Elevation : 4,095 m
*PERMITS ARE FULL FOR THIS TRIP* If you have other alternate dates do contact us +6592700908(WhatsApp)
As Mount Kinabalu is very famous mountain in Malaysia and each day many climbers are climbing, the permits are sold out very fast. AS we only have 15slots for this tour, if you would like to confirm your slots kindly contact us via WhatsApp +6592700908.
EVENT DATE : 17April2019-20April2019
EVENT COST : (Min 7-15pax) – need to make full payment for confirmation
NON MALAYSIAN : SGD860/pax
MALAYSIAN : SGD660
(For MEMBERSHIP check this link: http://sgtrek.com/about-us/sgtrek-membership/)
Difficulty: (Moderately to Difficult)
Staff Contact No.: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
EVENT FORM: Do ask for the password after the payment is done
DETAILED ITINERARY: Suggested Flight
DETAILED ITINERARY :
Day 01 – Kota Kinabalu/ Kinabalu Park HQ/ Resort
- Pickup from your hotel lobby or airport and depart on a 2 hours journey to Kinabalu Park Headquarters.
- En route passing by villages and a panoramic vista of the valleys of the Crocker Range.
- Check into Kinabalu Park Hostel or similar.
- Rest of the day you are free at leisure.
- Dinner will be served at restaurant and overnight.
Day 02 – Park HQ/ Timpohon Gate/ Ascend Mount Kinabalu/ Panalaban Base Camp
- Breakfast at Park Restaurant. Thereafter, collect your packed lunch.
- Proceed to the Park HQ to register for the climb.
- Our guide will arrange for all necessary registrations, assign you a mountain guide and apply for your ID TAG.
- Remember to wear your ID TAG at all times.
- You’ll then be transferred to starting point – Timpohon Gate – where your journey and quest to the summit of Borneo’s highest mountain begins! The climb will take approximately 4-5 hours.
- The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetations.
- Arrive PanaLaban Base Camp @ 3272m and check into your accommodation.
- Buffet Dinner at Laban Rata Restaurant and overnight.
*DO TAKE NOTE THERE WILL BE CUT OFF TIME SETUP TO REACH THE GATE, YOU WILL BE STOPPED FROM SUMMIT CLIMB IF YOU ARE TOO SLOW.
(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner included)
Day 03 – Low’s Peak/ Descend Mount Kinabalu/ Kota Kinabalu
- 0200hrs: Wake up for early supper and depart for continuation of journey towards the summit of Mount Kinabalu.
- The journey up to the Low’s peak @ 4,095m will test your fitness and determination. Depending on speed of trekking, you might be able to experience the glorious sunrise over the majestic Mt. Kinabalu if weather permits.
- 0700hrs: Descend back to Panalaban Base Camp for late breakfast and check out. Trek down to Timpohon Gate for transfer back to the Kinabalu Park Headquarter (est. arrival 1300hrs to 1500hrs).
- Congratulations, you can now collect your Certificate of Achievement!
- Buffet Lunch will be served at the Balsam Restaurant in Kinabalu Park.
- Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu City. Journey takes approx. 2 hrs.
- Check into Klagan Hotel. Free at leisure. (Superior Twin Room)
(Supper / Breakfast / Lunch included)
Day 04 – Depart Kota Kinabalu (or extend stay)
After breakfast, free check-out and transfer to Kota Kinabalu airport.
~end of tour~
- Meals as Stated,
- 03 Nights Accommodation,
- Entrance Fees,
- Return Airport/Hotel Transfer,
- Return Transfer (Park HQ – Timpohon Gate – Park HQ),
- Mountain Guide,
- Climbing Insurance,
- Climbing Permit,
- Mount Kinabalu Certificate and Certificate Holder,
- Malaysia Visa,
- Porter Fee,
- Guides/Porter Tips
- Alcoholic Drinks,
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Travel Insurance (*compulsory)
Notes: Advised to take good walking shoes, raincoats, jackets, torch, insect repellent and sunscreen.
THINGS YOU SHOULD PREPARE FOR MOUNTAIN CLIMB
- Waterproof backpack to store your items
- Trekking or running shoe with good grip
- Warm clothing/Long sleeves shirt/Hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Extra clothing and socks
- Small towel
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
- Head torch (compulsory)
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle (0.5 – 1 Litre)
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of SGD 4 per piece prior climb.
THINGS YOU WISH TO BRING
- Medication such as headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sun block lotion, lip gloss, plasters
- Insect repellent / Mosquito Oil
- Camera with water proof bag
- Sandals / Slippers
- Plastic bags
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- Climbers who reach Timpohon Gate after 16:30 Hrs will be imposed a fee of SGD 5 per hour per guide and need to pay directly to mountain guide on the spot.
- Tipping is like giving a hug. Although it’s never expected, it’s always very much appreciated.
- Do take note that your passport will be required for verification during registration at the Kinabalu Park office. Please bring it along with you.
- Laban Rata Resthouse does NOT provide boiled water for drinking/refill to climbers. Coffee & Tea will only be provided complimentary during Breakfast & Supper. However, mineral water, coffee, tea, and other hot drinks and Soft Drinks are still available for purchase at the Grocery Counter (Laban Rata Resthouse).
- Pendant Hut provides filtered hot water for drinking/refill to climbers.
- Standard check-in and check-out times for most hotels & resorts are 1400 Hrs & 1200 Hrs respectively. However, check-in & check-out times may vary depending on each accommodation. So kindly check with us to get accurate check-in & check-out times of your accommodation.
- Effective as of 1st September 2017, the Tourism and Culture Ministry of Malaysia will be implementing a Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX). Foreign tourists will be required to pay a flat rate of SGD 4 per room per night regardless of accommodation star level. The TTx is to be paid upon check-in. Malaysians or permanent residents residing in Malaysia are exempted from TTx and is required to present a valid identification upon check-in for the exemption.
FRIENDLY NOTE FROM SABAH PARKS
It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
Children below 15 years old must fill in the indemnity form upon registration at Park Headquarters.
TERMS & CONDITIONS : http://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (Watsapp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organised by :
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160