Mount Yong Belar is a mountain on the border of the states Kelantan and Perak in the Titiwangsa Mountains of Malaysia. Its summit is 2,180 m above sea level. It is approximately 8 km away from Mount Korbu, the tallest mountain of the Titiwangsa Mountains.
MOUNT YONG BELAR (2181m.a.s.l)
- G7 Ranking: 3rd Highest Peak in Peninsular Malaysia
- Location: Titiwangsa Main Range, Cameron Highlands (Pahang)
- Nearest Town: Brinchang (10KM away from Kg. Raja)
- Final Preparation Area: Kampung Raja
- Trail Head: Blue Valley Dam
- Route (RETURN): Kampung Raja – Blue Valley Dam – Camp Cabin – Camp Tudung Periuk – Camp Kasut – Summit
- Trail Length: 7.2KM one way (give or take 100m)
- Ascent: 1300m – 2181m
- Terrain: Logging Trail, Pipe Balancing, River Crossing, Uphill & Downhill, Dry to Muddy Trails
- Root Clambering
- Forest Type: Upper Montane Forest
- Weather: Fair Weather mostly, switching to Tropical Storms at anytime
- Climate: Hot, Wet & Humid during the day and Cold at night
- Campsites with H20: Camp Tudung Periuk, Camp Kasut
- Last Water Point: Camp Kasut
- Scenic Rating: 6/10 (10/10 being awesome)
- Cellular Network: Poor to Medium Coverage at the summit for CELCOM, MAXIS & DIGI
- Duration + Difficulty: 6/10 @ 3D/3N (1 being easy and 10 being very difficult)
- : 7/10 @ 2D/2N
- : 8.5/10 @ Dayhike
EVENT DATE: 15-17 July 2022
EVENT DURATION: 2Day2Nights Trip
Meetup Place: Marsiling MRT BUS STOP (near Maxi Cash)
Meetup Time: 08.00pm (Please note we will depart 08:00PM on 15-July-2022)
SGTREK MEMBERS: SGD350/Pax
*All camping Tents and ration will be carried by our local porters. Hikers only need to carry their own personal belonging. If anyone wish to engage person porters can contact us.
- All participants for the this tour need to be vaccinated.
- Event registration closes 15June2022 or before the event gets full.
- Do check you have a valid passport/Expiry date for the event, as passport copy will be needed to apply permits.
- Once the event permits are applied, event cost is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Advised to get travel insurance once you book the event.
STAFF CONTACT: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
- Group size minimum 10-14pax – Transportation is Van
Day 1: Meetup and Drive to Cameron Highlands
- 0800pm Meetup and briefing
- Drive to Cameron Highlands (few stops for breaks along the way)
Day 2: Meetup Guides / Start Hike
- 0700hrs Breakfast & Final Packing
- 0800hrs 4WD Ride to trail head
- 0900hrs Start Ascent
- Lunch break for 30 minutes
- 1100hrs Camp Tudung Periuk (Campsite) – Lunch – Summit Attack
- 1400hrs Camp Kasut
- 1500hrs Summit Mt Yong Belar
- 1530hrs Start Descent
- 1930hrs Camp Tudung Periuk
- 2100hrs Dinner
Day 3: End of Hike – Back to Singapore
- 0700hrs Breakfast & Final Packing
- 0830hrs Start Descent to Starting Point
- 1200hrs Sweeper expected to reach Starting Point – 4WD Transfer
- After the hike the transport will pick-up and drive back to Singapore
- Lunch/Dinner stop along the way (*at own cost)
- 11.00pm Estimated Arrival Singapore.
1) The above itinerary is dynamic and subject to change according to team progress & other components
2) Once the permit is applied there shall be no refund or transfer of the slot is allowed.
1) Professional Mountain Guides
2) 4WD Transfers (Return)
3) Camping Meals
5) Expedition porter (For company equipment & ration)
6) Permits, permission & reports to relevant authorities
7) Group and external radio communication
8) Expedition formulation and on-site management
9) 2Way Transport from Singapore
10) SGTREK Trek Leader
11) e-Certification of climb
1) Group, personal, equipment, belongings, travel or other types of insurance coverage during expedition dates.
2) Personal camping equipment
3) Travel, meals, accommodation and other items not mentioned above prior and after the expedition
4) Emergency evacuation cost
5) Visa to Malaysia
6) Personal Medication
7) Meals other than specified in the itinerary
8) Travel insurance
Please note the following items to bring on your own:
- Backpack hike (45L-55L)
- Gloves / hiking poles
- Waterproof bags for Rain shelter
- Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom
- Warm clothes for night
- Raincoat or windbreaker
- 1 pair good shoe for hiking
- 1 sandal/slipper
- 1 Hand torchlight or headlamp
- Personal medication if any
- Energy Bars/Trail snacks etc.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160