Mount Yong Yap is a mountain located along the Perak and Kelantan state border in Peninsular Malaysia. At 2,168 m, it is the 6th highest point in Peninsular Malaysia. This mountain is part of the Titiwangsa Range which is an extension of the Tennaserim Range from Thailand.
Mount Yong Yap (2168m.a.s.l)
- G7 Ranking: 6th Highest Peak in Peninsular Malaysia
- Location: Titiwangsa Main Range, Lojing, Gua Musang Kelantan
- Nearest Town: Brinchang (28 KM away from Lojing Mosque)
- Final Preparation Area: Lojing Mosque
- Trail Head: Kampung Sg Rengil
- Route (RETURN): Sg Rengil – Camp Y – Camp Agas – Camp Sungai Jeruk – Camp Balak Pecah – Summit
- Trail Length: 16 KM one way (give or take 100m)
- Ascent: 1300m – 2168 m
- Elevation Gain / Loss: 2500 m
- Terrain: Logging Trail, River Crossing, Uphill & Downhill, Dry to Muddy Trails,
- Root Clambering
- Forest Type: Upper Montane Forest
- Weather: Fair Weather mostly, switching to Tropical Storms at anytime
- Climate: Hot, Wet & Humid during the day and Cold at night
- Campsites with H20: Camp Y, Camp Agas, Camp Sungai Jeruk
- Last Water Point: Last Waterpoint after Camp Balak Pecah
- Scenic Rating: 7/10 (10/10 being awesome)
- Cellular Network: Poor to Medium Coverage at the Balak Pecah Camp for CELCOM, MAXIS & DIGI
- Duration + Difficulty: 6/10 @ 3D/3N (1 being easy and 10 being very difficult)
- : 7/10 @ 2D/2N
EVENT DATE: 30 April – 03 May 2024
EVENT DURATION: 4Days3Nights Trip
Meetup Place: Marsiling MRT BUS STOP (near Maxi Cash)
Meetup Time: 08.00pm (Please note we will depart 08:00PM on 30 April 2024)
SGTREK MEMBERS: SGD425/Pax
(*Minimum group of 7pax and above. Guides Ratio groups of 7pax)
*All camping Tents and ration will be shared to the participants. You will need to carry your tent and ration on own. If anyone wish to engage personal porters can contact us.
- Full payment needed to confirm the booking.
- Event registration closes 1month before event date or before the event gets full.
- Do check you have a valid passport/Expiry date for the event, as passport copy will be needed to apply permits.
- Once the event permits are applied, event cost is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Advised to get travel insurance once you book the event.
STAFF CONTACT: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
- Group size minimum 10-14pax – Transportation is Van
- Group size 21pax and above – Transportation is Coach
Day 1: Meetup and Drive to trail head
- 0800pm Meetup and briefing (Please note we will depart 08:00PM on 30 April 2024)
- Drive to trail head (few stops for breaks along the way)
Day 2: Meetup Guides / Start Hike
- 0800hrs Breakfast & Final Packing
- 0830hrs 4WD Ride to Kampung Sg. Rengil
- 0900hrs Start Ascent
- 1000hrs CP Y River
- 1300hrs Lunch break for 30 minutes
- 1700hrs Sweeper expected to reach camp Agas
Day 3: Yong Yap Summit
- 0700hrs Breakfast & Summit Attack Preparation
- 0800hrs Start Summit attempt
- 1300hrs Sweeper expected to reach the summit and lunch
- 1400hrs back to camp Agas
- 1800hrs Sweeper expected to reach Camp Agas
Day 4: End of Hike – Back to Singapore
- 0700hrs Breakfast & Break Camp Agas
- 0900hrs Start descent to Kampung Sg. Rengil
- 1300hrs Expected to Reach CP Y River – Lunch break for 30 minutes
- 1400hrs Hidden Waterfall
- 1600hrs Sweeper expected to reach Kampung Sg. Rengil
- After the hike the transport will pick-up and drive back to Singapore
- Lunch/Dinner stop along the way (*at own cost)
- Estimated Arrival Singapore after midnight.
1) The above itinerary is dynamic and subject to change according to team progress & other components
2) Once the permit is applied there shall be no refund or transfer of the slot is allowed.
1) Professional Mountain Guides
2) 4WD Transfers (Return)
3) Camping Meals
4) Tent only (Sharing Basis)
5) e-Certification of climb
6) Permits, permission & reports to relevant authorities
7) Group and external radio communication
8) Expedition formulation and on-site management
9) 2Way Transport from Singapore
10) SGTREK Trek Leader
1) Group, personal, equipment, belongings, travel or other types of insurance coverage during expedition dates.
2) Personal camping equipment, sleeping bags, sleeping liners, Mat, etc.
3) Travel, meals, accommodation and other items not mentioned above prior and after the expedition
4) Emergency evacuation cost
5) Visa to Malaysia
6) Personal Medication
7) Meals other than specified in the itinerary
8) Travel insurance
9) Expedition porter (Carry Tents, Equipment & Ration)
Please note the following items to bring on your own:
- Backpack hike (50L-60L)
- Gloves/Hiking Poles
- Waterproof bags for Rain shelter
- Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom
- Warm clothes for night
- Raincoat or windbreaker
- 1 pair good shoe for hiking
- 1 sandal/slipper
- 1 Hand torchlight or headlamp
- Personal medication if any
- Energy Bars/Trail snacks etc.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160