Chasing clouds, A lot of you have been already bored with some of the most common hiking trip in Malaysia like Bukit Broga, Gunung Datuk, Gunung Arong, Bukit Senaling etc. Come join us no Recce Adventure to Bukit Raka in Bentong, Malaysia.
Bukit Raka, a mountain in Bentong town with a height of only 579m above sea level, it may look easy based on the altitude but definitely not an easy mountain for beginners. Although less than 600 meters above sea level, the hike to the summit of Bukit Raka is an unforgettable journey. Bukit Raka trail is combination of mixed trail + rock climbing skills, similar to Tabur East.
- BUKIT RAKA
- Elevation : 579m
- Location : Bentong, Malaysia
- Grading : Moderate (*read the hiking requirements below)
*AS WE NEED TO APPLY FOR PERMIT IF YOU ARE KEEN MAKE PAYMENT ASAP. EVENT CONFIRMATION IS BASED ON PAYMENT DEPOSIT. LAST DAY FOR REGISTRATION IS BEFORE 22Feb2019 OR BEFORE EVENT IS FULL.
Duration : 1 Day Trip
Meetup Place : Marsiling MRT BUS STOP
Meetup Time : 10.00pm (Please note we will depart 10.10pm)
Event Cost :
SGTrek Paid Members : SGD80
NON-SGTrek Members : SGD90
(*not for beginners)
(For MEMBERSHIP check this link:https://sgtrek.com/signup)
Staff Contact No.: +6592700908 (WhatsApp)
- Group size below 15pax – Transportation is Van
- Group size above 25pax – Transportation is Coach
Event Login Form: (Ask for password once you made the payment)
- Meet up at 10pm at the Marsiling Mrt Bus Stop. Please be on time as otherwise there will be huge delays at the Causeway.
- Briefing about the journey
- Depart for Singapore Customs
- Depart for JB Customs (you should buy your drinks, snacks & food here on at the toilet breaks along the way to Bentong)
- Drive to Bentong, stopover for toilet break(s) along the route at rest-stops (you should buy your drinks, snacks & food here on at the toilet breaks along the way to Bentong)
- Arrive at trailhead at around 6.30am-7am.
How you can prepare yourself for the hike :
- There are very limited locations (and choices) for early morning breakfast at Bentong. You are advised to pack your own food and drink (for breakfast, snacks during the hike) prior to meeting up or if you are not fussy, you can pick some stuff up during the toilet break(s). Do eat a little before the hike.
- As the local guides usually carry a stove or two to boil water at the summit, you can consider bringing your own coffee/tea/cup noodles. However, please bring your own additional water (250-500ml) to prepare the cup noodles. Since it is not possible to boil water for everyone, please consider alternatives if you can.
- Please note that there are no toilet / shower facilities at the trailhead. So answer nature’s call at the toilet break(s) before we arrive at the trailhead.
- After the hike, we will proceed to Bukit Tinggi for lunch. There’s lots of nice food there but limited halal food – if you require halal food, please inform us prior to the hike – we may stop along the way at halal food stalls but you will have to take away. We appreciate your understanding on this.
- Please bring only the essential things for the hike itself – you may leave your change of clothing and non-essential things in the bus. You should have with you the following essential items : water, food, a flashlight/headlamp, your medication, a small knife/swiss army knife, your personal first aid kit/medication, insect repellent and gloves (there will be a lot of rope work during this hike).
Meetup with local guides, safety briefing and we will start to hike. Below is a rough guide on the trail
- 06.30am Meet local guides. Safety briefing will be carried out at the trailhead
- 07.00am- Start hiking
- 10.00am- Reach Bukit Raka summit for Breakfast/Break. Group Photo session.
- 10.45am- Descend
- 01.30noon – Arrive at trail head / where bus is parked
- 02.00pm – Depart for Bukit Tinggi
(*Please take note there is no shower facilities at the areas, please do some wetwipes for cleaning up. You can also use the toilet facilities at the food area around Bukit Tinggi – But no Shower Facility)
Bukit Tinggi is a small town in Bentong district of Pahang, Malaysia. This small town is located along Kuala Lumpur–Karak Expressway, notable for its famous restaurants that lure visitors coming from Genting Highlands. The town theme was based on a village called Colmar Tropicale in France. We will stop here for lunch(*own cost).
- 3.30pm – Head back to Singapore
- Along the way we will stop for dinner(*at own cost)
- We will try to reach Singapore before to midnight.
Hiking Requirements : Even though the altitude is below than 600m, the trail is moderate a lot of steep climb, need to use ropes, a bit of rock climbing. This hike is not suitable for beginners as physical fitness is needed to endure the walk around 3-4hours with steep ascent. The overall hike took about 2-3 hours+ with 4km in distance up and down. If you are an experienced hiker, you would enjoy the trail. We could get to see the whole of Bentong Town with Genting Highland at the end when the sky is very clear.
*Do take note this will be a recce adventure , itinerary may be changed accordingly to the weather and trail conditions on the day.
The package is inclusive of the following:-
• Transportation from Singapore – Bukit Raka – Singapore
• Local Hiking Guides
• Event Coordinator
• Hiking Permits/Entrance fees
Package does not Inclusive of the following:
• Malaysia Visa
• All Food and Drinks for the trips
• Personal Expenses
Please note the following items to bring on our own :
- Day Backpack hike (Make sure light backpack)
- Water Proof bags for Rain shelter
- Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom
- Raincoat or windbreaker
- pair good shoe for hiking
- 1 sandal/slipper
- 1 Hand torchlight or headlamp
- Personal medication if any
TERMS & CONDITIONS : http://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (Watsapp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organised by :
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160