The most popular hike in Johor which is closer to Singapore – Let’s take a walk and explore the magnificent views. We need to apply permit for this do SIGNUP quickly if you keen.
Gunung Arong Recreational Forest is a forest reserve in Mersing District, Johor. Visitors to Gunung Arong Recreational Forest can enjoy the stream that runs through the forest. At the peak, hikers are rewarded with magnificent panoramic views of the South China Sea and its neighboring islands. On a clear weather, you can see Pulau Tioman too. This is a 2 hour hike up the 255 metres high Gunung Arong Forest Reserve Mountain.
- All participants for the this tour need to be vaccinated.
- Event registration closes 3 weeks before to the event date or before the event gets full.
- Do check you have a valid passport/Expiry date for the event, as passport copy will be needed to apply permits.
- Once the event permits are applied, event cost is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Advised to get travel insurance once you book the event.
EVENT DATE: 26 March 2023
EVENT DURATION: 1Day Trip
SGTREK MEMBERS: SGD135/Pax
Become a SGTREK Member and enjoy the benefits. Read here for Membership benefits: https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-membership/
*All the parks in Malaysia have a new guiding rules. Guide ration 1Guide:7clients. Cost of the permits and guiding fees have been increased since pandemic.
STAFF CONTACT: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
Meetup Place : Marsiling Mrt Bus Stop
Meetup Time : 06.00 am (06.10am depart from Marsiling Mrt Bus Stop) – Do be on time. We will not be waiting for late comers.
- Group size 15pax – Transportation is Van
- Group size 25Pax above – Transportation is Coach
LOCATION: Gunung Arong (Mersing, Malaysia)
ALTITUDE: 255 METRES
Hike Grading : Moderate https://sgtrek.com/hike-grading/
- 06:00am – Pick up from Marsiling MRT Bus Station-Meetup at Maxicash (do make sure to have your breakfast prior to the meetup and take away some packed lunch to eat at the summit)
- 06:10am – The transport will depart to Singapore Custom / Cross over to JB Custom (At JB customs can buy water/snacks/food at the shop located at the waiting area)
- Depart to Gunung Arong (Journey around 2hours approx. )
- Arrive at Arong Mountain Base and meet up with local guide (safety briefing-You can leave unwanted things in the transport-No toilet facilities available at the start point)
- Start of hike
- Reach summit and lunch (bring your own food)
- Start to descend to the other side of the mountain which ends at the beach. Chill-out at the beach and enjoy a dip in the sea and then trek back to the vehicle pick-up point.( Fresh up / change of clothes) *Subjective of tides based on the day
- Depart to Johor Bahru for dinner (if time permits we will head for some shopping and massage)
- Arrive Singapore before 09.30-10:00pm.
*itinerary may vary along the way accordingly to the weather condition on the day.
- SGTREK LEADER
- Hiking Permit
- Hiking Guides/Sweeper
- 2way Transport.
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for local guides/Driver
- Any other personal expenses
- Covid19 Tests (Pre/Post)
- Food other than specified in itinerary
Please note the following items to bring on our own :
- Day Backpack hike (Make sure light backpack)
- Gloves/Knee pads/Hiking Poles
- Water Proof bags for Rain shelter
- Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom / Change of clothes
- Personal medication if any
- Raincoat or windbreaker
- 1 pair good shoe for hiking
- 1 sandal/slipper
- 1 headlamp / Torchlight
- Insurance is a must to have for adventure sports
- Energy bars/light snacks.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160
Address: 28A, Kandahar Street