Experience a enjoyable nature walk through heart of the city along Singapore’s newly re-opened Rail Corridor. This walk is suitable for anyone who is adventurous. Parent’s with kids are also welcome to join us.
The Railway Corridor connects many green spaces together and is “already like a nature park; much of it a mix of secondary forest growth, grasslands, and small scale fruit and vegetable farms. Open areas are interspersed with canals, streams and marshland on both sides of the tracks.”
There are 6 main green areas that the Railway Lands connect:
- Southern Sector
- Clementi Woodlands
- Jurong Line
- Bukit Timah Nature Reserve
- Bukit Panjang / Chua Chu Kang / Pang Sua
- Kranji / Mandai Mangrove & Mudflats
The original route was about 24km starting from Woodlands checkpoint to Tanjong Pagar Railway Station. Currently the route access is only from Kranji Close Road to Spooner Road.
We will be walking from King Albert Park MRT Station to Spooner Road the GREEN CORRIDOR TRAIL. From the last point we will make our way to Tanjong Pagar MRT.
Event Date : 09 May 2021 / 23 May 2021
- Start point : King Albert Park MRT – 02:00pm (we start at sharp 02.10pm)
- End point : Tanjong Pagar MRT (End Time approx. around 06:00pm)
- Distance : est. 15km
- Average Pace : 3-4km/h
- Walk in group of 8Pax
- Subscribe and follow our SGTREK YOUTUBE CHANNEL : https://www.youtube.com/c/SGTREK
EVENT COST: $15/Pax
*Follow below steps to register for this event :
- By the event ticket on the website
- Fill the event google form sent to your email
- Get event confirmation with all the event details
- Event cost is non refundable upon payment (*incase if you unable to join the event on the day, you can swap your spots with your friends, but do let us know at least 3 days before to the event date.
The following are things you will need:
- A bottle of water 1liter
- Umbrella or Raincoat
- Some light snacks
- Trekking shoes /Sport shoes (we walking on park connector mostly)
- Water Proof daypack
- Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom (* comfortable clothing)
- Personal medication if any
- Sun protection, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
Safe Management Measures: Strictly to be followed by all participants who join this event.
- Participants to follow safe management measures throughout the activity
- All participants maintain at least 1m spacing. Always ensure no intermingling between different sub-groups.
- Requiring every participant and staff to wear a mask during the tour, except where allowed under the Control Order (e.g. where eating, drinking, or taking medication, etc.).
- For tours with conveyance, requiring participants keep to the same seats through the journey, including between destinations, and to board and disembark from the conveyance in an orderly manner that minimizes physical interaction.
- Participants to retain the Trace Together app on their mobile phones to support contact tracing efforts even after the tour.
- Adopt good hygiene practices, for example, frequent sanitizing of hands
- If you feel unwell do not join the event day. Kindly take care of your health.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160