With the border opening news to Malaysia our events are going live and most of you are excited to start your weekend trips into the Malaysia jungle. *All participants need to be fully vaccinated to join this event.
The event that many of you have requested for, the Jungle Survival Camp (JSC) Level 1, is back. We listened to you, and we will now make available the option that many of you have requested for. We are opening slots for JSC Level 1 for this year 2022. During the event there’ll be no babysitting, toilet paper, catered meals, toilets, showers, ice-cream, or Wi-Fi. Get ready to survive and gain some skills.
*Do signup early as we have only limited slots for the course. We will be hosting one event for this season. Slot confirmation based on first payment basis.
The JSC Level 1 is suitable for those with little tropical jungle hiking/camping/survival experience or those who wish to deepen their understanding and knowledge of survival in the tropical jungles.
The course includes*:
– understanding the survival mindset
– what to do when you’re lost or injured
– basic jungle craft/bush craft (shelter, fire, food)
– navigating jungle topography
– local plant and wildlife identification
*Depending on the group’s knowledge and ability, there may be some changes during the course.
The depth and breathe of the knowledge shared will depend on the group and individual ability. Many of the course takeaways will be applicable to your hikes, whether they are daytrips or week-long expeditions and whether they are in tropical or temperate zones. Many of the participants of last year’s event came home with lots of renewed knowledge and love for nature. The experience and camaraderie shared during the course isn’t something that you forget easily. You may also learn a few new words in Bahasa Melayu. And you will have fun if you like the outdoors.
EVENT DATE: 18-19 June 2022
SGTREK MEMBERS: SGD275/Pax
Become a SGTREK Member and enjoy the benefits. Read here for Membership benefits: https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-membership/
EVENT VENUE: Johor Bharu – Malaysia (* will be advice the participants with more details)
EVENT GROUP SIZE: 20-30Pax
Instructor: Former SF-survival instructor
Age requirements: This course is open to adults and mature kids who are 16 and above, who are accompanied by their parent/uncle/aunt/guardian. We will consider kids who are slightly below the age of 16 provided they are mature. Kids will be required to hands-on and will handle knives and machetes. There are always risks involved in such activities. The parent/uncle/aunt/guardian will be fully responsible for the child/ward.
STAFF CONTACT: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
- 05:00am Meetup with SGTREK Event Coordinator at Marsiling MRT
- 05:05am Van Transfer to SG Custom – Johor Customs
- After passing Johor Customs we do a quick stopover for food/shopping
- Depart to the Event Location around 1hours duration
- On arrival meetup up the Local Guides/Instructors – Safety Briefing and the course will start from there on.
We estimate the course will end around 3pm. There are basic bathing/toilet facilities available at Camp Location where you can get refreshed and then we will head to Johor near KSL for some food and shopping.
Estimated time of arrival back to Singapore is 10pm.
*More detailed instructions will be shared with the participants who will be joining the event.
- SGTREK EVENT COORDINATOR
- 2Way van transfer from Singapore-Johor-Singapore
- Local Guide: Former SF-survival instructor/Guides/Staff
- SGTREK Survival Kit
- Travel Insurance
- Covid19 (Pre/Post Test)
- Personal Expenses/Medication
- Food/Drinks any items not mentioned in the package
- Malaysia Visa
The following are things you will need:
- Daypack – Backpack
- A bottle of water 2-3liter
- Raincoat/Rain poncho
- Some light snacks/Energy bars
- Hiking shoes
- Headlamp/Torch light
- Cap/Hike poles/gloves
- Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom (* comfortable clothing) for the course, additional Clothes to change
- Personal medication if any
- Sun protection, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Mosquito repellent
Safe Management Measures: Strictly to be followed by all participants who join this event.
- Participants to follow safe management measures throughout the tour
- All participants maintain at least 1m spacing. Always ensure no intermingling between different sub-groups.
- Requiring every participant and staff to wear a mask during the tour, except where allowed under the Control Order (e.g. where eating, drinking, or taking medication, etc.).
- For tours with conveyance, requiring participants keep to the same seats through the journey, including between destinations, and to board and disembark from the conveyance in an orderly manner that minimizes physical interaction.
- Participants to retain the Trace Together app on their mobile phones to support contact tracing efforts even after the tour.
- Adopt good hygiene practices, for example, frequent sanitizing of hands
- If you feel unwell do not join the event day. Kindly take care of your health.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160
Address: 28A, Kandahar Street