Southeast region of Kazakhstan: This region, stretching from Almaty (Kazakhstan’s former capital city) to Lake Balkhash, is known as Zhetisu/Land of Seven Rivers/. It’s one of Kazakhstan’s most varied regions: from semi-deserts to lush greenery and dense forests, from Grand Canyon-like rock formations to waterfalls and lakes fed by the glacier meltwater of the snow-peaked Tien Shan mountain range. This part of the country is nicknamed ‘the Golden Triangle’ for its trio of major natural attractions: the Charyn Canyon, Kolsai Lakes and the Altyn-Emel National Park.
EVENT DATE: 31July-09Aug2020 (*only 5days leave needed)
EVENT COST: SGD3580/Pax (Group of 2Pax and above)
Detailed tour itinerary:
Day1. Arrive to Almaty: former capital city of Kazakhstan
Arrive to Almaty city. Almaty is a former capital of Kazakhstan and continues as the major commercial and cultural center of the country, as well as its most populous and most cosmopolitan city. Meet your local team at the airport and transfer to your hotel. Do check in at your hotel and explore the city while enjoying the local kitchen. B+L+D
Day 2. Narynkol valley with Tien-Shan mountain ranges: Authentic nomadic life with untouched wild natural beauty. B+L+D
Today, after breakfast we start our adventure and drive towards Narynkol area which will be our last destination to arrive. On the way after crossing the endless, wide-open plains outside of Almaty, we stop to visit famous Charyn canyon (part of the Charyn NP) which comes as a surprise. Seemingly out of nowhere, the landscape gets a third dimension. Colorful naturally formed stone sculptures (or red sandstones) will stole your heart. Though its much smaller than the Grand Canyon but equally impressive. We will explore Valley of Castles: unusual rock formations with length of 3 kilometers and with a depth of 100 meters.
After Charyn canyon we continue driving and by the evening arrive to Narynkol valley. Overnight at the camp.
Days 3,4. Exploring Narynkol area. B+L+D
Narynkol is a rural area located 300km from Almaty city and borders with China and allows one of the greatest views to the great Tian-Shan mountains (Heavenly mountains) by its geographical location. This place is famous for its untouched beautiful nature and authentic nomadic lifestyle.
Here we will do and experience:
- Meet with Kazakh Eagle Hunters and their hunting eagle
- Horse riding
- Hiking activities
- Learning regular lifestyle of local nomadic people, wild nature and animals and more.
Day 5. Kolsai Lakes National Park: “Pearls of Tien Shan”. B+L+D
Today we will drive towards Kolsay Lakes National Park which is located on the north slope of the Tian Shan Mountains (10 km from the border with Kyrgyzstan). Often referred to as “Pearls of Tien Shan”, the park’s main feature’s the Kolsay Lakes (lower, middle and upper Kolsai lakes) and lake Kaindy. One can explore the area by car, horse or do trekking (accessible for the beginner hikers). Arrive to the NP and do tented camping.
Day 6. Exploring the Kolsai Lakes NP. B+L+D
Today after breakfast we start to explore amazing Kolsai Lakes National Park along with beautiful Kaindy lake.
- Lower Kolsai Lake– The lower lake is about 1 km long, 400 meters wide, and 80 meters in depth. Accessible by road. (1,818 meters from sea level).
- Middle Kolsai Lake (Mynzhilgy – meaning “1000 years old”) is the largest of the three and reaches a depth of 50 meters. (altitude: 2,252 meters). It is considered the most scenic of the three Kolsai Lakes.
- Upper Kolsai Lake– is surrounded by spruce trees and alpine meadows. (altitude: 2,850 meters).
Lake Kaindy– This lake is considered very young lake created by nature. Formed in 1911, after an earthquake triggered an enormous limestone landslide, which formed a natural dam in the gorge that was covered by spruce trees. Due to cold temperature, trees are naturally well preserved in the water.
By the evening drive back to Almaty city. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 7. Exploring the top sights of Almaty city. B+L+D
Today we will explore the top sights in and around Almaty city. This will include:
- Big Almaty lake- Visiting one of the world’s surreal lake. The Big Almaty lake is one of the reservoirs that provide fresh water for the city of Almaty.
- Medeu Ice Skating complex along with Shinbulak mountain resort – The Medeu is a high-altitude sports complex near Almaty, located at an altitude of 1691 meters above sea level. It is the world’s largest high-mountain skating rink.
- Kok-Tobe Hill– is the highest point of Almaty city, 1100m and opens you the amazing panoramic view of the city from all directions.
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 8. Visting Turgen gorge. B+L+D
Explore the most beautiful and adventurous alpine valley which located just 70 km from Almaty city. The gorge opens into a range of biomes and landscapes: alpine meadows, old-growth forest, glaciers and high peaks and waterfalls are all there for the taking. One can see some wild animals such as: Wolves, deer, wild hogs and even bear at the park area. Great place for fishing and trying local food from the nomads. By the evening drive back to Almaty. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 9. Visiting Altyn-Emel National Park along with Singing Sand Dunes. B+L+D
Altyn-Emel National Park is in the Ili River Valley, Kazakhstan and it comprises various landscapes, including sand desert, mountains, and flora. The park was founded in 1996, with the objective to preserve a natural park complex, as well as archaeological and historical monuments. It is the largest reserve in Kazakhstan and part of UNESCO’s world heritage.
Singing Sand Dunes- The singing sand dune of Altyn Emel is a geological oddity: a sand mountain that rumbles, but despite the strong wind never moves. We will have a lunch at a small oasis named after one of the great explorers of Kazakhstan, “Chokhan Valikhanov” just before exploring the sand dunes.
By the evening drive back to Almaty. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 10. Departure back to home country. End of the trip!
Local Transportation within Kazakhstan, accommodation(all the overnight hotel, yurt and tents) three meals a day, drinking water (2l per day), English speaking guide, cook, renting of riding horses or camels, support staff including drivers, all Border and National park permits. Possible to help with some visa problems.
Do not include:
International transportation, travel insurance, visas, departure tax, alcoholic drinks, gratuities, items of a personal nature.
During the trip:
Transportation: We will use Toyata Alphard (8 seats) or Toyota Land Cruisers (off road cars) for the tour.
Food: Three meals a day which includes: traditional Kazakh cuisines(European and Asian meals always available and if you are meat lover then there will be a beef and lamb meet in daily menu, if you are a vegetarian then no worries as well. We have a special menu too), fruits, cookies, juice and drinking water will always be available during the trip.
Accommodation: In days 1,6,7,8 and 9 there will be a hotel rooms and in days 2-5 you will be staying at hostel room (wooden and yurt).
Hotel: 3* or 4* hotels
We will provide: Warm sleeping bags, mattresses, blankets, first aid kit, chairs and tables and local sim cards if needed.
What to bring: Water and wind proof jackets, sunglasses, good hiking boots, any personal items if needed, gloves (you will need it during the horse riding), small back pack, binoculars( there will be a lot of wild animals in the mountains so you can see/watch them from distance), torchlight and so on.
- Experienced tour guides cook, and drivers will always accompany you during all the trip days.
By Joining this trip YOU :
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS : https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: http://www.sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : email@example.com
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160