Mount Datuk is one of a favorite place for nature lovers and adventure seekers to capture a sunrise over such a short hike. It holds many treasures of the natural tropical rainforest. As you can see in the picture, there’s a formation of big rocks at the summit.
The trail is not so tough that from Intake/Starting Point, it takes about 2-3 hours for a non-hiker to reach the summit. Regular hiker that is fit enough easily can make it in 1hour 30mins to the summit. Some part of the trail section is steep but it can easily climbed over a slow walk up.
• Magnificent view of sunrise at Gunung Datuk
• Great view of the Strait of Malacca
• Jonker Street
• Baba Nyonya Heritage
• Try out some delicious food @ Jonker Street
– Kedai Kopi Chung Wah: Chicken Rice Ball
-Nyonya Chang (Nyonya Rice Dumpling)
-Durian Cottage: Durian Bomb
-Aunty Koh: Gula Melaka Cendol
- All participants for the this tour need to be vaccinated.
- Do check you have a valid passport/Expiry date for the event, as passport copy will be needed to apply permits.
- Advised to get travel insurance once you book the event.
EVENT DATE: 17 Feb 2024
EVENT DURATION: 1Day Trip
SGTREK MEMBERS: SGD135/Pax
Become a SGTREK Member and enjoy the benefits. Read here for Membership benefits: https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-membership/
- Group size below 15pax – Transportation is Van
STAFF CONTACT: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
Duration : 1 Day Trip
Meetup Place : Marsiling MRT BUS STOP (*Near to maxicash)
Meetup Time : 10:00pm (on 16 Feb 2024)
Gunung Datuk located at Rembau, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.
- Altitude : 870m /2900ft
- Location : Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
- Usually it takes 4 to 5 hours
- Good for Training. You’ll need to have at least some stamina/ hiking experience, else you’ll be crazy tired. ( Moderately Challenging )
Hike Grading : Moderate https://sgtrek.com/hike-grading/
- 10:00pm (on 16 Feb 2024) sharp meetup at the Marsiling Bus Stop, quick briefing and we will depart once the transport arrives
- We shall not be waiting for any late comers, so do plan your way to be early at the meetup location
- Depart to SG Customs and then to JB Customs
- At JB customs there are shops you could buy snacks for the trail, water etc. (You can also prepare to bring some food from the house for breakfast before to the hike and some trail food)
- Drive to Gunung Datuk
- Along the way we will have a short break at the R&R (You can pack some breakfast or food here for the trail, take at least 1.5l water for the trail)
- 04:00am Arrive around Gunung Datuk
- All your unwanted things can leave in the transport and only take things needed for the hike
- Headlamp is compulsory do not bring torch lights as along the hike you may need to grab ropes, roots etc. keeps hand free while hiking
- SGTREK Leader will do a quick safety briefing and then start to hike
- Once you arrive at the start of the trail there is basic toilet facilities for you to use
Start to hike below is the rough guide:
- Usually a fit climber can reach the summit in 1.5hours from the base, average a person can take up to 3 hours. Do take note this is a beginners walk so go up slowly
- Mixed trail with a bit of steep climb some parts (Need to grab roots, ropes)
- Arrive at summit and wait for sunrise (There are Ladders to climb before summit) – No taking of pictures at the cliff edges
- 08:00am start to descend down from summit after Sunrise
- Descent to base
- Once everyone arrives, you could use the shower facility and change your clothes
- From here we will drive to Melaka (Take around 1hours depending on the traffic)
- After arriving at Melaka free and easy (You can enjoy the food, massage, shopping etc.)
- Around 4pm-5pm Depart from Melaka back to Singapore
- 11:00pm arrive in Singapore ETA.
*itinerary may vary along the way accordingly to the weather condition on the day.
- SGTREK LEADERS
- Park Entrance/ Permit fees
- 2way Transport from Singapore
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for local guides/Driver
- Any other personal expenses
- Covid19 Tests (Pre/Post)
- Food other than specified in itinerary
Please note the following items to bring on our own :
- Day Backpack hike (Make sure light backpack)
- Gloves/Knee pads/Hiking Poles
- Water Proof bags for Rain shelter
- Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom / Change of clothes
- Personal medication if any
- Raincoat or windbreaker
- 1 pair good shoe for hiking
- 1 sandal/slipper
- 1 headlamp / Torchlight (*Not allowed to hike without headlamp)
- Insurance is a must to have for adventure sports
- Energy bars/light snacks.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160