic and bottled other than sterilized drinking water.
- Laundry fees
- Battery charge, WI-FI and hot shower during the trekking
- Personal gear and expenses
- Tips and gratitude provided to staff.
THINGS TO CHECK PRIOR TO THE TRIP:
Do check on your visa requirements based on your passports. Most of the passports are on arrival.
Visa Fee structure:
3.5.1. Visa Fee
- 15 Days – 30 USD
- 30 Days – 50 USD
- 90 Days – 125 USD
Visa Facility Fee
NECESSARY THINGS NEEDED:
- Passport size photos: 2pcs
- Passport Photocopy; 2pcs
- Travel Insurance Photo Copy (Policy no. & Contact No.) – Must cover adventure sports around 5500M evacuation.
- Local currency
LIST OF EQUIPMENT AND CLOTHING
- Down or fiber filled waterproof jacket and trousers (1)
- Lightweight cotton long pants (3 pairs)
- Fleece jacket or pullover (1)
- Warm cotton trousers (2 pairs)
- Shirts and T-shirts (4 pieces).
- Long under wear (2 pieces)
- Short under wear (4 pieces)
- Sun hat or scarf (1)
- Woolen hat (1)
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof (1)
- Lightweight gloves (1)
- Sunglasses (1)
- Rain coat (1)
- Head Scrap
- Trekking boot (one pairs)
- Camp shoes (1 pair)
- Thick socks (4 pairs)
- Light socks (3 pairs)
- Sandals (1 pair)
- Sleeping bag (4seasons)-1 if you have can bring for hygienic
- Down jacket -1
- Daypack – 1
- Water bottle – 1
- Sun creams
- Hiking Poles
- Thermos Flask
- Bright Headlamps/Spare batteries
- Tea – you can boil water in teahouses.
- dairy milk bars – chocolate is a must!
- trail mix and peanuts
- Diamox – for altitude
- Vicks vapor rub
- anti nauseant – you tend to feel just a bit nauseaus a lot at altitude.
- immodium – diarrhea is common at altitued.
- blister bandaids or moleskin
- eye drops
- advil cold and dinus
- nasal moisturizer – altitude causes nasal cavities to be very dry, nasal moisturizer was very helpful.
- tiger balm.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160