The Mardi Himal Trek is a newly opened route and hidden treasure in the Annapurna region. Mardi Himal trek offers imaging view of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchre and Manaslu ranges. Mardi Himal base camp, Siding village and Lwang are the major attractions of this trek. The trek was officially opened in 2012 and is still pristine. There are limited teahouses with basic facilities. This is a short, relatively easy and unspoiled trek not far from Pokhara. Yet it is highly diverse with cultural insight, beautiful forest walks and alpine landscape. As the trail mostly stays along the ridge, the altitude gain becomes more gradual.
*Get an exclusive SGTREK Duffle bag when you sign up for this trek.
- Deposit $500/Pax for booking this tour.
- Final Balance Payment by 6months before to the event date.
VACCINATION AND COVID19 REGULATIONS
- All participants need to be vaccinated to join this event.
- Pre and Post covid19 test need to be paid by clients in Singapore and Nepal if needed.
- Get Covid19 Travel Insurance coverage to protect yourself / Travel Insurance also needed which covers mountaineering up to 6000m.
STAFF CONTACT NO:
Do contact VIJAY +6592700908(WHATSAPP) or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also can customize this trek based on your dates.
TRIP DURATION: 10Days 09Nights
- 01 Mar – 10 Mar 2024
- 22 Mar – 31 Mar 2024
- 05 Apr – 14 Apr 2024
- 19 Apr – 28 Apr 2024
- 03 May – 12 May 2024
- 17 May – 26 May 2024
- 06 Sep – 15 Sep 2024
- 20 Sep – 29 Sep 2024
- 04 Oct – 13 Oct 2024
- 18 Oct – 27 Oct 2024
- 01 Nov – 10 Nov 2024
- 15 Nov – 24 Nov 2024
- 06 Dec – 15 Dec 2024
Group of 2Pax Above: SGD980/Pax (*SGTREK MEMBERS SGD900/Pax)
*Book in group of 2Pax or above: Get $150/Pax Discount – offer valid till 30Sep2023
*Single supplement prices applicable. You can check with us for more details on the cost while booking if you are a solo traveler.
Event Grading: Moderate
*For those who wish to engage personal porters’ Additional porter cost. Do make the porter reservation while booking for the event.
Arrive in Kathmandu as per the itinerary and update us of your arrival flight details to Kathmandu Airport.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
Upon our arrival in Kathmandu, a representative from Third Eye Adventure will pick up from the airport and take to the Hotel. In the afternoon, we may take a rest or visit Third Eye Adventure’s office. Do shop trekking gear in Thamel.
Hotel in Kathmandu- B
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara (823m): 7 hours
Early morning, we will drive to Pokhara. It is 7 hours’ drive. The drive will be along the bank of River with a fantastic view. Once we reach Pokhara we can take a short walk on Fewa Lake and can do some shopping.
Hotel in Pokhara – B
Day 03: Drive to Phedi and trek to Pothana or Deurali 4-5 hour (2100m)
Early morning after breakfast we drive to Phedi (45 minutes) and start the trek. From Phedi, we trek to all the way up to Dhampus passing by big Gurung village where you can experience local culture and village lifestyle then straight and gradually up to Pothana.
Tea House in Pothana – B, L, D
Day 04: Pothana to Forest Camp (2,600m) – 4 – 5 hours
From Landruk you walk up to a place called Pitam Deurali where you will turn off the main Annapurna Sanctuary trek and continue along a quiet trail through a dense forest of oak, maple, hemlock and rhododendron. Tonight, we will stay at one of the lodges in a clearing of the forest at Forest Camp or also known by the locals as Kokar. The lodges at Kokar are quite basic and there is no dining room so you will probably have meals in kitchen with the owner, so in some ways this is more like a home stay and is a good opportunity to get to know this friendly family from Siding village.
Tea House in Forest Camp- B, L, D
Day 05: Trek to High Camp (3,700m) – 6 hours trekking.
An hour or so above Low Camp the trail breaks out above tree line and towards the west there is a good view to Annapurna South and Hiunchuli. The trail continues along the Mardi Himal ridge mainly on grass with some isolated rhododendron bushes along the way. Look out for the colourful Danphe pheasant on this section of the trail. The lodge at High Camp is larger than lodges at Low Camp and Forest Camp, this one has eight rooms and a separate dining room with heater. The view from the lodge is superb to Annapurna South, Hiunchuli and Machhapuchhre (Fishtail).
Tea House in High Camp- B, L, D
Day 06: Excursion to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4,500m) – 4 hours trekking.
The plan for today is to wake early for sunrise view of the mountains then after an early breakfast walk up the ridge towards Mardi Himal Base Camp. There is a well-established trail through the grass with a couple of steeper sections, however overall, not too challenging. Look out for the dzokpo (yak/ cow crossbreds) grazing up here as well as Danphe pheasant. In the summer the sheep and goats from lower villages are brought up to graze in this area so you will pass a number of herder’s huts along the way. After three hours you should reach Base Camp at the elevation of 4500m this is where one can look into the Annapurna Sanctuary and the panorama view is spectacular looking at south face of Annapurna and all of the peaks in the Sanctuary as well as Hiunchuli and Machhapuchhre (Fishtail).
Tea House in High Camp- B, L, D
Day 07: Trek to Siding village (1,750m) -6 hours walking.
On the way back we take a different route so completing a circuit, from Low Camp there is a trail that goes down to Siding village rather than going back down Mardi Himal back to Kokar. Siding is a traditional Nepalese village and still very much away from the busier modern tourist treks and it is likely you will stay at a homestay in Siding owned by the person who runs one of the lodges at Low Camp. It is a wonderful cultural experience finding out more about village life and you will probably eat dhal baht in the evening with the family in their kitchen.
Tea House in Siding- B, L, D
Day 08: Trek to Lumre and drive to Pokhara- 3 hours walking and 2 hours driving.
From Siding you walk out to the road head at Lumre, on the way from Siding you will pass the villages of Kalimati and Ghalel. From Lumre you drive back to Pokhara
Hotel in Pokhara- B, L
Day 09: Drive back to Kathmandu by tourist bus.
Today we will drive back to Kathmandu from Pokhara by private van. After reaching Kathmandu can do some shopping rest.
Hotel in Kathmandu – B
Day 10: Fly back to home country.
Our agency’s representative will put you Khada (a kind of cloth which is used to wear on your neck). Wearing Khada means good luck and protection. And drop you at the airport. See you next time.
Note: B = Breakfast, L = Lunch and D = Dinner
The above itinerary can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements. Please let us know whether you would like to make a shorter or longer. We will follow accordingly.
- All the Ground Transportation from airport picks up to airport drop all by private vehicle.
- 2 nights Hotel in Kathmandu in twin sharing basis
- 2 nights Hotel in Pokhara in twin sharing basis
- All Meals during trekking days, 6 days (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) as indicated by the itinerary.
- All Accommodation from day 1 to day 10 in twin sharing basis
- All trekking and climbing related permit & fees, (Entry Permit Annapurna conservation fees and TIMS Card).
- A Professional trekking guide and require porters (*Porter carry a max load of 12Kg backpack per client)
- A comprehensive medical kit
- Sleeping bags (to be return after trek)
- All government and local taxes for Trekking
- Guide& porter’s insurance.
- Trekking/climbing certificate.
- International air fare to/ from Nepal
- Entry Visa fees – at present $30 for 15 days, US$ 50 for 30 days, and US$ 120 for three-month visa on entry into Nepal.
- Major foods (Lunch and Dinner) in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Insurance covers medical, emergency evacuation, loss, theft expenses.
- Drinks: both alcoholic and bottled other than sterilized drinking water.
- Laundry fees
- Battery charge, WI-FI and hot shower during the trekking
- Personal gear and expenses
- Tips and gratitude provided to staff.
THINGS TO CHECK PRIOR TO THE TRIP:
Do check on your visa requirements based on your passports. Most of the passports are on arrival.
Visa Fee structure:
3.5.1. Visa Fee
- 15 Days – 30 USD
- 30 Days – 50 USD
- 90 Days – 125 USD
Visa Facility Fee
NECESSARY THINGS NEEDED:
- Passport size photos: 2pcs
- Passport Photocopy; 2pcs
- Travel Insurance Photo Copy (Policy no. & Contact No.) – Must cover adventure sports around 5500M evacuation.
- Local currency
LIST OF EQUIPMENT AND CLOTHING
- Down or fiber filled waterproof jacket and trousers (1)
- Lightweight cotton long pants (3 pairs)
- Fleece jacket or pullover (1)
- Warm cotton trousers (2 pairs)
- Shirts and T-shirts (4 pieces).
- Long under wear (2 pieces)
- Short under wear (4 pieces)
- Sun hat or scarf (1)
- Woolen hat (1)
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof (1)
- Lightweight gloves (1)
- Sunglasses (1)
- Rain coat (1)
- Head Scrap
- Trekking boot (one pairs)
- Camp shoes (1 pair)
- Thick socks (4 pairs)
- Light socks (3 pairs)
- Sandals (1 pair)
- Sleeping bag (4seasons)-1 if you have can bring for hygienic
- Down jacket -1
- Daypack – 1
- Water bottle – 1
- Sun creams
- Hiking Poles
- Thermos Flask
- Bright Headlamps/Spare batteries
- Tea – you can boil water in teahouses.
- dairy milk bars – chocolate is a must!
- trail mix and peanuts
- Vicks vapor rub
- anti nauseant – you tend to feel just a bit nauseaus a lot at altitude.
- immodium – diarrhea is common at altitued.
- blister bandaids or moleskin
- eye drops
- advil cold and dinus
- nasal moisturizer – altitude causes nasal cavities to be very dry, nasal moisturizer was very helpful.
- tiger balm.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160