Gunung Chamah lies in the north-western corner of Kelantan and is the fifth highest mountain in Peninsular Malaysia. It is one of the Peninsula’s G7. Gunung in Malay literally means mountains with an elevation of 1,000 m and above.
Mount Chamah (2171m.a.s.l)
- G7 Ranking: 5th Highest Peak in Peninsular Malaysia
- Location: Titiwangsa Main Range, Kelantan
- Nearest Town: Gua Musang (23KM away from Kg. Kuala Betis)
- Final Preparation Area: Masjid Kuala Betis
- Trail Head : POS Simpoh – Kg Rekom
- Route (RETURN) : Kuala Betis – Pos Simpoh – Kg Rekom – Camp Pakma – Camp Tengah – Camp Tongkat Ali – Anak Chamah – Mt Chamah Summit
- Trail Length : about 50 KM (4WD) + 19 KM (Trail) One Way
- Ascent : 500m – 2171m
- Terrain : Mossy Forest, Muddy Steep Terrain, River Crossing, Uphill & Downhill, Dry to Muddy
- Trails, Root Clambering
- Forest Type : Mix Forest
- Weather : Fair Weather mostly, switching to Tropical Storms at anytime
- Climate : Hot, Wet & Humid during the day and Cold at night
- Campsites with H20 : Kg. Rekom, Camp Pakma , Camp Tengah , Camp Tongkat Ali
- Last Water Point : Camp Tongkat Ali
- Scenic Rating : 6/10 (10/10 being awesome)
- Cellular Network : Poor to Medium Coverage at the summit for CELCOM,MAXIS & DIGI
- Duration + Difficulty : 7/10 @ 3D/3N (1 being easy and 10 being very difficult)
- 8/10 @ 2D/2N
EVENT DATE: 23 May – 26 May 2024
EVENT DURATION: 4Days3Nights Trip
Meetup Place: Marsiling MRT BUS STOP (near Maxi Cash)
Meetup Time: 08.00pm (Please note we will depart 08:00PM on 23 May 2024)
SGTREK MEMBERS: SGD450/Pax
(*Minimum group of 7pax and above. Guides Ratio groups of 7pax)
*All camping Tents and ration will be shared to the participants. You will need to carry your tent and ration on own. If anyone wish to engage personal porters can contact us.
- Full payment needed to confirm the booking.
- Event registration closes 1month before event date or before the event gets full.
- Do check you have a valid passport/Expiry date for the event, as passport copy will be needed to apply permits.
- Once the event permits are applied, event cost is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Advised to get travel insurance once you book the event.
STAFF CONTACT: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
- Group size minimum 10-14pax – Transportation is Van
- Group size 21pax and above – Transportation is Coach
Day 1: Meetup and Drive to trail head
- 0800pm Meetup and briefing (Please note we will depart 08:00PM on 23 May 2024)
- Drive to trail head (few stops for breaks along the way)
Day 2: Meetup Guides / Start Hike
- 0700hrs Breakfast, Last Preparation – Trip Briefing by Main Guider
- 0800hrs 4WD ride from Pos Simpoh
- 1230hrs Pos Simpoh (mainly dirt terrain)
- 1330hrs Lunch break – Start Ascent
- 1700hrs 1st river crossing – Kg Rekom
- 1800hrs Camp Pakma (Campsite)
- 2000hrs Dinner
Day 3: Chamah Summit
- 0400hrs Breakfast 0500hrs Camp Pakma -Start Trekking
- 0600hrs Camp Tengah (water source)
- 0715hrs Camp Tongkat Ali (LWP – Last Water Point)
- 0845hrs Anak Chamah
- 1145hrs Gunung Chamah Summit – Lunch
- 1300hrs Gunung Chamah Summit Start Descent
- 1600hrs Anak Chamah
- 1730hrs Camp Tongkat Ali (LWP – Last Water Point)
- 1845hrs Camp Tengah (water source)
- 1930hrs Camp Pakma (dinner and rest) (water source)
Day 4: End of Hike – Back to Singapore
- 0600: Breakfast – Camp Break
- 0730: Start tracking
- 0800: Kg Rekom
- 1230: Pos Simpoh– Lunchbreak
- 1300: 4wd to Kuala Betis
- 1700: Kuala Betis
- After the hike the transport will pick-up and drive back to Singapore
- Lunch/Dinner stop along the way (*at own cost)
- Estimated Arrival Singapore after midnight.
1) The above itinerary is dynamic and subject to change according to team progress & other components
2) Once the permit is applied there shall be no refund or transfer of the slot is allowed.
1) Professional Mountain Guides
2) 4WD Transfers (Return)
3) Camping Meals
4) Tent only (Sharing Basis)
5) e-Certification of climb
6) Permits, permission & reports to relevant authorities
7) Group and external radio communication
8) Expedition formulation and on-site management
9) 2Way Transport from Singapore
10) SGTREK Trek Leader
1) Group, personal, equipment, belongings, travel or other types of insurance coverage during expedition dates.
2) Personal camping equipment, sleeping bags, sleeping liners, Mat, etc.
3) Travel, meals, accommodation and other items not mentioned above prior and after the expedition
4) Emergency evacuation cost
5) Visa to Malaysia
6) Personal Medication
7) Meals other than specified in the itinerary
8) Travel insurance
9) Expedition porter (Carry Tents, Equipment & Ration)
Please note the following items to bring on your own:
- Backpack hike (50L-60L)
- Gloves/Hiking Poles
- Waterproof bags for Rain shelter
- Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom
- Warm clothes for night
- Raincoat or windbreaker
- 1 pair good shoe for hiking
- 1 sandal/slipper
- 1 Hand torchlight or headlamp
- Personal medication if any
- Energy Bars/Trail snacks etc.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160