Sa Pa is a town in the Hoàng Liên Son Mountains of northwestern Vietnam. A popular trekking base, it overlooks the terraced rice fields of the Muong Hoa Valley, and is near the 3,143m-tall Phang Xi Pang peak, which is climbable via a steep, multiday guided walk. Hill tribes, such as the Hmong, Tay and Dao, make up much of the town’s local population.
Sapa is a small market town that has been a gathering spot for many local hill tribes for nearly 200 years. Hmong and Dao people, among others, still come here to conduct trade, socialize, and attend an ephemeral “love market,” where young men and women choose one another for marriage (these days, it’s unlikely you’ll see anything more than a staged re-creation of it).
The rice terraces around our Hmong Mountain Retreat are standing tall and healthy emerald green. The local Black Hmong people in Lao Cai are resting, getting ready for the perfect time to harvest the rice.
Event Duration: 5D4N
Event Date: 21Dec-25Dec2019
Event Costing: SGD425/Pax (Group of 6Pax and above) – Receive a free SGTREK goodies when you signup for this Christmas Trip
Event Trail Grading: Beginners to Moderate. This trek is suitable for people who are comfortable to walk 4-5hours daily with light day backpack. We will be arranging all the transfer of the big backpack for the trip daily to the next village. So you do not need to carry the full bag. (*Kids above 12Years, parents are welcome to bring along.)
Day 1: Arrival at Hanoi Airport – Night Train transfer to Lao Cai
Upon arrival at Hanoi Airport our Local Guide/Driver you pick you up at Hanoi Airport and transfer to Hanoi railway station. Have your dinner prior boarding the train(*dinner at own cost). Board the train around 09:00pm.
Day 2: Transfer to Sapa – Trek to Tavan Village – Overnight at Giang Ta Chai (B/L/D)
Arrive in Lao Cai around 5.30 am. The drive from Lao Cai to Sapa takes 1hr bus ride uphill to the beautiful town of Sapa. Meetup with the local guide. You can leave all your unwanted things in the hotel and only take what is necessary for the hike.
After breakfast the guide will do a briefing and start of hike. Prepare for a great trek down to the picturesque valley of Muong Hoa. We will walk on small paths and trails to reach Tavan Village then trek through Bamboo Forest to Giang Ta Chai village where you will have unique homestay experience among hill tribe people. Picnic lunch on the way. Dinner and overnight in the local house.
Trekking distance: 17km
Trekking time: 6 hours
Day 3: Trek to Su Pan – Ban Ho Village (B/L/D)
We will have breakfast in the local house before embarking upon another day of adventure. Today we will trek across mountains, terraces and streams to reach Ban Ho Village, a beautiful village at lower altitude. Picnic lunch by the stream before moving on to Ban Ho. Dinner and overnight in local house.
Trekking distance: 15km
Trekking time: 6 hours
Day 4: Trek to Nam Tong and drive to Sapa – Night train to Hanoi (B/L/D)
After breakfast we leave Ban Ho for Sapa. We will trek shortly to Nam Tong village inhabited by the Red Dzao, discover their culture and tradition before descending to the Lavie water for the nice pictures, Return to Ban Ho village and take a jeep ride back to Sapa. Back to the town we can take shower and change clothes in hotel.
Free at leisure in the afternoon. We can explore the town on foot and have great shopping time in Sapa market. In the late afternoon, we transfer to Lao Cai for night train back to Hanoi.
Trekking distance: 3km
Trekking time: 1,5 hours
Transfer: Ban Ho – Sapa, 1 hour
Day 5: Arrive in Hanoi early morning and Transfer to Airport
Arrive in Hanoi around 5 am. Tour ends at Hanoi Railway Station and Depart back to home country.
*During the trek you don’t need to carry the load we will do the transfer to homestay.
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
- Pick up and transfer & sightseeing as per program by A/c private Russian jeep or minibus
- Full meals as per the tour program (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- English speaking local guide
- Entrance fees
- 2 nights’ home stay arrangements
- Train tickets: Hanoi – Laocai – Hanoi (soft sleeper with air-conditioning)
TOUR PRICE EXCLUDES:
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program
- Personal expense
- Vietnam Visa (Contact us if you need visa we can arrange based on the group)
- Tips for Guides usually around USD15-USD25/clients
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO BRING ON OUR OWN:
- Travel Insurance (Please buy)
- Long-sleeved t-shirt and long track bottom
- Warm clothes for night
- Raincoat or windbreaker
- 1 pair good shoe for hiking
- 1 sandal/slipper (can relax your feet)
- Personal medication if any(first aid kit)
- Long john or Mountain trekking outfit,
- Mountain jacket,
- socks and gloves,
- Trekking Pole stick
- Extra plastic bag to cover personal cameras and stuffs
- Sun glasses
- Amenities (Toiletries/bath towel/Shower gel/shampoo/paste/tissue) cos staying at homestay
SUGGESTED FLIGHTS : VIETJET AIR
By Joining this trip YOU :
- Acknowledge all the TERMS & CONDITIONS : https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
- Acknowledge that YOU have read and agreed to RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FORM of (SGTREK) : https://sgtrek.com/sgtrek-indemnity-form/
- YOU have read all the above paragraphs and YOU know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in The Activity. YOU hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that YOU knowingly assume all such risks.YOU acknowledge the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by completing this form and unconditional release of all liability to SGTREK PTE. LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/
For any queries related to the event do contact below person:
Phone: +65 92700908 (WhatsApp)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This trip is organized by:
SGTREK PTE. LTD.
Reg. No. 201816267K
STB License No. 03160