Mount Elbrus is the highest peak in the Caucasus and in Europe, and one of the famous Seven Summits. It is the highest mountain in Europe, and the tenth most prominent peak in the world. A dormant volcano, Elbrus is in the Caucasus Mountains in Southern Russia, near the border with Georgia. Elbrus has two summits, both of which are dormant volcanic domes.
We do have fixed schedule for the month of Jun, July,Aug 2019. We can also arrange private expedition based on your dates. You can contact us.
Expedition Cost: SGD1300/pax
THE FIXED Departure dates:
- 7-14 JUN 2019
- 14- 21 JUN 2019
- 21 – 28 JUN 2019
- 28 JUN- 5 JULY 2019
- 5 JULY- 12 JULY 2019
- 12 JULY- 19 JULY 2019
- 19 JULY- 26 JULY 2019
- 26 JULY- 5 AUGUST 2019
- 10 AUGUST- 17 AUGUST 2019
Day 1 Arrive to Mineralny Vody transfer to Azay (Hotel)
Day 2 Acclimatization walk to Cheget or Mir (3500m), back to hotel
Day 3 Trek to the Diesel Barrels (bochki) – (3900m).
Day 4 Acclimatization to Pastukhova Rocks (4800m), back to bochki.
Day 5 Acclimatization
Day 6 Rest day
Day 7 Summit Day
Day 8 Descent to Terskol (hotel)
Day 9 Transfer to Minerlnye Vody fly back to home.
What is included in this tour?
- Invitation Letter to Russia
- Return Transfer Min Vody to Azay, Azay to Min Vody.
- Accommodation Hotel in Azay 3 night & Hut 5 nights.
- All meals in Hut during the climbing period
- All permits & Registrations in Terskol.
- Group equipment (ropes, Ices crews)
- All transfers, Taxi,
What’s not included in this tour.
- Additional Summit attempts.
- Single occupancy supplement. Available on prior request.
- Snowcats and snowmobiles.
- Rental of personal equipment.
- An extra night’s at the hotel that were not planned by the program:
For example, if you decide to descend down earlier than planned.
- Available for a small fee.
- Additional Mountain Guides.
- Additional and individual transfers from /or to the airport: You might need it in case if your flight arrives later than the time when our group transfer departs from the airport, or if your return flight departs later than the time to which our group transfer goes to the airport.
- Additional use of the ski-lifts.
- Alcohol drinks.
- Any changes in the standard program which lead to additional expenses.
Technical Gear List:
- High mountain boots for use with crampons (double or insulated)
- Crampons (Crampons must check fit with climbing boots prior to trip)
- Ice axe (Ice axe with a leash. Light weight)
- Climbing harness (Alpine climbing harness. Should have adjustable leg loops and fit over all clothing)
- Sunglasses (Glacier glasses 100% UV protection with side shields or very good sunglasses with wrap around coverage)
- Ski goggles (For wind and snow during the bad weather conditions and summit day)
- Headlamp with new batteries
- Extra batteries
- 2 Locking and 2 non-locking carabiners. Larger is better for harness (pear shaped carabiner is the best, screw gate type recommended)
- Self-belay leash (2 meter sling or prusik cord)
- Trekking poles (Adjustable)
- Comfortable backpack for climbing (a minimum of 30 liters)
- Warm sleeping bag (down or synthetic sleeping bag rated to 0 F or -15 to C.)
- Bottle for water (1 liter wide-mouth Nalgene)
- Thermos (1 liter small stainless steel thermos)
- Personal crockery (knife, fork, spoon, mug)
- Small personal first aid kit (with your personal doctor recommended medications)
Clothing Gear List:
- Several various pairs of warm thermal socks
- 1-2 pair of liner socks (polypropylene or wool)
- 2-3 pair light weight trekking socks (polypropylene or wool)
- 2 pairs medium to heavy wool socks for the upper mountain, check boot fit with liner and wool socks on.
- Thermal underwear
- 2 long sleeve polypropylene or wool shirts lightweight, we highly recommend light colors for base layers.
- 2 pair lightweight to mid-weight long underwear bottoms.
- Trekking / Hiking pants. 2 pair pants. At least one pair should be simple nylon trekking pants for the walking on acclimatization days and relaxing.
- The second pair can also be nylon or light weight soft shell climbing pants for on the mountain.
- 1 pair nylon shorts for city days and base camp.
- 1 pair sandal’s (Optional but nice on warm days in Pyatigorsk and at the base of the mountain lodge)
- Fleece jackets. 1 Soft Shell or intermediate thickness fleece jacket or windshirt.
- Fleece pants. 1 pair fleece pants or light synthetic insulated pants.
- This is OPTIONAL for extra warmth on summit day and also on the lower mountain for Base Camp evenings.
- Down jacket. Down or Synthetic Sweater or Jacket or 300/400 weight Fleece Jacket.
- Essentially an additional mid-weight warm layer for cold days in your layering system.
- Usual warm clothes, in which you feel comfortable
- Gore-Tex Jacket(an effective waterproof and breathable fabric. The uppermost layer of your clothing) – Check out this link to see how it works!
- Gore-Tex Pants
- Several pairs of gloves (A minimum 1 pair of very warm gloves)
- Buff (bandana that protects you neck and face from the wind and snow)
- Several hats (A minimum 1 warm wool or synthetic hat, that cover your ears)
Miscellaneous Gear List:
- Sunscreen with at least SPF 40. SPF 50 is better
- Lip care with at least SPF 30, 1 stick. A string to hang around neck is helpful.
- Extra batteries for your headlamp
- Toiletry kit
- Small supply of personal toilet paper in ziploc for emergency. We provide paper while at huts.
- 3 large plastic bags for keeping your gear dry
- Extra ziplocs for keeping small things protected
- Ear plugs. Highly Recommended! We sleep in a mountain shelter with other climbers!
- Hand wipes for personal hygiene
- Favorite snacks, combination of salty and sweet. Candy bars like snickers are available at the base of the mountain in shops.
Bring about 1.5 kilos or 2+ pounds. For summit day and walking days.
- Paperback books and some magazines for travel within Russia and for stay at the mountain shelters
- Ipod or MP3 with extra batteries
- Camera with extra batteries or charging cords
- Waterproof wallet for travel documents, money & passport, Russia Visa
TERMS & CONDITIONS : http://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (Watsapp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organised by :
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160