Mount Korbu is a mountain in Hulu Kinta, Perak, Malaysia, about 25 km from Ipoh. It is the highest peak of the Titiwangsa Mountains, the southernmost section of the Tenasserim Hills. Mount Korbu is also the second highest mountain in Peninsular Malaysia, standing at 2,183 meters.
Mount Korbu (2183m.a.s.l)
Mount Gayong is the fourth highest mountain in the Malay Peninsula, at 2,173 meters. It can be reached in about an hour’s trek from the peak of Mount Korbu, the second highest mountain in Peninsular Malaysia.
Mount Gayong (2173m.a.s.l)
- G7 Ranking : 2ND & 4th Highest Peak in Peninsular Malaysia
- Location : Titiwangsa Main Range, Perak
- Nearest Town : Ipoh (23KM away from DAM Sultan Azlan Shah)
- Final Preparation Area : Masjid Ulu Kinta
- Trail Head : DAM Sultan Azlan Shah
- Route (RETURN) : DAM Sultan Azlan Shah – Seroja Waterfall – Camp Seroja – Camp Kijang – Botak Hill – Korbu Raya – Chuban Summit – Korbu Summit – Gayung Summit
- Trail Length : 22 KM (Trail) One Way
- Ascent : 500m – 2171m
- Terrain : Mossy Forest, Muddy Steep Terrain, River Crossing, Uphill & Downhill, Dry to Muddy
- Trails, Root Clambering
- Forest Type : Mix Forest
- Weather : Fair Weather mostly, switching to Tropical Storms at anytime
- Climate : Hot, Wet & Humid during the day and Cold at night
- Campsites with H20 : Seroja Waterfall, Camp Seroja, Camp Kijang
- Last Water Point : 1.5hr from Camp Kijang – CP Last Water Point
- Scenic Rating : 7.5/10 (10/10 being awesome)
- Cellular Network : Poor to Medium Coverage at the summit for CELCOM,MAXIS & DIGI
- Duration + Difficulty : 6/10 @ 4D/3N (1 being easy and 10 being very difficult) 7/10
EVENT DATE: 10 April – 14 April 2024
EVENT DURATION: 4Days4Nights Trip
Meetup Place: Marsiling MRT BUS STOP (near Maxi Cash)
Meetup Time: 08.00pm (Please note we will depart 08:00PM on 10 April 2024)
SGTREK MEMBERS: SGD525/Pax
(*Minimum group of 7pax and above. Guides Ratio groups of 7pax)
*All camping Tents and ration will be shared to the participants. You will need to carry your tent and ration on own. If anyone wish to engage personal porters can contact us.
- Full payment needed to confirm the booking.
- Event registration closes 1month before event date or before the event gets full.
- Do check you have a valid passport/Expiry date for the event, as passport copy will be needed to apply permits.
- Once the event permits are applied, event cost is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Advised to get travel insurance once you book the event.
STAFF CONTACT: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
- Group size minimum 10-14pax – Transportation is Van
- Group size 21pax and above – Transportation is Coach
Day 1: Meetup and Drive to Merapoh
- 0800pm Meetup and briefing (Please note we will depart 08:00PM on 10 April 2024)
- Drive to trail head (few stops for breaks along the way)
Day 2: Meetup Guides / Start Hike
8.00am Empangan Sultan Azlan Shah & final check
9.00am Reach Starting Point – Briefing by Main Guider
1.00pm Waterfall – Lunchbreak
3.00pm Camp Seroja (Campsite) – Free & Easy Activity
Day 3: Hike to camp Mt. Korbu Peak (Campsite)
7.00am Breakfast & unpack
08.30am Start Trekking to Next Campsite (Mt. Korbu)
09.30am Kem Kinjang
11.00am Laast Waterpoint
12.30pm Botak Peak (Lunch Break)
4.00pm Mt. Korbu Peak (Campsite) – Free & Easy Activity
Day 4: Summit and Hike to Kem Seroja
7.30am Start Tracking to Mt. Gayung
8.30am Reach Mt. Gayung
9.30am Reach Campsite – Unpack
10.30am Start Trekking back to Kem Seroja (Campsite)
12.00pm Reach Botak Peak
1.00pm Reach Last Waterpoint – Lunchbreak
4.00pm Expected to reach Kem Seroja – Free & Easy – Dinner.
Day 5: End of Hike
7.00am Breakfast & unpack
8.30am Start Descent
1.00pm Expected To Reach Starting Point
- After the hike the transport will pick-up and drive back to Singapore
- Lunch/Dinner stop along the way (*at own cost)
- Estimated Arrival Singapore after midnight.
1) The above itinerary is dynamic and subject to change according to team progress & other components
2) Once the permit is applied there shall be no refund or transfer of the slot is allowed.
1) Professional Mountain Guides
2) 4WD Transfers (Return)
3) Camping Meals
4) Tent only (Sharing Basis)
5) e-Certification of climb
6) Permits, permission & reports to relevant authorities
7) Group and external radio communication
8) Expedition formulation and on-site management
9) 2Way Transport from Singapore
10) SGTREK Trek Leader
1) Group, personal, equipment, belongings, travel or other types of insurance coverage during expedition dates.
2) Personal camping equipment, sleeping bags, sleeping liners, Mat, etc.
3) Travel, meals, accommodation and other items not mentioned above prior and after the expedition
4) Emergency evacuation cost
5) Visa to Malaysia
6) Personal Medication
7) Meals other than specified in the itinerary
8) Travel insurance
9) Expedition porter (Carry Tents, Equipment & Ration)
Please note the following items to bring on your own:
- Backpack hike (50L-60L)
- Gloves/Hiking Poles
- Waterproof bags for Rain shelter
- Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom
- Warm clothes for night
- Raincoat or windbreaker
- 1 pair good shoe for hiking
- 1 sandal/slipper
- 1 Hand torchlight or headlamp
- Personal medication if any
- Energy Bars/Trail snacks etc.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160