The Langtang Gosainkund trek combines the diversity of the remote and spectacular Langtang Valley, with the holy lakes of the Gosainkund which are considered holy by both Hindus and Buddhists alike.
The beginning of the trail is easier and will give your legs time to warm up before you reach the harder trails to the Gosainkunda area. Along the way you will be rewarded with an abundance of wildlife, magnificent waterfalls, spectacular mountain views, rhododendron and bamboo forests, in spring the rhododendrons will be in full bloom and carpets of wildflowers will line the trail. This spectacular trek will not only expose you to the beauty of the Langtang region but will also give you the chance to experience the Tamrang culture of the region.
STAFF CONTACT NO: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
TRIP START DATES:
THE EXPEDITION COST:
10pax and Above: SGD1090/pax
Deposit SGD500 for the expedition confirmation
Second Term payment by 15Jan2019 – SGD500
Third Final Balance Payment by 15Feb2019
- Day 01- Arrive Kathmandu (1300m/4264ft)
- Day 02- Kathmandu valley sightseeing & trek preparation
- Day 03- Drive to Syaprubeshi (1550m/5100ft)
- Day 04- Trek to Lama Hotel (2380m/7830ft)
- Day 05- Trek to Langtang Village (3430m/11253ft)
- Day 06- Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3870m/12698ft)
- Day 07- Trek to Lama Hotel (2380m/7830ft)
- Day 08- Trek to Thulo Syapru (2230m/7316ft)
- Day 09- Trek to Shin Gompa (3330m/10925ft)
- Day 10- Trek to Gosaikunda (4460m/14632ft)
- Day 11- Trek to Ghopte (3440m/11286ft)
- Day 12- Trek to Kutumsang (2540m/8332ft)
- Day 13- Trek to Chisapani (2110m/6921ft)
- Day 14- Trek to Kathmandu
- Day 15- Fly to Home country
Staff Contact No: 92700908 (whatsapp)
- Duration: 15 Days
- Grade: Moderate
- Maximum Altitude: 4,460m
- Best Season: March – May, Sept – Dec
- Accommodation: Hotel in Kathmandu, Teahouse Lodging during Trek
- Meals: As stated in itinerary
- Transportation: Car
Arrive to Kathmandu as per the itinerary and update the EVENT CO ORDINATOR of your arrival flight details to Kathmandu Airport.
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu (1320m)
Our representative will be at airport with your name card. Once you grab him you will be heartily welcomed by him putting garland on your neck which means welcome to Nepal. Then you will be driven to the hotel by car. Rest and enjoy the day around the town.
Hotel in Kathmandu – B
Day 02: Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley and trek preparation.
Your tour guide for the day will meet you at your hotel. Your first stop will be Nepal’s most important Hindu sight, Pashupatinath. This site sits on the banks of the holy Bagmati River and is used as a cremation ground. Our next stop will be Bodhnath, the largest Buddhist stoupa in Asia. This is your chance to see some of the thousands of pilgrims who gather to walk around the dome each day. Climb up to one of the many rooftop cafes for lunch and be rewarded with a bird’s-eye view of the entire square. After lunch we turn to the medieval temples in Patan’s Durbar Square. Patan is one of 3 royal cities in the Kathmandu Valley, it’s filled with wood and stone carvings, metal statues, ornate architecture, including dozens of Buddhist and Hindu temples, and over 1200 monuments. Our last stop for the day is the Buddhist temple Swambhnath, mobbed by monkeys and soaring above the city on a hilltop, the ‘Monkey Temple’ is a fascinating, chaotic jumble of Buddhist and Hindu iconography. This is a great place to enjoy your day, so enjoy the view and maybe catch a sunset before heading back to your hotel for dinner. In the evening you will have a meeting with your trekking guide who will make sure you are prepared, explain how your trek will run and also answer any questions you may have.
Hotel in Kathmandu – B
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Syaprubesi (1550m) about 7 hours
While on the road enjoy the Himalayan scenery and rural villager’s lifestyle. Take lunch in Trishuli at local restaurant. Drive ahead with landslide cliff before Dhunche then head down to Syabrubeshi.
Tea House in Syabrubeshi- B, L, D
Day 04: Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2380m) about 6 hours
Our first trekking day, we follow the Langtang river walking through deep forest Langtang national park by observing some wild animals specially Red Panda( if you lucky you could see it) and many species of birds. Easy walk up and down, cross many suspension bridges and stop at Lama Hotel.
Tea House in Lama Hotel- B, L, D
Day 05: Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang village (3440m) about 5 hours.
After having breakfast we head up through the dense forest. The trail is easy to walk even it is up and down. We stop for some tea or lunch at Ghoda Tabela (depends on timing). We can see the stunning view of Langtang Lirung on the way to langtang village.
Tea House in Langtang Village- B, L, D
Day 06: Trek from Langtang village to Kyanjin Gompa (3870m) about 3 hours.
After breakfast we head to Kyanjin Gompa, our last and highest destination passing by yak pastures, sme wooen bridges and the largest Mani wall (made from stone with prayer written).Once we arrive in Kyanjin Gompa have rest and lunch and hike to Kyanjin Ri (4773m) or next day.
Tea house in Kyanjin Gompa- B, L, D
Day 07: Trek from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel about 6 hours.
The trail goes all the way down hill through forest following the river. Pass through the ethnic Tamang and settlements who follow religious and cultural practices similar to the Tibetans.
Tea House in Lama Hotel- B, L, D
Day 08: Trek from Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru(2230m) about 6 hours.
After morning breakfast we head down to the river bank and up to the Thulo syabru through oak pine and Rhododendron forest.
Tea house in Thulo Syabru- B, L, D
Day 09: Trek from Thulo Syabru to Shin Gompa (3330m) about 5 hours.
After breakfast we climb all the way up by passing big pine forest with some tea houses and villages. On the trek we could view fantastic Langtang and Ganesh Himal Himalayan ranges. Shin Gompa also popular for yak cheese where you could visit cheese factory as well.
Tea House in Shin Gompa- B, L, D
Day 10: Trek from Shin Gompa to Gosaikunda (4460m) about 6 hours.
The trail still goes up hill with the views of glorious mountain range. The place from Shin Gompa to Lauribina Yak is the place of Red Panda a harmless wild animal in Nepali known as Cat Bear.After LLauribina Yak the trail is open with small bushes and alpine area till Gosaikunda.Explore the Gosaikunda Lake which is very holy lake and to be said that Hindu’s strongest god Shiva use d to take bath in this lake.
Tea House in Gosaikunda- B, L, D
Day 11: Trek from Gosaikunda to Ghopte (3460m) about 8 hours.
Today is a bit challenging day. We walk through the edge of lake which is little danger trail due to icy way. Crossing the moraines and passing more lakes arrives Lauribina la (4610m) the highest point and pass of this trek. Then all the way down till Phedi where we will have lunch and walk more curve way passing through pine forest to Ghopte.
Tea House in Ghopte- B, L, D
Day 12: Trek from Ghopte to Kutumsang (2540m) about 6 hours.
The trails lead straight and down to the Kutumsang. Alternatively we could trek to the Helambu from Tharepati if we have 3 extra days. From Tharepati we descend through Jungle till Kutumsang.
Tea House in Kutumsang- B, L, D
Day 13: Trek from Kutumsang to Chisapani (2110m) about 6 hours.
The trail leads up and down mostly village and jungle. We can enjoy experiencing village’s lifestyle, chatting with locals and students.
Tea House in Chisapani- B, L, D
Day 14: Trek from Chisapani to Kathmandu (Sundarijal) about 4 hours.
This is the last day of trek, we hike up little bit and all the way down to Kathmandu b passing jungle first the villages. From the top village we could see stunning view of Kathmandu valley. Once we arrive Sundarijal, we take vehicle to reach our hotel. Rest, leisure and shop. In the evening we will have farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program.
Day 15: Farewell day as you fly to home country.
Our agency’s representative will greet you at your hotel and offer you a Khada (a kind of cloth which is worn on your neck). Wearing Khada means good luck and protection. Afterwards you will be taken to the airport. See you next time.
The above itinerary can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements. Please let us know whether you would like to go for a private trip. We can plan for you accordingly.
Note of above Itinerary:
B = Breakfast
L = Lunch
D = Dinner
- Transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as per itinerary
- Domestic flight ticket and airport tax.
- Domestic flight ticket for the guide and airport tax.
- 3 meals per day during the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner) including the coffee and tea.
- Accommodation in tea houses or in tents as per itinerary during the trek.
- Accommodation including breakfast at 3 star hotels in Kathmandu and Pohkara per itinerary.
- Highly experienced Government licensed guide and necessary porters during the trek.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Government / Local taxes, Tourist service charge, guide / porter insurance and salary, general equipment, national park and conservation area fees.
- Respective region ( Langtang) trekking map. TIMS Card & Trek Permit
- Trekking Registration Certificate (TRC).
- International airfares
- Trekking Equipment
- Major meals, lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue) – you may easily obtain the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport – Kathmandu.
- Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects. We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance.
- Tips & Gratuities
THINGS TO CHECK PRIOR TO THE TRIP:
Do check on your visa requirements based on your passports. Most of the passport is on arrival.
Visa Fee structure:
3.5.1. Visa Fee
- a) US $ 25 for 15 days Visa
- b) US$ 40 for 30 days Visa
- c) US$ 100 For 90 days Visa
Visa Facility Fee
Multiple Entries: US$.20.
NECESSARY THINGS NEEDED:
- Passport size photos: 2pcs
- Passport Photocopy ; 2pcs
- Travel Insurance Photo Copy (Policy no. & Contact No.) – Must cover adventure sports around 5500M evacuation
- Local currency
LIST OF EQUIPMENT AND CLOTHING
- Down or fiber filled waterproof jacket and trousers (1)
- Lightweight cotton long pants (3 pairs)
- Fleece jacket or pullover (1)
- Warm cotton trousers (2 pairs)
- Shirts and T-shirts (4 pieces).
- Long under wear (2 pieces)
- Short under wear (4 pieces)
- Sun hat or scarf (1)
- Woolen hat (1)
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof (1)
- Lightweight gloves (1)
- Sunglasses (1)
- Rain coat (1)
- Head Scrap
- Trekking boot (one pairs)
- Camp shoes (1 pair)
- Thick socks (4 pairs)
- Light socks (3 pairs)
- Sandals (1 pair)
- Sleeping bag (4seasons)-1 if you have can bring for hygienic
- Down jacket -1
- Daypack – 1
- Water bottle – 1
- Sun creams
- Hiking Poles
- Thermos Flask
- Bright Headlamps/Spare batteries
- Tea – you can boil water in teahouses
- dairy milk bars – chocolate is a must!
- trail mix and peanuts
- Diamox – for altitude
- Vicks vapor rub
- anti nauseant – you tend to feel just a bit nauseaus a lot at altitude.
- immodium – diarrhea is common at altitued.
- blister bandaids or moleskin
- eye drops
- advil cold and dinus
- nasal moisturizer – altitude causes nasal cavities to be very dry, nasal moisturizer was very helpful.
- tiger balm
TERMS & CONDITIONS : http://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (Watsapp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organised by :
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160