Trek up into the mountains to meet Thailand’s remote hilltribe communities on a five-day adventure. Head out from wondrous Chiang Mai and through a national park to Lahu and Karen villages, spend time with a shaman, explore deep caves by bamboo raft, and marvel at the lush jungle scenery before arriving at the hilltop village of Ban Jabo and the warmest of welcomes.
Is this tour for me?
Vaccinated Tours New
All travellers must have received a full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose given at least 14 days before the start of the tour.
If your tour starts on or after March 31, 2023 we will no longer require you to be fully vaccinated, however we do still recommend that all travellers are fully vaccinated before travelling. Look for the Vaccinated Tours icon to determine if a vaccine is required for your departure.
Important pre-departure information
To help you prepare for your trip, please ensure you understand the latest travel and health requirements and restrictions by destination, for both directions of travel, which may change frequently.
Travel Style: Active
Hiking, trekking, biking, rafting, and kayaking adventures all over the world, made for outdoor types.
Service Level: Basic
Simple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
Physical Rating: 3 – Average
Some tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
Trip Type: Small Group
Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 5. Please note this trip runs often in order to provide maximum flexibility when choosing dates. It’s possible your group size will be fairly small.
1. Please be advised that a 2-week period of traditional slash and burn farming occurs in this region between March and April (start date varies). During this time your trek may follow an alternate route to avoid uncomfortably smoky areas.
- Thu, 12 Jan – Mon, 16 Jan – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 26 Jan – Mon, 30 Jan – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 02 Feb – Mon, 06 Feb – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 09 Feb – Mon, 13 Feb – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 16 Feb – Mon, 20 Feb – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 23 Feb – Mon, 27 Feb – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 09 Mar – Mon, 13 Mar – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 16 Mar – Mon, 20 Mar – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 23 Mar – Mon, 27 Mar – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 30 Mar – Mon, 03 Apr – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 06 Apr – Mon, 10 Apr – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 13 Apr – Mon, 17 Apr – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 20 Apr – Mon, 24 Apr – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 11 May – Mon, 15 May – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 08 Jun – Mon, 12 Jun – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 15 Jun – Mon, 19 Jun – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 29 Jun – Mon, 03 Jul – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 06 Jul – Mon, 10 Jul – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 13 Jul – Mon, 17 Jul – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 20 Jul – Mon, 24 Jul – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 03 Aug – Mon, 07 Aug – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 10 Aug – Mon, 14 Aug – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 17 Aug – Mon, 21 Aug – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 31 Aug – Mon, 04 Sep – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 07 Sep – Mon, 11 Sep – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 14 Sep – Mon, 18 Sep – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 05 Oct – Mon, 09 Oct – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 19 Oct – Mon, 23 Oct – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 26 Oct – Mon, 30 Oct – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 09 Nov – Mon, 13 Nov – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 23 Nov – Mon, 27 Nov – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 07 Dec – Mon, 11 Dec – SGD559/Pax
- Thu, 21 Dec – Mon, 25 Dec – SGD559/Pax
Day 1 Chiang Mai
Arrive at any time.
Your Welcome Moment Welcome Meeting – Meet Your CEO and Group
Day 2 Chiang Mai/Ban Pha Mon
Drive from Chiang Mai to the trailhead. Trek through farmland and bamboo and teak forests. Learn about bush food and medicinal plants. Enjoy lunch en route before continuing through rice fields and valleys to reach the first village of a Lahu tribe. Assist with food prep and cooking, or check out a local Lahu massage.
Your G for Good Moment Ban Pha Mon Homestay
Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
Day 3 Ban Pha Mon/Ban Muang Pam
Trek between villages, over farmlands and grasslands, and ascend to the ridge line. Learn about bush medicine and seasonal fruits as you make your way to the lunch stop. Go for a swim and help the local guides prepare lunch. Continue on to the Karen village and spend the night. Opt to learn about medicine from a shaman or play football with the locals.
Your G for Good Moment Ban Muang Pam Homestay
Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
Day 4 Ban Muang Pam/Ban Jabo
After breakfast, leave the village and continue on, trekking beside the Pam River through lush jungle. Arrive at Tham Lod, a 1666m deep cave. Enter by bamboo raft and move to different chambers – a truly unique experience. Following the cave visit and lunch travel to Ban Jabo, a Black Lahu village. Learn about the Lahu culture, try out some traditional activities, and lend a hand making dinner using regional products and cooking methods.
Your G for Good Moment Ban Jabo Homestay
Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
Day 5 Ban Jabo/Chiang Mai
Following breakfast, bid farewell to your hosts and return by private van to Chiang Mai, arriving at approximately 3pm. Tour ends on arrival.
- Your G for Good Moment: Ban Pha Mon Homestay, Ban Pha Mon
- Your G for Good Moment: Ban Muang Pam Homestay, Ban Muang Pam
- Your G for Good Moment: Ban Jabo Homestay, Ban Jabo
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting – Meet Your CEO and Group
- Trek to remote hilltribe villages (4 days)
- Lod Cave visit and bamboo rafting
- Prehistoric coffin cave visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
Hotels (1 nts), basic huts (3 nts, multi-share).
4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
Open pickup truck, van, trekking, raft.
Staff & experts
CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, specialist trekking guides.
*THIS TRIP IS COLLABORATED WITH G ADVENTURES
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160
Address: 28A, Kandahar Street