Manaslu Circuit Trek is one of the least trodden trails in Nepal in comparison to Annapurna Base Camp and Everest Base Camp which eventually leads to the Base Camp of the Eight Highest Peak of the world, Mount Manaslu (8,163m). This remotely exquisite path lies in the northern part of the Gorkha district of Gandaki Province, Nepal. The name ‘Manaslu’ has a spiritual meaning which implies “Mountain of The Spirit” in Sanskrit where one can experience some of the astonishing sights of several sky-towering mountains and diversified Hindu-Buddhist culture and lifestyle. The trek undoubtedly bestows lavishly sensational sight of Budi Gandaki River and highly demanding Larkya La Pass which is elevated at 5,125 meters. The trail is the ancient salt trading route that passes along the Budi Gandaki River. Moreover, trekkers can glance at more than 10 peaks over 6500m on the way.
*Get an exclusive SGTREK Duffle bag when you sign up for this trek.
- Deposit $1000/Pax for booking this tour.
- Final Balance Payment by 6months before to the event date.
VACCINATION AND COVID19 REGULATIONS
- All participants need to be vaccinated to join this event.
- Pre and Post covid19 test need to be paid by clients in Singapore and Nepal if needed.
- Get Covid19 Travel Insurance coverage to protect yourself / Travel Insurance also needed which covers mountaineering up to 6000m.
STAFF CONTACT NO:
Do contact VIJAY +6592700908(WHATSAPP) or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also can customize this trek based on your dates.
TRIP DURATION: 15Days 14Nights
- 12 Apr – 26 April 2024
- 10 May – 24 May 2024
- 13 Sep – 27 Sep 2024
- 11 Oct – 25 Oct 2024
- 08 Nov – 22 Nov 2024
Group of 2Pax Above: SGD1880/Pax (*SGTREK MEMBERS SGD1800/Pax)
*Book in group of 2Pax or above: Get $150/Pax Discount – offer valid till 30Sep2023
*Single supplement prices applicable. You can check with us for more details on the cost while booking if you are a solo traveler.
Event Grading: Moderate
*For those who wish to engage personal porters’ Additional porter cost. Do make the porter reservation while booking for the event.
Arrive in Kathmandu as per the itinerary and update us of your arrival flight details to Kathmandu Airport.
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu (1320m).
Our representative will be at the airport with your name card. Once you grab him you will be heartily welcomed by him putting garland on your neck which means welcome to Nepal. Then you will be driven to the hotel by car. Rest and enjoy the day around the town.
Hotel in Kathmandu – B
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley sightseeing and shopping.
Trek preparation and sightseeing. Today need to make special permits. Need your original passport to have a restricted area permit.
Hotel in Kathmandu – B
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Machha Khola (900m) about 9 hours.
Today we took a long drive by local bus to Maccha Khola. This is an interesting drive throughout highway and off road. Until Arughat we drive paved road after that we take off road uphill and downhill. During our driving we will stop for lunch in local restaurant for Daal Bhat, noodle soup or fried noodle.
Tea House in Machha Khola- B, L, D
Day 04: Trek from Machha Khola to Jagat (1410m) about 7 hours.
After breakfast we again follow narrow trails which make some up and down, after crossing Tharo Khola we reach Khorlabesi. Then we walk some more up and down to Tatopani (hot spring) where we can take quick wash. The trail diverts to the left bank of river by crossing the suspension bridge over Budhi Gandaki. After that the trails lead toward to jagat.
Tea house in Jagat- B, L, D
Day 05: Trek from Jagat to Deng (1804m) about 7 hours.
At the beginning of the day start uphill to the rocky ridge to Salleri and descend to Setibas. The valley takes you to the suspension bridge and climb up to Philim, which is a big Gurung village. After crossing the Budhi Gandaki, the trail leads the west bank. We continue through the trail the valley widens and we pass through bamboo forests to the Deng Khola. Upon crossing the Khola, we reach the tiny village of Deng.
Tea House in Deng- B, L, D
Day 06: Trek from Deng to Namrung (2630m) about 7 hours.
After morning breakfast, we cross the Budhi Gandaki after a short walk from Deng and follow the north bank and then climb to Rana at 1980m. Then head west up the Budhi Gandaki valley. Cossing various streams and rivers we drop into the Sringi Valley. Ater few ups and downs in forests by passing many mani walls. Then we headed to Prok village from where we could see a stunning view of Siringi Himal. We cross the River many times with monasteries en route. After a few ups and down and at end steepy up we arrive at Namrung.
Tea house in Namrung- B, L, D
Day 07: Trek from Namrung to Sama Gaon (3530m) about 7 hours.
After early morning stunning view of Mt Ganesh Himal, Mt siringi and Mt Himal Chuli on the south we head toward Samagaon. We climb up and pass through the forest and arrive Lihi where we can observe many Chortens and beautiful barley terrace fields. We pass through Lho and Shyala village during our walk. From Lho we could see a picturesque view of Mt. Manasalu. Furhter more to Samagaon we can see Glaciers and other mountains as well.
Tea House in Samagaon- B, L, D
Day 08: Rest and acclimatization at Samagaon.
We will walk around the village and visit monastery which is Buddhist monastery where you can visit. We can see the rich Sherpa culture in this village. We can hike up the ridge for the views of the mountains and the village.
Tea House in Samagaon- B, L, D
Day 09: Trek from Samagaon to Samdo (3860m) about 5 hours.
The trail drops down to the Budhi Gandaki River to cross the side stream. The trail leads towards the north and follows a bridge over the side. The Larkya la Trail passes several mani walls as the valley becomes too wider. It is an easy walk through the juniper and birch forests of Kermo Kharka. Then cross the Budhi Gandaki on a wooden bridge and climb steeply onto a promontory between two forks of the river. From a stone arch we can see a large white kani which we do have to cross to get Samdo. If you have extra day, we can enjoy hiking to Tibet border and rest again at Samdo.
Tea House in Samdo- B, L, D
Day 10: Acclimatization day at Samdo (3860m) about 7 hours.
Today we have another acclimatization day as we do day excursion to Tibet border with pack lunch. A beautiful place to see Tibet side with long day hike and in the late afternoon back to Samdo for overnight.
Tea House in Samdo- B, L, D
Day 11: Trek from Samdo to Dharamshala or Larkya la B.C. (4460m) about 5 hours.
The trails lead st down to the Budhi Gandaki River to cross the wooden bridge. After a short walk through the valley the trail leads up to the Larkya Phedi. It is also called Dharmasala because there is a huge stone a kind of Shelter. Evening walk around the hill to get acclimatize and overnight at Larkya rest house.
Tea House in Larkya La B.C. – B, L, D
Day 12: Trek from Larkya la B.C. to Bhimthang (3720m/12201ft) via Larkya pass (5160m/16924ft) about 9 hours.
Today is the big and tough day of trekking. After a short climb we reached north side of Larkya glacier. We walk across the moraines of the glacier and a gradual ascent which becomes steeper only in the last section to get to the pass. From the top of the pass, we can see gorgeous views of Himlung Himal, Cheo Himal, Kangguru and the huge Annapurna II. From the pass we steeply all the way down to Bhimthang.
Tea House in Bhimthang – B, L, D
Day 13: Trek from Bhimthang to Dharapani (1963m) about 8 hours.
The trail descends into a rhododendron forest towards a narrow valley until we reach the highest cultivated land in this valley at Karche (2785m). On the way one can enjoy the view of Manaslu, Annapurna and many more mountains. From here we cross a slide, then go across fields before making a steep climb over a ridge. Then after the trail continued through the fields, over a stream, passing through the houses and fields interspersed with rhododendron and oak forests to Tilje. Then we walk further to Dharapani Annapurna circuit section.
Tea House in Dharapani- B, L, D
Day 14: Drive from Dharapani to Kathmandu about 9 hours.
Today we drove by local jeep to Besisahar then drive to Kathmandu today. Rest, leisure and shop. In the evening we will have farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program.
Hotel in kathmandu- B, D
Day 15: Fare well Day.
Our agency’s representative will greet you at your hotel and offer you a Khada (a kind of cloth which is worn on your neck). Wearing Khada means good luck and protection. Afterwards you will be taken to the airport. See you next time.
Note: B = Breakfast, L = Lunch and D = Dinner
The above itinerary can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements. Please let us know whether you would like to make a shorter or longer. We will follow accordingly.
- Transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as per itinerary by private vehicle.
- 3 meals per day during the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner) including a cup of coffee and tea.
- Accommodation in tea houses as per itinerary during the trek.
- Accommodation including breakfast at 3-star hotels in Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- A Professional trekking guide and require porters (*Porter carry a max load of 12Kg backpack per client)
- Special permits for Manaslu circuit.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Government / Local taxes, Tourist service charge, guide / porter insurance and salary, general equipment, national park and conservation area fees.
- Respective region (Manaslu) trekking map. TIMS Card & Trek Permit
- Trekking Registration Certificate (TRC).
- International airfares
- International Airport Departure Tax.
- Trekking Equipment
- Major meals, lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Entry Visa fees – at present $30 for 15 days, US$ 50 for 30 day, and US$ 140 for three month visa on entry into Nepal.
- Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects. We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance.
- Tips & Gratuities
THINGS TO CHECK PRIOR TO THE TRIP:
Do check on your visa requirements based on your passports. Most of the passports are on arrival.
Visa Fee structure:
3.5.1. Visa Fee
- 15 Days – 30 USD
- 30 Days – 50 USD
- 90 Days – 125 USD
Visa Facility Fee
NECESSARY THINGS NEEDED:
- Passport size photos: 2pcs
- Passport Photocopy; 2pcs
- Travel Insurance Photo Copy (Policy no. & Contact No.) – Must cover adventure sports around 5500M evacuation.
- Local currency
LIST OF EQUIPMENT AND CLOTHING
- Down or fiber filled waterproof jacket and trousers (1)
- Lightweight cotton long pants (3 pairs)
- Fleece jacket or pullover (1)
- Warm cotton trousers (2 pairs)
- Shirts and T-shirts (4 pieces).
- Long under wear (2 pieces)
- Short under wear (4 pieces)
- Sun hat or scarf (1)
- Woolen hat (1)
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof (1)
- Lightweight gloves (1)
- Sunglasses (1)
- Rain coat (1)
- Head Scrap
- Trekking boot (one pairs)
- Camp shoes (1 pair)
- Thick socks (4 pairs)
- Light socks (3 pairs)
- Sandals (1 pair)
- Sleeping bag (4seasons)-1 if you have can bring for hygienic
- Down jacket -1
- Daypack – 1
- Water bottle – 1
- Sun creams
- Hiking Poles
- Thermos Flask
- Bright Headlamps/Spare batteries
- Tea – you can boil water in teahouses.
- dairy milk bars – chocolate is a must!
- trail mix and peanuts
- Vicks vapor rub
- anti nauseant – you tend to feel just a bit nauseaus a lot at altitude.
- immodium – diarrhea is common at altitued.
- blister bandaids or moleskin
- eye drops
- advil cold and dinus
- nasal moisturizer – altitude causes nasal cavities to be very dry, nasal moisturizer was very helpful.
- tiger balm.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160