Around Mount Faber cable car station there lies some colonial relics such as Keppel Hill Reservoir, Seah Im Bunker, and a Japanese tomb. on this adventure let’s explore this hidden gems. Keppel Hill Reservoir was known as early as 1905, then disappeared from Singapore’s maps from the 1950s and 1960s onwards. It wasn’t until 2014 that it was even ‘rediscovered’ and began to become a popular trekking spot for hikers. This reservoir was formerly a source of water for the Tanjong Pagar dockyard before being used as a swimming pool.
Things we explore on this adventure:
– Seah Im Bunker
– Keppel Hill Reservoir
– Japanese Tomb
– Mount Faber Heritage Walk
- 08 Sep 2021
- 15 Sep 2021
- 22 Sep 2021
EVENT COST: $20/Pax
- EVENT START TIME: 08:30am
- EVENT END TIME: 10:30am (estimated)
- Maintain social distancing while on the walk.
Meetup Location: Harbourfront MRT Station
Event Duration: 2Hours
We will start the walk at 08:30am sharp, do be on time at the meetup location. We will start from MRT and end back at the same location after the walk is complete. We will be walking this at a leisure pace.
Event Grading: Participants should be fit to walk 2hours on some steep terrains, mostly is the forested trails. Do wear proper hiking gears and come well prepared.
The following are things you will need:
-A bottle of water 1liter
-Umbrella or Raincoat
-Some light snacks
-Trekking shoes / Gloves / headlamp / Hiking poles
-Water Proof daypack
-Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom
-Personal medication if any
-Sun protection, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
Safe Management Measures: Strictly to be followed by all participants who join this event.
- Participants to follow safe management measures throughout the activity
- All participants maintain at least 1m spacing. Always ensure no intermingling between different sub-groups.
- Requiring every participant and staff to wear a mask during the tour, except where allowed under the Control Order (e.g. where eating, drinking, or taking medication, etc.).
- For tours with conveyance, requiring participants keep to the same seats through the journey, including between destinations, and to board and disembark from the conveyance in an orderly manner that minimizes physical interaction.
- Participants to retain the Trace Together app on their mobile phones to support contact tracing efforts even after the tour.
- Adopt good hygiene practices, for example, frequent sanitizing of hands
- If you feel unwell do not join the event day. Kindly take care of your health.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160