Away from the main city, the quiet neighborhood of Sembawang, was once a Naval base during the British era. It played an important role in the region, repairing warships as well as housing the Royal Navy sailors and officers. In 1930s the world’s largest dry dock was here.
As we walk along the trail, you can see the Black and white bungalows, built in 1920s and housed Naval officers, sites of bunkers, Pillboxes, a Japanese theatre, former center for screening Japanese propaganda films, the elegant Bealuieu House at the Sembawang Park and the Sembawang Strip, which was popular during British time for bars is now well-known eatery stop.
Sembawang was also once home for rubber and gambier plantations. Singapore’s oldest rubber tree can be found here, part of the original plantation from early 20th century.
The walk is around 12 kms and will take you through the rich heritage of Sembawang. It is suitable for children, and we walk a steady pace of around 4kms/hr speed.
EVENT DATE: 05 Feb 2022
FREE for SGTREK MEMBERS
$25/Pax (Non Members)
Become a SGTREK Member and enjoy the benefits. Read here for Membership benefits: https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-membership/
MEET UP LOCATION
- Start point : Sembawang Mrt 08.00am (we start at sharp 8.05am)
- End point : Sembawang Mrt (End Time approx. around 12.00pm)
- Distance : est 12km
- Average Pace : 3.5-4km/h
- Maintain social distancing while walking
This walk is suitable for beginners who are seeking some adventure to start with. Parent’s with kids are also welcome to join us. Walk Maintaining Social Distancing.
The following are things you will need:
- A bottle of water 1liter
- Umbrella or Raincoat
- Some light snacks
- Sport shoes or hiking shoes
- Water Proof daypack
- Long-sleeved T-shirt and long track bottom (* comfortable clothing)
- Personal medication if any
- Sun protection, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
Safe Management Measures: Strictly to be followed by all participants who join this event.
- Participants to follow safe management measures throughout the activity
- All participants maintain at least 1m spacing. Always ensure no intermingling between different sub-groups.
- Requiring every participant and staff to wear a mask during the tour, except where allowed under the Control Order (e.g. where eating, drinking, or taking medication, etc.).
- For tours with conveyance, requiring participants keep to the same seats through the journey, including between destinations, and to board and disembark from the conveyance in an orderly manner that minimizes physical interaction.
- Participants to retain the Trace Together app on their mobile phones to support contact tracing efforts even after the tour.
- Adopt good hygiene practices, for example, frequent sanitizing of hands
- If you feel unwell do not join the event day. Kindly take care of your health.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160