Just like every other sport, trekking success can be optimised. Success may be measured by reaching the summit or completing the entire track safely and enjoyably with beautiful pictures to post. This is especially important for longer trips where multi-day hikes in remote locations require larger investments of time and money. In this 2-part series you would learn the performance determinants of trekking and how to to increase your level of performance and avoid the common injuries that may be detrimental to reaching the peak.
Module 1 is mostly theoretical, where you would appreciate the various determinants of trekking performance from different aspects of fitness to footwear and gear. You would also learn how to prevent and manage some of the common injuries acquired during trekking.
Title: Performance and injury prevention for trekking (Module 1)
EVENT COST: SGTREK MEMBERS ONLY EVENT
EVENT DATE: 14 Nov 2022
- EVENT START TIME: 07:00pm
- EVENT END TIME: 08:00pm
- EVENT LOCATION: SGTREK OFFICE
*More details will be sent to the confirmed participants via Email/WhatsApp
Only limited to 12-15pax Max for this session. Do Signup.
Module 2 is a practical session that focuses on self-release techniques and stretches that are relevant to trekking. Utilising these techniques will help you be your own physiotherapist in the mountains to improve physical performance of your muscles which may potentially prevent injuries that may cause a premature end to your trip. Completing Module 1 before module 2 is preferred.
Title: Be your own mountain physio – Self release and stretches for trekkers (Module 2)
Attire: comfortable attire you can move around in
To bring: your own i) massage ball and ii) trekking pole/massage stick/ broom stick
Module 2 – EVENT DATE: TBA
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160