🧗♂️ Embark on a Frozen Adventure: Ice Climbing Introductory Workshop for Beginners 🧗♀️
🏔️ Unlock the thrill of ice climbing with our exclusive Introductory Workshop!
Are you ready to take your love for adventure to new heights? Join us for an unforgettable day of ice climbing designed for beginners seeking an introduction to this exhilarating sport. Led by seasoned instructors, this workshop promises a blend of education, hands-on experience, and breathtaking icy landscapes.
EVENT DURATION: 7Days 6Nights
- 05 – 11 Feb 2024 (Chinese New Year Holidays)
SGD1980/Pax (SGTREK MEMBERS SGD50/Pax discount)
- (Minimum group of 4pax and above)
- *Signup in group of 4pax and above get $80 discount/Pax (Offer valid till 15Nov2023)
Booking Contact No.:
- WhatsApp: +6592700908
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR BOOKING CONFIRMATION:
- Deposit $1000/Pax and confirm your booking.
- Once we have the minimum Pax reached, we will confirm the event and full payment need to be made (*Deposits are non refundable)
- For any cancellation Terms and Conditions apply accordingly.
- Flights we will advice you to book or we can assist in flight bookings.
The Workshop is set in the beautiful landscape of Ladakh, located in the North of India. In the winter months, this cold desert provides some incredible features such as frozen waterfalls and iced ponds. The high altitude and subzero temperatures create a perfect simulation of conditions found in climbing expeditions, while the city of Leh also enables some comfort with availability of hotel accommodations and the opportunity to experience Ladakhi Culture in the off season.
- Day 1: Arrival in Leh
- Day 2: Physical Conditioning
- Day 3: Rock Climbing
- Day 4: Rock Climbing
- Day 5: Ice Climbing
- Day 6: Ice Climbing & Workshop Conclusion
- Day 7: Departure from Leh.
WHERE WILL I BE STAYING?
– You will be staying in a comfortable 3-star hotel in Leh on a Double sharing basis. The cost of stay & meals is included in the total cost.
HOW LONG IS THE WORKSHOP?
– 7 days/6 Nights – Leh to Leh.
WHAT WILL I BE LEARNING?
There would be a range of things:
– Introduction to Rock Climbing & equipment familiarization.
– Practical session on Rock Climbing & Rappelling – 2 days.
– Introduction to Ice Climbing & equipment familiarization.
– Practical session on Ice Climbing & Rappelling – 2 days.
– Basics of Ropes & Knots, Lessons on High Altitude Sickness and how to overcome it, Safety techniques etc.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY OWN EQUIPMENT?:
– You don’t need to bring any equipment. We will be hiring equipment for you, the price of which is already included in the cost.
WHAT KIND OF EXPERIENCE DO I NEED TO HAVE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS WORKSHOP?
– No prior climbing experience is required to join this workshop. If you are reasonably fit and want to learn some new skills, you can join the workshop.
PLEASE NOTE: While prior technical skills such as advanced rock climbing, snow & ice-craft are not necessarily required as we aim to prepare and train you in these disciplines; good physical fitness is a must owing to the high altitude that compounds the challenging nature of this workshop. We strongly encourage participants to commit at least 60 to 75 days of physical preparation, it is imperative that people sign up as soon as possible as this will enable them to prepare sufficiently for the workshop.
* Course schedule is subjective to weather conditions on the mountains and will be rearranged accordingly during the program.
Day 1: Arrival in Leh
Our team will be at the airport to receive you when you land in Leh. You can look for the SGTREK board with a huge grin waving at you. We will personally escort you to the hotel which is situated in the city of Leh. The first two days will be spent in your physical conditioning, assessing and evaluating your acclimatization to the sudden change in altitude and temperature.
Day 2: Physical Conditioning
We will be doing some hikes around Leh to acclimatize better, which will be a part of your physical conditioning from Day 1.
Day 3: Rock Climbing
We begin the practical sessions of the workshop with a focus on Rock Climbing. You will be learning about climbing with boots, gloves, and tools. You will also be exploring Multi-Pitch basics, including anchors & belay stations. Later you will be practicing following & belaying a leader after leaving the ground.
Day 4: Rock Climbing
Continue the Rock-Climbing sessions, building on the skills learned on Day 3.
Day 5: Ice Climbing
Today you will be transitioning to the exciting world of Ice Climbing. You will be learning the techniques and safety measures required for ice climbing in subzero temperatures.
Day 6: Ice Climbing & Workshop Conclusion
You will be practicing ice climbing today as well from your newly acquired Ice Climbing skills from Day 5. The workshop will conclude by reflecting on your experiences & newfound climbing skills.
Day 7: Departure from Leh
After you checkout from your hotel our team will drop you at the airport and you fly out of Leh.
- Assistance upon arrival at Leh airport by our representative.
- Certified Mountaineering experts / Instructors
- Accommodation in Leh on MAP plan for 5 nights sharing basis.
- Transportation Airport pickup and drop.
- Everyday Transportation to Hikes & Climbing Walls
- Permit Fees and other permits needed during the workshop,
- Cost of hiring Climbing Equipment
- Transportation from the Hotel to the airport.
- Ground staffs to handle all arrangements
- International Flight / Domestic Flights
- Visa to India
- Any accommodations in Delhi or Leh other than itinerary
- Travel Insurance / Covid19 Insurance
- Additional days in Leh other than the standard itinerary
- Any kind of Personal Equipment or Optional Tours/Extra Meals Ordered.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- Any kind of drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral & Aerated)
- Guide Fee, Camera Fee, Soft or Hard Drinks, Starters.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head *Price included*
Please note the following items to bring on our own:
- Trekking poles
- Quick-drying pants/shorts
- Long-sleeve shirts (for sun and bugs)
- Lightweight fleece or jacket
- Boots or shoes suited to terrain.
- Socks (synthetic or wool)
- Extra clothes * (beyond the minimum expectation)
Additional items for rainy and/
or cold weather:
- Rainwear (jacket and pants)
- Long underwear
- Warm, insulated jacket or vest
- Fleece pants
- Gloves or mittens
- Warm hat
- Bandana or Buff
- Gaiters (for rainy, snowy, or muddy conditions)
FOOD & WATER
- Water bottles and/or reservoir *
- Trail snacks
- First-aid kit or supplies *
- Lighter/matches & Firestarter *
- Emergency shelter *
- Headlamp or flashlight * (with extra batteries)
HEALTH & HYGIENE
- Hand sanitizer
- Menstrual products (if needed)
- Prescription medications (if needed)
- First-aid kit or supplies
- Sun protection:
- Sunscreen *
- Sunglasses * (+ retainer leash)
- Sun hat *
- SPF-rated lip balm *
- Insect repellent *
- Toilet paper
- Urinary products
- Sanitation trowel (if no toilets)
- Baby wipes
- Alcohol or antiseptic wipes
- Blister treatments.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160