Gunung Ulu Sepat, this mountain is in the remote around of Hutan Belum. This trek takes around 3Ddays 2Nights to complete for most hikers. You can find Orang Asli village along trek where you can shelter before ascending to the summit push.
Ulu Sepat (2161m.a.s.l)
- G7 Ranking: 7th Highest Peak in Peninsular Malaysia
- Location: Titiwangsa Main Range, Perak
- Nearest Town: Sg. Siput (25KM away from Kg. Bawong)
- Final Preparation Area: Kampung Bawong
- Trail Head: POS Lerlar
- Route (RETURN): Kampun Bawong – Pos Kemar – Pos Lerlar – Camp Y – Kampung Lenweng – Camp Sungai Lenweng – Summit
- Trail Length: about 61 KM (4WD) + 16 KM (Trail)
- Ascent: 500masl – 2161masl
- Terrain: Mossy Forest, Muddy Steep Terrain, River Crossing, Uphill & Downhill, Dry to Muddy
- Trails, Root Clambering
- Forest Type: Mix Forest
- Weather: Fair Weather mostly, switching to Tropical Storms at anytime
- Climate: Hot, Wet & Humid during the day and Cold at night
- Campsites with H20: Camp Y, Camp Lenweng
- Last Water Point: Camp Lenweng
- Scenic Rating: 6/10 (10/10 being awesome)
- Cellular Network: Poor to Medium Coverage at the summit for CELCOM, MAXIS & DIGI
- Duration + Difficulty: 6/10 @ 3D/3N (1 being easy and 10 being very difficult)
- 7/10 @ 2D/2N
EVENT DATE: 09 May – 12 May 2024
EVENT DURATION: 4Days3Nights Trip
Meetup Place: Marsiling MRT BUS STOP (near Maxi Cash)
Meetup Time: 08.00pm (Please note we will depart 08:00PM on 12 May 2024)
SGTREK MEMBERS: SGD450/Pax
(*Minimum group of 7pax and above. Guides Ratio groups of 7pax)
*All camping Tents and ration will be shared to the participants. You will need to carry your tent and ration on own. If anyone wish to engage personal porters can contact us.
- Full payment needed to confirm the booking.
- Event registration closes 1month before event date or before the event gets full.
- Do check you have a valid passport/Expiry date for the event, as passport copy will be needed to apply permits.
- Once the event permits are applied, event cost is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Advised to get travel insurance once you book the event.
STAFF CONTACT: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
- Group size minimum 10-14pax – Transportation is Van
- Group size 21pax and above – Transportation is Coach
Day 1: Meetup and Drive to trail head
- 0800pm Meetup and briefing (Please note we will depart 08:00PM on 12 May 2024)
- Drive to trail head (few stops for breaks along the way)
Day 2: Meetup Guides / Start Hike
- 0700: Breakfast, Last Preparation – Trip Briefing by Main Guider
- 0800: 4WD ride from Kg. Bawong
- 1100: Pos Khemar (mainly dirt terrain)
- 1130: Post Lelar
- 1200: Start hike from Pos Lelar
- 1330: Camp Y – Lunch break
- 1430: Continue Tracking – 1st river crossing – Kg Lenweng
- 1740: Camp Lenweng – Campsite Setup
- 2000: Dinner
Day 3: Ulu Sepat Summit
- 0800: Journey start to Summit
- 1000: False Peak – Mossy Forest
- 1200: Ulu Sepat Peak – Lunch
- 1300: Descent
- 1500: Reach Campsite
- 1900: Dinner
Day 4: End of Hike – Back to Singapore
- 0700: Breakfast – Camp Break
- 0900: Start tracking
- 1100: Camp Y
- 1230: Pos Lelar – Lunchbreak
- 1300: 4wd to Kampung Bawong
- 1600: Reach Kampung Bawong – End of Expedition
- After the hike the transport will pick-up and drive back to Singapore
- Lunch/Dinner stop along the way (*at own cost)
- Estimated Arrival Singapore after midnight.
1) The above itinerary is dynamic and subject to change according to team progress & other components
2) Once the permit is applied there shall be no refund or transfer of the slot is allowed.
1) Professional Mountain Guides
2) 4WD Transfers (Return)
3) Camping Meals
4) Tent only (Sharing Basis)
5) e-Certification of climb
6) Permits, permission & reports to relevant authorities
7) Group and external radio communication
8) Expedition formulation and on-site management
9) 2Way Transport from Singapore
10) SGTREK Trek Leader
1) Group, personal, equipment, belongings, travel or other types of insurance coverage during expedition dates.
2) Personal camping equipment, sleeping bags, sleeping liners, Mat, etc.
3) Travel, meals, accommodation and other items not mentioned above prior and after the expedition
4) Emergency evacuation cost
5) Visa to Malaysia
6) Personal Medication
7) Meals other than specified in the itinerary
8) Travel insurance
9) Expedition porter (Carry Tents, Equipment & Ration)
Please note the following items to bring on your own:
- Backpack hike (50L-60L)
- Gloves/Hiking Poles
- Waterproof bags for Rain shelter
- Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom
- Warm clothes for night
- Raincoat or windbreaker
- 1 pair good shoe for hiking
- 1 sandal/slipper
- 1 Hand torchlight or headlamp
- Personal medication if any
- Energy Bars/Trail snacks etc.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160