Toubkal or Tubkal is a mountain peak in southwestern Morocco, located in the Toubkal National Park. At 4,167 metres, it is the highest peak in the Atlas Mountains, Morocco, North Africa and the Arab World.
All through some days of moderately rugged walking, we discover the wasteland of Morocco’s mountains, stay with the hardy and hospitable Berber people and challenge an ascent of Mount Toubkal, the highest peak in North Africa. Mules carry our food, equipment and personal gear.
Tour Duration: 8D7N
Style: Villages, Nature & Adventure trek
Starts in: Marrakech
Ends in: Marrakech
- 4-6Pax: SGD725/Pax
- 8-9Pax: SGD625/Pax
- 10Pax and Above: SGD580/Pax
Day 1 : Marrakech arrival.
Arrive in Marrakech Airport and transfer to your hotel just 2 minutes walk from the focal point of the city, the remarkable central Square of the Djemaa-el-Fna.
Night in hotel.
Day 2: Marrakech to Oukaimeden to Tachddirt.
Morning e departure and drive across the Haouz plain and up to Oukaimeden(2,668m). En route, from the dusty scrub, palm, citrus and olive plantations, you pass through a landscape that supports a thriving rural community, as their extensive cultivations and terraced fields indicate. This has been the result of centuries of laborious irrigation by the Berbers. Oukaimeden mixes the traditional and modern. This is Morocco’s premier Ski resort in winter, but when you visit it there will be sheep and goats grazing on the ski runs.
Her We meet up with our team of muleteers.
After a break, we take a track walk to reach the Tizi-nou Addi pass (2957m).
After a picnic lunch by the river we continue to Tizi top here is a steep descent through crags to the classic Berber village of Tacheddirt, here we stay either at the Refuge (5-6 hours approx).
Day 3: Tachddirt – Tzi n’lkemt – Tizi n’ourai.
Departing early in the morning we have a long climb to Tizi n’lkemt (3550m), passing shepherds with their flocks of sheep and goats. We have lunch at 2450m and after, we continue to our camp at the foot of Tizi N’Ourai (2900m). 6.30 hours of trek
Day 4: Tizi n’ourai – Amzouzart village.
After Crossing a Col which is3200m high, we follow watershed till the Assif Ouraï then the Col Tizi, that is 3120m high, to swing over the village of Amzouzart. Night in transit accommodation. 6 to 7 hours trek.
Day 5: Amzouzart village – Imhiln – Lake Ifni.
After breakfast, today’s hike is shorter than the previous days’, for tomorrow and the day after are reasonably tough going. We strike out south up the valley of the Assif Izli, through the villages of Abtraoui, Takaterte and Imhilene until we arrive at Lake Ifni, (2295m) after some 4 hours where we’ll stop for our picnic in the midst of quiet waters and steep slopes of the looming mountains. Here we set up camp whilst you stroll around the lakeshore or, according to the season, take a welcome swim whilst our evening’s meal is being prepared.
Day 6: Lake Ifni – Tizi n’ouannoums – toubkal refuge.
Breakfasted and refreshed, we set out towards the north west up to the difficult col of the Tizi n’Ounoums (2841m) . Once through the pass we stop for a picnic amongst awesome surroundings of the Toubkal Massif. From here we’ll continue directly to the Toubkal (ex-Neltner) Refuge (3207m) where we can either bivouac on the surrounding slopes or overnight in the Refuge. The Refuge establishes the spring snow level. Whilst tonight’s dinner is being prepared, there’ll be ample opportunity to stroll around the area and look at tomorrow’s challenge – the summit of the highest Jbel in the Maghreb.
Day 7: toubkal refuge – toubkal peak – sidi chamharouch – Aremd – Marrakech
We ascend Toubkal (4167m) by the North route . taking in great views of the Anti Atlas and the villages of Armed and Imlil on the way. Descending by another route to neltner refuge.
A new descent to Sidi shamharoush, a hermitage which is frequented by pilgrims coming from the four corners of the kingdom. We go on with aremd, a Four-hours descent to meet our transport back to Marrakech. Night in your hotel.
Day 8 : Airport Transfer
After morning breakfast free and easy. Check out from the hotel and airport transfer.
End of the trip.
Included in the price:
* Transfers by minibus(marrakech airport >>> Riad in marrakech)
* Transfers by minibus (Marrakech >>> High Atlas mountains)
* Transfers by minibus (Atlas mountain >>> Marrakech)
* Transfers back by minibus(Riad in marrakech >>> marrakech airport)
* Riad reservation for 2 nights in Marrakech.(with breakfast).
* A Berber mountain guide.
* Mules to carry your baggage and food.
* Cook and muleteer team.
* Camping equipments
* Berber guest houses and refuges.
* All food on trek
Not included in the price:
– International Flights
– Visa to Morocco
– Tips and gratitudes for the local staff
– All drinks. (Mineral water, lemonade)
– Any expenditure of a personal nature.
– Meals in Marrakech.
– Personal Expenses
– Personal Medication
– Meals other than specified in the itinerary
By Joining this trip YOU :
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS : https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: http://www.sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160