*This is a virtual walk event.
As announced by NPARKS, The Round Island Route (RIR) is a continuous 150 km park connector that goes around Singapore. It will complement the existing Park Connector Network, connecting existing natural, cultural, historical, and recreational sites and linking communities together. It will provide opportunities for recreational activities such as cycling, skating, jogging, and hiking. These connections and activities will enhance our ‘City in Nature’ experience for all residents. With a large interlinking network of park connectors, you can easily park hop while indulging in various fun and recreational activities.
PLEASE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP PAGE FOR MORE UPDATES: https://www.facebook.com/groups/435563304080769/
Goal of this event:
– To promote healthy lifestyle through this walk.
– Explore various location around Singapore.
– Encourage more people to take outdoor activities.
*Advisory: All participants are advised to follow local government regulations to stay safe and healthy during this time and when taking part in this virtual walk challenge.
Challenge starts 01 Oct 2020
Challenge ends: 31 Oct 2020
Submission Date: 01 Nov 2020 (* you can submit once you complete your walk)
How to complete the entire route:
- You can walk the entire route in one go or
- You can plan your route within multiple days and complete within the timeframe.
TASK TO COMPLETE ALONG THE ROUTE:
There are 15 checkpoints along the route, you will need to take a selfie at each of the checkpoint. This will be used for verification of challenge completion.
- WOODLANDS JETTY
- SEMBAWANG HOT SPRING PARK
- CONEY ISLAND (WEST ENTRANCE)
- LORONG HALUS JETTY
- CHANGI VILLAGE HAWKER CENTRE
- SUNRISE VIEW (take your picture at this 333 Lamp Post with the hut background.)
- BEDOK JETTY
- BAY EAST GARDEN VISITOR CENTRE
- ARTSCIENCE MUSEUM
- RESORTS WORLD SENTOSA
- SOUTHERNMOST POINT OF CONTINENTAL ASIA
- HENDERSON WAVES
- MCDONALD’S WEST COAST PARK
- JOHOR STRAITS LIGHTHOUSE
- SUNGEI BULOH WETLAND RESERVE VISITOR CENTRE
REWARDS FOR COMPLETION OF THE ENTIRE SG RIR:
- You will be awarded with Digital Certificate upon completion of the SG Round Island Route
- Free Goodies from our sponsor – OUTSIDE SINGAPORE (http://outsidestore.co/)
- Entitled to participate in the lucky draw to win 2Days1Night Stay in Anaya Nature Resort (Bintan) – We have 5 Vouchers to giveaway by our sponsor Anaya Nature Resort
- Entitled to participate in the lucky draw to win 1Day hiking trip to Malaysia – We have 5 Vouchers to giveaway by SGTREK
REWARDS FROM SPONSORS:
SPONSOR 1: Anaya Nature Resort (Bintan)
- 5 vouchers each for 1 weekend night stay at Anaya including complimentary breakfast for 2, meet and greet at Bintan ferry terminal and local return transfer.
- Voucher valid till 31st Dec 2021
- Terms and Conditions Apply Anaya Nature Resort (Bintan), a lucky draw will be held at the end of the event and *5 winners will be contacted directly. Do check your registered email address.
SPONSOR 2: OUTSIDE SINGAPORE
As being a nature lover, we need to keep our trails clean. Every 1 piece of trash you pick up will help to keep the trails clean. Upon registration for this RIR event you can head down to OUTSIDE store for collection of an exclusive FJALLRAVEN Trash bag which you could use for the trail.
OUTSIDE SINGAPORE would like to sponsor a 15% voucher for all participants, you can purchase from outsidestore.co. Voucher code will be emailed to all the participants after event registration.
Upon completion of the trail you will be rewarded with “Fold-A-Cup and Spork” which you could use for you next adventures. You can collect it from their stores. We will send you more information on the collection pack after the event completion.
SPONSOR 3: SGTREK
- 5 Travel Voucher to 1Day hiking trip to Malaysia – We have 5 Vouchers to giveaway by SGTREK
- Voucher valid till 31st Dec 2021
- Terms and Conditions Apply SGTREK PTE. LTD.
- A lucky draw will be held at the end of the event and *5 winners will be contacted directly. Do check your registered email address.
INORDER TO QUALIFY FOR THE REWARDS: DO LIKE OUR SPONSOR’s FACEBOOK PAGE
Anaya Nature Resort (Bintan): https://www.facebook.com/anayanatureresort/
OUTSIDE SINGAPORE: https://www.facebook.com/outsidesg/
WAYS TO TRACK AND SUBMIT:
Any running apps, pedometers, fitness devices, smartwatches can be used. Submit your records after completion, we will advise you the details in email.
THINGS NEED TO KNOW BEFORE REGISTRATION:
- Do make sure to read the event fully and understand the terms and conditions for joining this event
- All participants are advised to follow local government regulations to stay safe and healthy during this time and when taking part in this virtual walk challenge.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT:
- Register Individually on the SGTREK Website
- Fill the form and Get Event confirmation
- Event registration completed
- Complete your walk in the specified time frame
- Upload your completed total distance walk Submission Date: 01 Nov 2020
- Participants to receive E-Certificate after walk completion (*You will be notified to your registered email.)
- Winners for the lucky draw will be contacted directly.
By Joining this trip, YOU:
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.
- YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160