Rupin Pass is a high-altitude trek which starts from Dhaula in Uttarakhand and ends at Sangla. … Being a high-altitude trek, of about 15250 feet, Rupin Pass is considered among one of the high range expeditions for Trekking in India.
Event Duration: 10days9nights
Event Date : 07June-16June2019
Staff Contact No.: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Event Cost: (deposit $100/Pax for confirmation)
Event Grading: Moderate
One should be very comfortable in walking for 5-6hours a day on an average of 10km/day on a high altitude. Trails are not very well defined in some parts of the trek steep ascent and descents are expected along the trek. We would be carrying our own backpack with your personal gear for the entire trek.
Make payment to the below account and send the payment screenshot via WHATSAPP to +6592700908(Vijay):
*Make the payment to the below account:
SGTREK PAYNOW UEN: 201816267K
or You can transfer to the below account no.
Account Name: SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Bank Name: DBS BANK
Account Type: Digital Account
Account No: 027-907841-3
- Day 1: Singapore to Delhi to Dehradun – 266 km Drive (Overnight Journey)
- Day 2: Dehradun to Dhaula – 180 km Drive
- Day 3: Trek 7 km to homestay in Sewa (6,300 ft). Time to reach: 6 hours
- Day 4: Trek 9 km from Sewa to homestay in Jhaka (8,700 ft). Time to reach: 7 hours
- Day 5: Trek 6 km to Saruwas Thatch camp (11,150 ft). Time to reach: 5 hours
- Day 6: Trek 5 km to Dhanderas Thatch camp (lower waterfall) (11,680 ft). Time to Reach: 4 hours
- Day 7: Trek 3 km steep to Upper Waterfall camp (13,120 ft). Time to Reach: 3 hours
- Day 8: Trek 10 km to Ronti Gad camp (13,420 ft) via Rupin Pass (15,200 ft). Time to Reach: 11 hours
- Day 9: Trek 12 km to Sangla village (8,800 ft). Sangla to Shimla – 225 km Drive
- Day 10: Shimla to Delhi – 344 km Drive (Overnight Journey)
- Delhi to Singapore
Overview of Itinerary:
Based on the below flight suggestion do book your flights accordingly. If any queries, feel free to ask us. We want everyone to arrive at the same time in Delhi Airport. There will be only 1 pickup arranged and it’s going to be a long over night ride.
Day 1: Singapore to Delhi to Dehradun – 266 km Drive (Overnight Journey)
Upon arrival at Delhi airport, Meetup with the local driver and over night ride to Dehradun (on average it takes around 8-9hours)
Day 2: Dehradun to Dhaula – 180 km Drive
Assemble in Dehradun by 7 AM and board your vehicles for Dhaula. Dhaula is a quaint village in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. The homestay cabin is tucked into the lush woods on a gradual mountain slope overlooking the Rupin river below. Spend the night in one of the local guest houses in Dhaula. The Rupin Pass Trek begins from Dhaula the next morning after steaming-hot cups of chai.
Day 3: Trek 7 km to homestay in Sewa (6,300 ft). Time to reach: 6 hours
An easy 11 km trek from Dhaula to Sewa with apple & apricot trees in abundance on the trail. The initial walk is through farms till you enter the dense jungle. The richness of the number of streams in the last leg of the trek is refreshing. As you reach Sewa, the crowned jewel of the village is an ancient Shiva temple that opens once every 12 years to welcome a local visiting god. Camp overnight at Sewa village.
Day 4: Trek 9 km from Sewa to homestay in Jhaka (8,700 ft). Time to reach: 7 hours
Today we will trek to the Hanging Village of Jhaka, a challenging but rewarding climb. The final section is through beautiful deodar & walnut trees. Rising from a deep gorge, Jhaka can be spotted through the forest perched high up on a neighboring mountain. The Hanging Village gets its name from the way it seems to vertically climb the mountain itself, with your homestay balcony jutting right over the edge of the cliffs. Overnight in Jiskun.
Day 5: Trek 6 km to Saruwas Thatch camp (11,150 ft). Time to reach: 5 hours
Your ascent today brings many surprises with it. Dense forests, meadows and snow bridges dot the way. The river is your companion today, and a thundering river waits for you to carefully cross it overhead on a log bridge. As you approach Saruwas Thatch, your climb levels off into a meadow tucked beneath the mountains, painted in purple rhododendrons all around. The proximate distance to Saruwas thatch is 5kms which will take about 4-5 hours. Overnight camp at Saruwas Thatch.
Day 6: Trek 5 km to Dhanderas Thatch camp (lower waterfall) (11,680 ft). Time to Reach: 4 hours
Today brings you your first glimpse of the infamous high-altitude Rupin Pass waterfall, and it is well worth it. Only a 500 ft ascent today for acclimatization purposes, the day’s hike is gentle but stunning, tempting all who walk the trail to take a quick detour and slide (or glissade, as us trekking nerds say) down the snow slopes for a dose of adrenaline. Overnight camp at Dhanderas Thatch, where the Rupin waterfall you will climb tomorrow can be heard thundering above you.
Day 7: Trek 3 km steep to Upper Waterfall camp (13,120 ft). Time to Reach: 3 hours
Get your cameras ready- today’s hike is straight up the side of that massive waterfall you’ve inched a little closer to each day. We trek straight up the same cliff that the mighty Rupin River cascades down from just a few feet away. Upper waterfall campsite is waiting for you at the top, and it’s like entering a new world. You’ve left the treelined far below, and the landscape turns to a frozen landscape blanketed in deep untouched snow with jagged black mountains all around.
Day 8: Trek 10 km to Ronti Gad camp (13,420 ft) via Rupin Pass (15,200 ft). Time to Reach: 11 hours
Today is what you’ve been waiting for- and you’re going to have to work for it. We will break camps early in the morning to have more time. Your newfound skills on the snow will be put to the test (depending on the season), and you will use our snowshoes to traverse the steep, icy climb to the saddle-shaped Rupin Pass itself. The summit is worth the icy climb, revealing a 360-degree view of multiple mountain ranges, connected by the pass, which is adorned with prayer flags. The steep descent down the other side brings you to Ronti Gad camp tucked into a meadow just above the treelined.
Day 9: Trek 12 km to Sangla village (8,800 ft). Sangla to Shimla – 225 km Drive
What goes up must come down- like on most treks, the last day’s trail is a steep descent. The spectacular views of Kinner Kailash Ranges will keep the photographer in you busy. Slowly but steadily, we glance our first view of civilization far below as we pass through old stone house ruins, fields of grazing chupas and village farms & orchards. The lush green fields are a welcome refreshment after several days in the white landscape of the high mountains. We will reach Sangla in 5-6 hours. After reaching Sangla, we will board our vehicles for the return journey to Shimla. We will reach Shimla late at night
Overnight ride to Delhi.
Day 10: Shimla to Delhi – 344 km Drive (Overnight Journey) – Flight to Home Country
Arrive at Delhi Airport early morning around 8am-10am. We advise you all to book a later flight in the noon back to Singapore.
- Transfer from Delhi to Delhi
- Food as per menu on the trek (Starting Dinner on Day 2 till Packed Lunch on Day 9)
- Exhaustive First Aid kit including Oxygen cylinder
- Forest Permits/Camping Charges
- Dome tents – on twin sharing basis, Sleeping bags, mats
- Micro-spikes, Gaiters, Helmets, if required
- Trek guide, cook, helpers, and porters for carrying common supplies
- Mountaineering course certified Trek Leader with First Aid certification along with special rescue course from NIM, Uttarkashi
What’s not Included
- International Flights
- Visa to India
- Portage of personal bags during the trek
- Cost of any kind of Travel Insurance.
- Any Expense of personal nature.
- Any Expense not specified in the inclusions list.
- Meals other than specified in the itinerary
- Personal medication
SINGAPORE – DELHI – SINGAPORE
Please note the following items to bring on our own:
- 50L- 60L Backpack
- Trekking poles
- Quick-drying pants/shorts
- Long-sleeve shirts (for sun
- Lightweight fleece or jacket
- Boots or shoes suited
- Socks (synthetic or wool)
- Extra clothes * (beyond the
Additional items for rainy and/
or cold weather:
- Rainwear (jacket and pants)
- Long underwear
- Warm, insulated jacket or vest
- Fleece pants
- Gloves or mittens
- Warm hat
- Bandana or Buff
- Gaiters (for rainy, snowy, or
FOOD & WATER
- Water bottles and/or reservoir *
- Trail snacks
- First-aid kit or supplies *
- Lighter/matches & firestarter *
- Emergency shelter *
- Headlamp or flashlight * (with
HEALTH & HYGIENE
- Hand sanitizer
- Menstrual products (if needed)
- Prescription medications
- First-aid kit or supplies
- Sun protection:
- Sunscreen *
- Sunglasses * (+ retainer leash)
- Sun hat *
- SPF-rated lip balm *
- Insect repellent *
- Toilet paper
- Urinary products
- Sanitation trowel (if no toilets)
- Baby wipes
- Alcohol or antiseptic wipes
- Blister treatments
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160