Granite, which was once used in construction works in Singapore, was mined in several areas around the island. This Igneous rock is several times stronger than concrete and played an important role in Singapore’s early development. The island’s strongest rock formation was found at Gombak Norite. At one time Nine quarries used to operate in this region.
After mining was stopped and now no longer used as quarries, these former mining sites are now breath-taking spots, turned into lakes, attracting birds, dragon flies, turtles, fish. The cliffs can be admired from safe distance from viewing decks.
We take you around four such former quarries of the west Little Guilin, Bukit Batok Nature Park Quarry, Hindhede and Singapore Quarries. We start from Bukit Gombak MRT and end at Rail Mall, where you have variety of choices for lunch.
EVENT DATE: 26 Feb 2022
FREE for SGTREK MEMBERS
$25/Pax (Non Members)
Become a SGTREK Member and enjoy the benefits. Read here for Membership benefits: https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-membership/
MEET UP LOCATION
- Start point : Bukit Gombak MRT 08.00am (we start at sharp 8.05am)
- End point : Rail Mall (End Time approx. around 11.00am)
- Distance : est 10km
- Average Pace : 3.5-4km/h
- Maintain social distancing while walking
This walk is suitable for beginners who are seeking some adventure to start with. Parent’s with kids are also welcome to join us. Walk Maintaining Social Distancing.
The following are things you will need:
- A bottle of water 1liter
- Umbrella or Raincoat
- Some light snacks
- Sport shoes or hiking shoes
- Water Proof daypack
- Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom (* comfortable clothing)
- Personal medication if any
- Sun protection, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
Safe Management Measures: Strictly to be followed by all participants who join this event.
- Participants to follow safe management measures throughout the activity
- All participants maintain at least 1m spacing. Always ensure no intermingling between different sub-groups.
- Requiring every participant and staff to wear a mask during the tour, except where allowed under the Control Order (e.g. where eating, drinking, or taking medication, etc.).
- For tours with conveyance, requiring participants keep to the same seats through the journey, including between destinations, and to board and disembark from the conveyance in an orderly manner that minimizes physical interaction.
- Participants to retain the Trace Together app on their mobile phones to support contact tracing efforts even after the tour.
- Adopt good hygiene practices, for example, frequent sanitizing of hands
- If you feel unwell do not join the event day. Kindly take care of your health.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160