Gua Batu Maloi (Batu Maloi Cave) is a wild cave, which is visited on regular spelunking trips. The specialty of this cave is its unique geology: it is a tectonic cave, formed by a landslide in granite. The boulders were relocated and have now numerous gaps between them. As a river is flowing through this pile of boulders, it had to find its bed, and the result is a river cave. While the water is not the origin of the cave, the energy rich whitewater transports debris out of the cave and keeps it open. It also works on the rock surfaces and so there are now some erosional signs. Nevertheless this is a true tectonic cave.
- All participants for the this tour need to be vaccinated.
- Event registration closes 3 weeks before to the event date or before the event gets full.
- Do check you have a valid passport/Expiry date for the event, as passport copy will be needed to apply permits.
- Once the event permits are applied, event cost is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Advised to get travel insurance once you book the event.
EVENT DATE: 25 Feb 2023
EVENT DURATION: 1Day Trip
SGTREK MEMBERS: SGD135/Pax
Become a SGTREK Member and enjoy the benefits. Read here for Membership benefits: https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-membership/
*All the parks in Malaysia have a new guiding rules. Guide ration 1Guide:7clients. Cost of the permits and guiding fees have been increased since pandemic.
STAFF CONTACT: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
Meetup Place : Marsiling Mrt Bus Stop
Meetup Time : 06:00 am (06:00am depart from Marsiling Mrt Bus Stop) – Do be on time. We will not be waiting for late comers.
Hike Grading : Moderate https://sgtrek.com/hike-grading/
- 06:00am – meetup at Marsiling Mrt and quick briefing. Do ensure to have your breakfast prior to the meet up or you can bring some food along to eat in the vehicle or before the start of the adventure. Do bring packed lunch also for the trip.
- 06.05am We will depart to cross over Singapore and Johor Checkpoint. Can buy things at Johor custom(water snacks etc.) Take away packed lunch for the advenutre
- 0900 hrs – Gather @ Hutan Lipur GBM basecamp & prep.
- 0930 hrs – Start excursion
- 1300 hrs – End of excursion and trekking to starting point
- 1330 hrs – Lunch & shower (*bring your own lunch pack)
- 1400 hrs – Dismiss from the location base, shower and quick change. Then we will head for dinner along the way.
- 08.00pm – Reach Marsiling MRT station. End of tour.
*itinerary may vary along the way accordingly to the weather condition on the day.
What to wear?
📌 Everyone MUST wear a headlamp; bring your own. Sharing of headlamp is prohibited.
📌 Bring personal medicines if needed.
📌 Wear rubber/water shoes/sports shoes. Foam sandals like Crocs or equivalent are not advisable.
📌 Wear socks to avoid sands from getting in between the toes.
📌 Wear flexible & durable pants with tights underneath in case the outer pants get ripped.
📌 Wear long pants & long-sleeved shirts to avoid getting scratches from sharp/hard rock & sandy surfaces.
📌 Use a small drybag to carry keys/small water bottle/energy snacks/handphone/camera.
📌 Secure car keys & handphones single or double layer plastic ziplock bags first before keeping them in the drybag for extra protection.
📌 All essentials must be put in a dry bag & the hands should be free from holding anything
*Watch Gua Batu Maloi as featured in Astro Prima’s live telecast of Wanita Hari Ini https://youtu.be/xtcG7AJZ-7Q
- 🔖 Min 2 guides (even for a small group, at least 1 certified first aid responder)
- 🔖 Forestry permit
- 🔖 SGTREK Event Coordinator
- 🔖 Helmet (sanitized before and after caving)
- 🔖 Caving insurance
- 🔖 Other safety equipment
- 🔖 MATEX-certified Adventure Tourism Operator
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for local guides/Driver
- Any other personal expenses
- Covid19 Tests (Pre/Post)
- Food other than specified in itinerary
Please note the following items to bring on our own :
- Dry Backpack hike (Make sure light backpack)
- Gloves/Knee pads/Hiking Poles
- Water Proof bags for Rain shelter
- Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom / Change of clothes
- Personal medication if any
- Raincoat or windbreaker
- 1 pair good shoe for hiking
- 1 sandal/slipper
- 1 headlamp / Torchlight
- Insurance is a must to have for adventure sports
- Energy bars/light snacks.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160